What is the strangest thing you have lost or found on a cruise?

chromered7

We've never found anything in our cabins...always spotless without even a leftover tissue!

Never lost anything, but came close once....I pushed DH to buy a man bag saying how much easier it would be for him on our cruise...We were seated before embarkation, he got up to board and left the bag w/$, passports, etc., on the seat......

We were past the photo area and he realized he left the bag....He dashed back to the waiting area and it was still on the seat.

Guess what - I have a man bag now...He refuses to ever use it again!

I was just wondering as many of you are long time multiple cruisers or even new cruisers what is the strangest thing you have lost or found on a cruise?

Last November I found a flash drive in my safe and with a bit of sleuthing and cruise critic assistance I found the owner.

I left my glasses behind in the theatre one evening, went back to retrieve them but they had gone. Checked with customer services but no one had handed them in. They funny thing was the lady on the desk brought out a whole range of glasses and sunglasses and asked if mine were amongst them. There were about 20 pairs all from that cruise and we had only been on the ship a few days!

I did find a nice pen set underneath the settee in our cabin on the Queen Mary on the last night of our cruise together with a welcome note addressed to the previous guests (or so I thought!). I assumed they must have dropped it and it had rolled underneath. I packed it in our carry-on suitcase as I knew that it wasn't going to be claimed, but woke up in the middle of the night and realised that it was for the guests after us!!! The cabin steward must have put it there ready for a quick turn around the following morning. Needless to say I did return it to its rightful place before we left the ship.

While on the Constellation a few years back, my son found $1,100 dollars in the Martini Bar. He was sitting on my lap and was digging around on the seat cushions, and said look what I found. Rolled up and held together by a rubber band was 11 crisp $100 dollar bills. Wanting to show him what you're to do in this situation, we went to Guest Relations to report it.

We told them that we found a large sum of money in a public area of the ship. We provided our names and stateroom number and said if anyone reports losing this contact us before the end of the cruise. We did not disclose the sum or exact location. The last day of the cruise, we returned back to guest relations and inquired again and they said no one reported it missing or lost. They said keep it.

Our decision was if the money was found on the ship, it must remain on the ship. So we went around to all ship staff who we encountered during the cruise including the staff in the Fun Factory and tipped all very well that cruise.

Albeit aboard Emerald Princess in 2013, I reached into our stateroom safe and found a magnificent piece of antique jewelry.

Immediately took it to Guest Services. Hopefully it was timely reunited with its owner.

Found - Was having trouble closing the lower draw of the cabinet. Dug deep behind the drawer and came up with a half dozen pair of women's panties. Thankfully all clean and folded. :(

Left - Following the advice I found on another post somewhere on this board regarding air travel and how to make sure you stay under baggage weight limits, I took all 'older' clothes for day wear, exercising and beach. Left a bag of clothes as garbage. Went home with a suitcase weighing 20 pounds. :)

Edited by MarylandCruiseCouple

Lost:

down-filled travel pillow on the pool deck

water shoes

tweezers

Found:

bottle of Schwartzkoff hair serum in bathroom cabinet

earring (it was under the counter...I found it while I was looking for mine that had rolled under)

coca cola sippie cups

While on the Constellation a few years back, my son found $1,100 dollars in the Martini Bar. He was sitting on my lap and was digging around on the seat cushions, and said look what I found. Rolled up and held together by a rubber band was 11 crisp $100 dollar bills. Wanting to show him what you're to do in this situation, we went to Guest Relations to report it.

Our decision was if the money was found on the ship, it must remain on the ship. So we went around to all ship staff who we encountered during the cruise including the staff in the Fun Factory and tipped all very well that cruise.

I think that was very generous of you to 'tip' extra to all the crew that you had encountered.:D It also taught your son a very valuable lesson when you decided not to keep the money. Charity starts at home they say and you showed him that it was better to give than receive - even found money. Congratulations -- your son must be very proud of you as parents (many would have just kept the found money:()

What a class act, I'm sure the crew appreciated it, and what a great learing experience for your son.

I sent a bunch of socks to the laundry. What was returned to me was women's underwear that was not mine. I was surprised, but the laundry found my socks. I hope they found the lady missing her underwear:)

Strangest lost: 5 pounds

Strangest found: a passed-out newly wed bride, after a fight with her new husband. At the front door of our stateroom.

That is hilarious!

I lost a ring my husband gave me.I found buttons, sudoku puzzles and a sock.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Edited by bearette

On the first day of a cruise we were sitting at a table on the pool deck waiting for rooms to be ready, when my wife noticed a vintage diamond ring under the table. Big bucks. We turned it in and were later told a lady had claimed it.

