Viking customer service impressive

MalibooNewYork

I'd like to post an update to a recent problem I had with Viking. For many reasons my traveling companion and I wanted printed copies of our flight arrangements. Email info was sent but not the printed info as requested. I complained on here and in an email to Viking. Well, the paper copies arrived by Fedex today and while we would have been satisfied with snail mail, using Fedex is impressive. Furthermore, the flight arrangements are great. Specific requests on the flights were taken into consideration

I am more than satisfied with Viking and their response to our request.

I'd like to post an update to a recent problem I had with Viking. For many reasons my traveling companion and I wanted printed copies of our flight arrangements. Email info was sent but not the printed info as requested. I complained on here and in an email to Viking. Well, the paper copies arrived by Fedex today and while we would have been satisfied with snail mail, using Fedex is impressive. Furthermore, the flight arrangements are great. Specific requests on the flights were taken into consideration

For those who were following the original thread and might not see this one, it would be great if you copied this update there. I'm glad it all worked out and hope you have a great time.

Great to hear and very fair of you to post that the problem was resolved.

For those who were following the original thread and might not see this one, it would be great if you copied this update there. I'm glad it all worked out and hope you have a great time.

It's too bad that any OP on any thread can't edit and add the words **UPDATE, Problem resolved** to the title of a thread . We see all sorts of bashing and when things are resolved, we seldom get to see it. Unless the OP does, as this one has, started a brand new thread.

A case in point is 'Anniversary Man' whose thread title demands we all NOT cruise with Viking due to the 'terrible customer service'. Dozens of posts later, his cruise completed, problems addressed and resolved and he is much happier. But meanwhile the thread title remains the same...

It might prove useful for those who come late to the forum. Then they can read the issue, what steps were taken on both client and company's part and then the final outcome. Everyone likes a happy ending.

Host Jazz...is there a way the OP can just add to the title of a thread vs starting a whole new thread?

still no word from Host Jazz about how or if an OP can amend and update a thread title to include 'UPDATED' so if the original thread title was a negative title, it could be amended to reflect a more positive light or at least 'this how it ended'.

There are so many negative starts to threads and we have seen too many times how, in the end, a company relents or at least partially resolves an unhappy customer and yet, the negative thread title remains.

IMHO, this is unfair to the company named in the thread title when in fact, they have attempted and may have even been successful in resolving a dispute.

still no word from Host Jazz about how or if an OP can amend and update a thread title to include 'UPDATED' so if the original thread title was a negative title, it could be amended to reflect a more positive light or at least 'this how it ended'.

There are so many negative starts to threads and we have seen too many times how, in the end, a company relents or at least partially resolves an unhappy customer and yet, the negative thread title remains.

IMHO, this is unfair to the company named in the thread title when in fact, they have attempted and may have even been successful in resolving a dispute.

Send him an email and ask: HostJazzbeau@CruiseCritic.com

OP has to request it. But if people stop posting, the thread will sink off page 1 pretty quickly.

If a thread is bumped up by a new post, I think most posters read it, and then see the resolution. It's not a huge deal.