2 floor suites on the Allure

Coming up in August, we'll be embarking on the Allure and we've booked a 2 floor Crown Loft Suite. It's a splurge but hey, I deserve it! Wanted to chat with others who've done these suites and is it really worth the hype or just a lot of extra $$? Thank you for your input.

We've done one. We got a fantastic deal about 2 years ago so it was a "no brainer." But for us, we loved it. It's a private floor. The suite is beautiful. The balcony huge. When I walked in I looked at my wife and said "that's it, I'm staying in here the whole cruise." Now, nothing is perfect. Biggest complaint is there is no table on the balcony. Two nice lounges with a small side table. But a table with chairs would be nice to eat breakfast outside. But no big deal.

So, is it worth the money? Well you get access to all the suite benefits, like a "gold card" sundeck with nicer lounges and no people (and a bar). The Suite Lounge, Coastal Kitchen (I think these are now on Allure). We didn't have the Suite Lounge or Coastal Kitchen when we were on board, but made great use of the Concierge lounge. But that has changed. My guess is that the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen will be very nice. If you go to Labadee you get access to a private beach and an upgraded lunch. We loved that perk. Plus you get a suite only section at the ice show and in the theater. Not necessarily the best seats, but you don't have to get there early if you don't want to.

Anyway, "value" is in the eye of the beholder. For me, we have been ruined for all other cabins. We loved it. Enjoy. It's definitely a special cabin, and make sure you take advantage of all it offers.

Sailed in March, my brother was in a CLS and we had an OS on deck ten. We loved both rooms. It's not just the CLS itself, but as stated it's all about being close to the SL and CK. It really is like being on your own private yacht.

I would agree the only down side is the size of the balcony. We had a huge one at our OS so when we went to the CLS it did seem a bit tight.

We just booked again for October and debated on CLS or OS. If it was just us I would have done the CLS to give it a try. However, we are taking kids and grandkids so the extra large deck and living area will work better this time.

The CLS shower is ginormous and having two bathrooms would be nice. But I think the extra floor space works better in the OS.

Sailed in March, my brother was in a CLS and we had an OS on deck ten. We loved both rooms. It's not just the CLS itself, but as stated it's all about being close to the SL and CK. It really is like being on your odwn private yacht.

I would agree the only down side is the size of the balcony. We had a huge one at our OS so when we went to the CLS it did seem a bit tight.

We just booked again for October and debated on CLS or OS. If it was just us I would have done the CLS to give it a try. However, we are taking kids and grandkids so the extra large deck and living area will work better this time.

The CLS shower is ginormous and having two bathrooms would be nice. But I think the extra floor space works better in the OS.

We have been in both too but now with the SL and CK so close will book CLS in the future. Two months ago on the Oasis we were also allowed to order room service from CK. We were told that this was a perk for 17th floor suites only.

After reading all of your posts, I'm "positive" I did the right thing. I'm so looking forward to being spoiled and taken care of. Working in an operating room, that's all I do is take care of others, so now let's turn the tables around. A bit different but you get the idea!!!

Thank you all for your comments.:D

Edited by Surfguyxxx

You will love it. Not having to make reservations for shows was great. We also loved being able to go to the concierge for anything we needed instead of waiting in line. The suite guests were invited to a party on the helipad when we were leaving Labadee and that was fun. Now that there is Koastal Kitchen and the suite lounge on the same floor I think it will be even better. We are booked in a sky loft suite this September for a Medeterranian cruise on The Harmony of the Seas because with all the new perks (included tips, drink package, internet, free specialty dining) it was only about $1300.00 more than a crown loft suite for our sailing and I really wanted to try it. Enjoy every minute of your cruise!!!!!

Here are pictures of the Oasis CLS #1732, we really enjoyed the 17th floor, the suite was nice, but the room steward we had was not the best. Loved the MBR shower it was really nice. Also nice to have a bathroom down stairs. Didn't really care for the makeup vanity being in the corner by the closet, to dark for putting on make up.

We really prefer OS or RS but they were all taken. Enjoy your cruise and your suite.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjVwhCEZ

• 4 weeks later...
So, I can make all of my dining, show, excursion reservations when I get on-board with our loyal ambassador? I've actually never done it that way as I'm a planner by nature. :confused::confused::D:D

You can, however I would still make most of your reservations beforehand to ensure that you get the times that you want. This is especially true for the comedy show as there are very limited seats and it sells out quickly.

So, I can make all of my dining, show, excursion reservations when I get on-board with our loyal ambassador? I've actually never done it that way as I'm a planner by nature. :confused::confused::D:D

We always book our own. We find it easier and we know what we are doing when. For example, 8 days from now we have a B2B in a SLS and we booked all of our planned activities as soon as it opened. Booking these items for us is part of the fun. It is really about what makes you happy.

Coming up in August, we'll be embarking on the Allure and we've booked a 2 floor Crown Loft Suite. It's a splurge but hey, I deserve it! Wanted to chat with others who've done these suites and is it really worth the hype or just a lot of extra $$? Thank you for your input.