Another time I was looking for something under the bed and back in the corner where normal cleaning would not have caught it, were women's panties and Dollyesque bra. I very gently teased our refined cabin steward about it being his girl friends.

On another occasion. I reached behind the safe and found two money belts-empty.

A couple years ago on the Eclipse my wife was wearing a diamond ring she doesn't normally sport to dinner and discovered it apparently slipped off her finger without her knowing it. Of course we notified guest services and searched the places she had been that night, including the internet café. I traded her steps and talked to the guy who runs the internet section. Turns out that the guy had the ring and he said that guests often leave stuff there. Rather than immediately notifying guest services, he actually took pictures of it on his finger and kept it up there. Meanwhile, we were frantic. If I was not afraid of being kicked off the ship I would have beat the heck out of him. As it was, I complained very strongly to guest services and ship officers and fully expected him to be fired. Imagine my surprise last year when he was still on the Eclipse. He started to greet me when I went in to use the internet and I stopped him, reminded him of what had happened before and clearly informed him that we were enemies and he should avoid me. He did.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

We found a bottle of limoncello, along with several small bottles in packages with small shot glasses. Obviously, the small packages were travel gifts of special people. We gave them to our room steward on the first day. He laughed, because the same thing happened to one of his friends on the last cruise. Don't know the outcome...

Edited by Lastdance

Not Celebrity ... but on another cruise line the room steward had not cleaned under our bed for a while which became apparent when putting the suitcases there. There were a couple of used Depends and a condom. While possible ... seems unlikely those things would have been left by the same passengers. :rolleyes:

LuLu

The strangest thing I have found was a pair of ladies shoes. But not just an ordinary pair of ladies shoes. They were right in the corner of the cabin under the heavy drape folds of the balcony curtain.

They were obviously for someone who had one leg longer than the other and must have been specially made for one had a 2.5" platform sole whilst the other was normal height.

I also found the most enormous bra I have ever seen in my life tucked down the back of one of the drawers.

On our cruise in april I handed DH my kindle to put in the carry-on right before boarding the airplane. He just laid it my his side so when we got up he walked off and forgot it. A very nice gentleman caught up with us and returned it.

The next day right after boarding the Equinox I walked off and forgot my camera on a lounger. A very nice lady turned it in for us. No more problems after that!!!

We found a sd card in the port parking lot. Unfortunately it had been run over and I couldn't get any of the pictures.

I left my glasses behind in the theatre one evening, went back to retrieve them but they had gone. Checked with customer services but no one had handed them in. They funny thing was the lady on the desk brought out a whole range of glasses and sunglasses and asked if mine were amongst them. There were about 20 pairs all from that cruise and we had only been on the ship a few days!

I did find a nice pen set underneath the settee in our cabin on the Queen Mary on the last night of our cruise together with a welcome note addressed to the previous guests (or so I thought!). I assumed they must have dropped it and it had rolled underneath. I packed it in our carry-on suitcase as I knew that it wasn't going to be claimed, but woke up in the middle of the night and realised that it was for the guests after us!!! The cabin steward must have put it there ready for a quick turn around the following morning. Needless to say I did return it to its rightful place before we left the ship.

:p:p:p

bgba4x.jpg

On the Allure we looked under the bed and there was a pair of men's dress shoes. So our steward didn't clean under the bed. But he was such a good steward otherwise.

We've never found anything in our cabins...always spotless without even a leftover tissue!

Never lost anything, but came close once....I pushed DH to buy a man bag saying how much easier it would be for him on our cruise...We were seated before embarkation, he got up to board and left the bag w/$, passports, etc., on the seat......

We were past the photo area and he realized he left the bag....He dashed back to the waiting area and it was still on the seat.

Guess what - I have a man bag now...He refuses to ever use it again!

Same thing happened to bf when he started carrying a man bag. Bc I refused to continue to carry all his things, I made him carry one. He left it at a booth one night when we were at a club and when he realized it was gone, went back to the booth and the people there said they never saw it. Had his ID credit cards, cash, etc. Thank goodness I had the car keys.

Not Celebrity ... but on another cruise line the room steward had not cleaned under our bed for a while which became apparent when putting the suitcases there. There were a couple of used Depends and a condom. While possible ... seems unlikely those things would have been left by the same passengers. :rolleyes:

LuLu

EWWWW!!!! :eek:

My daughter lost our family camera on the boat and unfortunately no one brought it back. Our daughter ' 16th birthday trip to NEW YORK, our first day on the cruise and our first excursion are in the memory stick and are lost forever if the camera is not brought back to us. IF you have found it please send me a message. Getting it back, will bring back the belief that people try to be honest and try everything to return items to the right owner.

tHANK YOU