Do Select and Early Saver fares change?

CCFC

We are looking at a cruise in December and I was going to hold out until saver fares appeared but I thought the early saver fares were reasonable and I guess there will be a scramble for cabins when saver fares come out.

If we hold out until final payment date will any of the previously published select/early saver fares drop at all or are they set in stone?

Select and Saver fares change all the time due to Supply and Demand. We recently booked a Select Fare and 2 weeks later it had dropped by £200pp. Not pleased but some fares will increase its hard to predict.

Based on previous years, apart from those cruise that include Xmas or New Year December isn't that popular and I've seen major discounting of both ex UK and Caribbean cruises by P&O.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually when final payment date has passed the prices quoted are select & saver fares. The early saver fares change to just saver fares. You can still pay select fare and these may change but not always. Of course with saver fares you do not get any preferences.

Terrierjohn is right about Caribbean flights and Gatwick availability. When we had to change our three week cruise on Adonia next year because PO&O cancelled it we went for a two week cruise in February. Initially we had to agree to seats from Manchester as all the Gatwick flights were full - and pay an extra £100 as Manchester seats are more expensive. Our excellent TA put us on a waiting list for a Gatwick flight and she phoned a couple of days ago to say she had been able to change us to Gatwick - and we get a refund of the £100. Now we are on a waitlist for Premium flights. So booking late for a Caribbean cruise may well limit the choice of airports.

My cruise in 2 weeks time was booked last year and the Select price dropped by £500 pp within a month or two. I did complain and got upgraded to an Outside.

However, my cruise in 2016, same ship, similar time has increased by £500 or so for the Select price and there is no early saver fare.

The first one in two weeks, the price has been fluctuating up and down for weeks, so they are obviously finding it difficult to fill. It is 21 days, so maybe not so popular although the ports are great.

My cruise in 2 weeks time was booked last year and the Select price dropped by £500 pp within a month or two. I did complain and got upgraded to an Outside.

However, my cruise in 2016, same ship, similar time has increased by £500 or so for the Select price and there is no early saver fare.

The first one in two weeks, the price has been fluctuating up and down for weeks, so they are obviously finding it difficult to fill. It is 21 days, so maybe not so popular although the ports are great.

Does this mean you will be taking a downgrade for your 2016 cruise? Fairs fair [emoji6] :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

Bit difficult to do that as we are inside! LOL Just looked at my cruise again. Earlier today, all balconies, mini suites and suites were sold out, now mini suites are available again?

Weird.

[emoji1]

We only book insides now love the darkness, plus don't miss the whistling you get on a balcony.

Paid our balance yesterday for our November cruise, just had a email offering a upgrade from accessible large inside to accessible C1 balcony on the Arcadia, I thought wow until I realised its was not a free upgrade they only wanted £700pp [emoji15] so when does the select free upgrade work...tut tut..p&o

Yes don't mind insides at all. They do have some advantages, but we will enjoy the outside on this coming trip. I wouldn't want a balancy. There are so many times when you can't use them, sun on the other side, raining, rough weather. And as you say, have heard so many complain about the whistling.

If you travel with P&O regularly I think you win some and lose some and it all comes out in the wash. I also had an upgrade you had to pay for, never had a free one of any significance. As for inside cabins that just means more cruises [emoji3] once we are retired we will definitely go inside, at the moment we are limited how many we can go on because of work, so we may as well get a balcony.

[emoji1]

We only book insides now love the darkness, plus don't miss the whistling you get on a balcony.

Never had a whistling balcony, except when I haven't closed the door correctly, and on hot weather cruises we can always make use of our balcony.

Yes don't mind insides at all. They do have some advantages, but we will enjoy the outside on this coming trip. I wouldn't want a balancy. There are so many times when you can't use them, sun on the other side, raining, rough weather. And as you say, have heard so many complain about the whistling.

We use our balcony in all weather...it's just nice to open the doors (never had a whistling balcony door) for fresh. Air. In June We went to the Fjords...the weather wasn't very good but a 2am in the morning we were on our balcony with our pyjamas and coats on watching spectacular scenery :-)

Not really tut-tut, Jason - you can't blame them for trying ;)

There's plenty of time still between now and November for the free upgrade fairy to visit.

I very much doubt it? accessible cabins are like hens teeth, we have never had free upgrade.. :( tbo we are very happy with our large inside great location by the lifts..

If you are looking to book a Caribbean fly cruise just be aware that a late saver may not get you the airport you prefer, Gatwick is not normally a problem but the others can be full when the cheap offers appear.

That's a good point that hadn't occurred to me, if there is one airport I hate its Gatwick, thank you.

Usually when final payment date has passed the prices quoted are select & saver fares. The early saver fares change to just saver fares. You can still pay select fare and these may change but not always. Of course with saver fares you do not get any preferences.

I didn't realise the early savers went, that's another one to watch close to full payment day, thank you.

The cruise I am considering is a Britannia fly cruise going December 5th so final payment would be in about 3 weeks. (unless the TA decides its about now as they do!)

The cruise I am considering is a Britannia fly cruise going December 5th so final payment would be in about 3 weeks. (unless the TA decides its about now as they do!)

Fly cruises for the last couple of years in Dec went as low as £999 for a balcony for 14 nights.

Fly cruises for the last couple of years in Dec went as low as £999 for a balcony for 14 nights.

At the moment the only time I would say you are almost guaranteed to get a bargain is November and the first two weeks of December. Well this has been the case for the past few years.

• 3 weeks later...