Andy Stuart now CEO NCL

TheDougOut

MIAMI, Sept. 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (Nasdaq:NCLH) (together with NCL Corporation Ltd., “Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings”, “Norwegian” or the “Company”) today announced strategic changes to its brand leadership team to further align the Company’s organizational structure with its goal to drive sustained growth and pr

Andy Stuart, President of Norwegian Cruise line, and Jason Montague, President of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, will add the title of Chief Executive Officer to their expanded roles with their respective brands, effective immediately.

Full story...

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/09/19/872964/0/en/Norwegian-Cruise-Line-Holdings-Announces-Strategic-Changes-to-Brand-Leadership-Team.html

MIAMI, Sept. 19, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (Nasdaq:NCLH) (together with NCL Corporation Ltd., “Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings”, “Norwegian” or the “Company”) today announced strategic changes to its brand leadership team to further align the Company’s organizational structure with its goal to drive sustained growth and pr

Andy Stuart, President of Norwegian Cruise line, and Jason Montague, President of Regent Seven Seas Cruises, will add the title of Chief Executive Officer to their expanded roles with their respective brands, effective immediately.

Full story...

http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/09/19/872964/0/en/Norwegian-Cruise-Line-Holdings-Announces-Strategic-Changes-to-Brand-Leadership-Team.html

Great news :) I'm very happy to hear it!

Edited by SuiteCruiser

"All three will continue to report directly to the Company’s president and chief executive officer, Frank Del Rio." - Nothing more to see here. End thread. :(

Of course they will, the Chief Executive Officer reports to the Executive and the CEO of the holding company is a part of that.

There must be a reason for the change, so I hope it's a good one. Time will tell.

Of course they will, the Chief Executive Officer reports to the Executive and the CEO of the holding company is a part of that.

There must be a reason for the change, so I hope it's a good one. Time will tell.

Their stock tanked, so they did some internal moves, and will watch the price. If it goes up, crisis over, if it continues down then they may actually make some moves and people may loose their jobs.

"Del Rio Takes Home $31.9 Million" - Wow

I know I know , what does Del rio's compensation have to do with NCL corporate moves .

I don't know but $31.9 Million - Wow ! :eek:

Which is so much more than anyone else in the industry, you just have to ask yourself why?

It seems suspicious to me. I have no clue what he was bringing to the table that could possibly warrant such an inflated compensation package. It is not as if his track record in the industry is stellar.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Rochelle

Andy's been running NCL since O'Sheehan left, despite people here constantly complaining about FDR and all his decisions. This changes nothing, but hopefully gets him more money because I like the guy a lot.

Plus, he's the one who made the snap decision to forbid taking food back into the cabins after NCL implemented the room service fee, arguably the most unpopular change by NCL since O'Sheehan left. Why he has such a following here totally escapes me.

"Del Rio Takes Home $31.9 Million" - Wow

I know I know , what does Del rio's compensation have to do with NCL corporate moves .

I don't know but $31.9 Million - Wow ! :eek:

It is substantially less now that the stock has fallen in price. You have to dig into how executive compensation actually works, and why it works that way (here's a hint: in the 1990s the government decided that companies couldn't deduct more than XXXX in executive salary per executive so they switched to inflated stock grants to keep people in their jobs ... so instead of paying Del Rio something like 1.5 - 2 million, they pay him 31 million).

NCLH is a publicly traded company, perhaps the BOD are constraining FDR's day to day involvement with the individual business lines with this move? This may allow the CEO's of the individual brands to make decisions for the brand that DO NOT involve Mr DelFEEo - which would be a good thing for NCL!

Andy Stuart has been with the company for a long time and is very passionate about the brand and delivering an outstanding product. It's hard to tell how many of the changes post O'Sheehan were ones he wanted and could not implement before, or were forced on him by FDR. If it is the latter, and if the BOD is reigning in FDR's power with these moves then perhaps we may see some positive changes for consumers in the coming months! One can only hope!!!!!!!

NCLH is a publicly traded company, perhaps the BOD are constraining FDR's day to day involvement with the individual business lines with this move? This may allow the CEO's of the individual brands to make decisions for the brand that DO NOT involve Mr DelFEEo - which would be a good thing for NCL!

Andy Stuart has been with the company for a long time and is very passionate about the brand and delivering an outstanding product. It's hard to tell how many of the changes post O'Sheehan were ones he wanted and could not implement before, or were forced on him by FDR. If it is the latter, and if the BOD is reigning in FDR's power with these moves then perhaps we may see some positive changes for consumers in the coming months! One can only hope!!!!!!!

"Mr DelFEEo." That's funny and apropos. I must borrow it!

After listening to NCLH investor conference calls it is apparent to me Jack DelFEEo has been micromanaging NCL and consequently Andy Stuart's corporate role was to oversee and carryout Jack DelFEEo's edicts. Hopefully this new title for Stuart signals less DelFEEo and more customer friendly policies.

Fingers crossed!