Paid $600 to upgrade from a Grand Suite to a L1 Crown Loft May 2012.

Total price including insurance was $3900. Worst $600 I ever spent. As we spend much time in our cabin we were completely spoiled. Now with the addition of the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen we are even more please with these cabins and their location on the 17th deck.

Since then we have sailed 11 times in a L1 Crown Loft and have 6 booked for future cruises

Sailed in a crown loft several times. A few of the times in the accessible which had a elevator in it.

Last time, I sailed with my sister and really wanted a dining table on the balcony. I requested it and they brought one! It was awesome to have the table to have our coffee each morning!!!!

I also sailed in the suite facing the ocean and the suite facing the boardwalk. Loved the boardwalk view. Could watch the Aqua shows right from our balcony!!!

Having sailed in three CL and one upcoming in August I can tell you................you will love it.

The privacy, the view, we have done both L1 and L2 and love them both.

This will be our first time sailing with the Newer suite perks going into effect in May.

Cannot wait till our August sailing, but I guess I have too.

Safe travels.

I have a silly question on the CL's.

I saw there's a doorbell but then aren't the hallways card access only? So what's really the doorbell for? Just may be room service or house cleaning?

If you have other people you're travelling with on other floors, you would have to go open the main door right, so they wouldn't get as far to use the doorbell.

Sailed in a crown loft several times. A few of the times in the accessible which had a elevator in it.

Last time, I sailed with my sister and really wanted a dining table on the balcony. I requested it and they brought one! It was awesome to have the table to have our coffee each morning!!!!

I also sailed in the suite facing the ocean and the suite facing the boardwalk. Loved the boardwalk view. Could watch the Aqua shows right from our balcony!!!

Hi we are sailing in the accessible CLS on Allure in 2017. We would love to have a dining table on the balcony. My son is ill, and tires easily, he requires a wheelchair, so we spend a lot of time in our cabin. Who did you ask for the table, and was there plenty of room for the table and the two lounge chairs?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Love the idea of asking for a table but let me ask you. In looking at the pictures of the balcony's online, did you need to get rid of the lounger or was it a tight fit all around? I like to do some lounging but breakfast outside is right up my alley.

You can, however I would still make most of your reservations beforehand to ensure that you get the times that you want. This is especially true for the comedy show as there are very limited seats and it sells out quickly.

I think I knew this answer but wanted to check; thanks. Now I just have to wait until around May 30th or so to start my online check in and do some reservations; UGGGGGGGGGGGGG, the waiting is killing me.

Question about the CLS bedroom. We are traveling with a 16 year old boy related to one of us. How much privacy will I have upstairs? With the curtains drawn can he see me walking around upstairs? I'm looking at the Harmony, and the only other choice I see is getting him a separate cabin. This is his first cruise and I would like to be able to supervise curfew etc., so the same suite appeals to me. Thanks.

Question about the CLS bedroom. We are traveling with a 16 year old boy related to one of us. How much privacy will I have upstairs? With the curtains drawn can he see me walking around upstairs? I'm looking at the Harmony, and the only other choice I see is getting him a separate cabin. This is his first cruise and I would like to be able to supervise curfew etc., so the same suite appeals to me. Thanks.

There's not a lot of privacy. Having said that, I'd imagine most of the time you'd be up there is at night and in the mornings. Given this, it's not really possible for somebody sleeping on the couch below to see anything going on upstairs, especially close to the bathroom as the sight lines prevent this, especially if you are in the changing room/vanity area. The only way for somebody to really see the whole upstairs section of the loft is for them to be against the glass door or on the balcony.

He's going to be having such a good time that when he comes in at night, he'll be too tired to look up. He is actually more worried about you looking down on him!!;)

• 1 month later...
Paid $600 to upgrade from a Grand Suite to a L1 Crown Loft May 2012.

Total price including insurance was $3900. Worst $600 I ever spent. As we spend much time in our cabin we were completely spoiled. Now with the addition of the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen we are even more please with these cabins and their location on the 17th deck.

Since then we have sailed 11 times in a L1 Crown Loft and have 6 booked for future cruises

Wait; that's a good thing right?????:D

I'll be in my first CLS in January....everyone says they're great, the only problem is, you will never want to book a different type of room!

$$$$$$$$$$

We had an aft-facing CLS over the basketball court. It was awesome for the reasons stated by others, and also a little less than awesome. It was nice to have things to look at from the balcony other than the sea, but there is ALWAYS someone in the basketball court - ka-thunk, ka-thunk, ka-thunk. Every evening the crew would have to kick the kids out at 11:00 pm or so, otherwise they would be out there all night. No noise with the door closed, but no privacy on the balcony either. My favorite feature was the open space of the room and acres of windows (large shower was really nice too). Also our stateroom attendant did a fantastic job (and was tipped accordingly).

My DW has informed me that never again shall we sail Oasis-class unless it is on Deck 17 (yikes, I guess I better start saving my pennies). Even over the basketball court again is OK by her. Like that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry says "once you've been in first class you can't go back to coach." (I've created a monster, lol.)