How to spend our shipboard credit?

KS&JW

Gratuity, if you don't already have that perk and assuming the OBC is automatically put on your account.

Question: Is our shipboard account shown on the TV so that we can keep track of spending??

Edited by Iamthesea

Don't forget cooking classes on the bigger ships

I'm pondering the classes as a use. But, those usually have to be be reserved and prepaid ahead. Would it work to reserve ahead and pay, then cancel for a refund and immediately rebook with the OBC while onboard? Or would the refund become another OBC?:confused: Or could I end up at the end of a class wait list if I cancel on board?

Edited by buggins0402

That is only if the obc comes from oceAnia

Any obc from your ta can be taken as cash at the end of the cruise

Not all OBC from the TA are refundable but your TA should be able to tell you what ones are refundable

Some actually come via Oceania

I'm pondering the classes as a use. But, those usually have to be be reserved and prepaid ahead. Would it work to reserve ahead and pay, then cancel for a refund and immediately rebook with the OBC while onboard? Or would the refund become another OBC?:confused: Or could I end up at the end of a class wait list if I cancel on board?

There may be a waitlist for the class so not sure how it works if you cancel & rebook

I know they did have some openings on the last cruise for some classes but now they have new classes everyone will want to try those ;)

The refund does go on your account then at the end of the cruise is refunded in cash ..at least that is what happened with us

NO

Just go to reception mid cruise & ask for a print out

:( Too bad...especially after reading about the not too friendly reception.

All classes that we are interested in are booked. Do you think that some spaces are held for bookings onboard. Perhaps for those that don't know how to use the internet?

There may be a waitlist for the class so not sure how it works if you cancel & rebook

I know they did have some openings on the last cruise for some classes but now they have new classes everyone will want to try those ;)

The refund does go on your account then at the end of the cruise is refunded in cash ..at least that is what happened with us

Thanks...if that doesn't work there are always spin classes in the fitness center as another possible way to use the OBC.

Thanks...if that doesn't work there are always spin classes in the fitness center as another possible way to use the OBC.

All this talk about what to do with OBC! It kind of makes me thirsty enough to exercise my prestige alcohol plan (of course, paid for by OBC). Seriously though, OP could wipe out that OBC with a bar/wine bill of top offerings.

:( Too bad...especially after reading about the not too friendly reception.

Seems to me the complaints about surly reception(ists) was on Riviera. And that might not be an always thing anyway.

Mura

All this talk about what to do with OBC! It kind of makes me thirsty enough to exercise my prestige alcohol plan (of course, paid for by OBC). Seriously though, OP could wipe out that OBC with a bar/wine bill of top offerings.

OP stated they are not big drinkers. I have thought about using it for some "better offerings"' for me, but DH only splurges with a drink or two on a vacation, and this "flyover country" girl is just happy with a pleasant glass...so still mulling the OBC use.

Edited by buggins0402

Use the send out laundry services.

Take an excursion....if covered by OBC, why not?!

Spa services...everyone could do with a massage or a pedicure.

Try a premium bottle of wine or liqueur, even if you don't drink much, why not try something you wouldn't choose to spend $$$ on otherwise?

Buy something extravagant at the Boutiques.

Internet service and/or Gratuities if not already covered.

Um....dinner at Le Privee or whatever the extra-special resto is called.

Thank you for your ideas.

I should have specified that our gratuities are already paid for and we already have the internet plan. Most of the credit comes from Oceania, so it looks like we must spend it. :-)

The laundry is a very good idea as the cruise is 3 weeks with pre cruise time included and I don't relish the idea of spending an afternoon doing my own.

Buying a bottle of wine for the table is another good idea.

I was already going to take advantage of the cruise transfer versus arranging a taxi myself. I prefer my own excursions, not only to save money but I prefer a smaller group. And on this cruise in particular, South Pacific, there is little advantage to using O's excursions. When we cruised the Black Sea the 4 hour bus ride to Bucharest was a good choice to go with a large group.

The spa and a couple of massages for each of us seems the best use. I have never used the spa on board as I have actively avoided cruises with sea days. I will have many sea days on this cruise. Any tips on taking advantage of the spa?

Kathleen