Sushi Bar fleet wide?

villauk

You won't see me at "Bait on Five" as it was called by another poster -- too much possibility of cross contamination and I'm allergic to fish. I would eat at Bistro on Five at least once a cruise, so this customer goes from once to never. Sushi was available elsewhere for those who wanted it, but now a viable embarkation day choice is gone for me. There were so many other things they could have chosen -- what about really good Greek food, as an example? Homage to the line's Greek heritage? That can be made with frozen meat, whereas sushi really ought to be made with fresh fish, so I'm told.

Sushi/sashimi grade fish must be flash frozen at a very specific temp in order to kill parasites.

Just returned from the Baltics on the Silhouette. Bistro on 5 was still not Sushi and we dined there twice. They were changing to Sushi after the next itinerary. Wish they would keep it non-sushi. Having a crepe in the afternoon was very nice. People used the venue.

So you would assume by July it would be Sushi?

So you would assume by July it would be Sushi?

In another thread, someone currently onboard said that it was changing to sushi on the next cruise i.e. 7th June, so it would appear that by July Bo5 will have changed ;).

Celebrity decided a few months ago to convert the Bistro on 5 to the sushi bar fleet wide. The emptiness and lack of $$$ by bistro on 5 had to end. The Reflection was the pilot program and they said they were 4X as busy as bistro on 5 had ever been. Revenue trumps Crepes!

I ate there several times. Sushi was good, not excellent but I am an aficionado who seeks out great sushi around the world. Sushi is my thing. Unfortunately on our cruise the Tuna did not taste fresh so we complained and they took it off the bill. Everything else we ordered was quite good. We wish they would have a 1 price eat all, however we recognize that people makes pigs of themselves with the "I paid for it, I'm going to eat it" mentality. The Alacarte pricingwas fine for us. We ate there 4 lunch's out of 16 days it was a nice alternative.

Safe Sails to all!

Celebrity decided a few months ago to convert the Bistro on 5 to the sushi bar fleet wide. The emptiness and lack of $$$ by bistro on 5 had to end. The Reflection was the pilot program and they said they were 4X as busy as bistro on 5 had ever been. Revenue trumps Crepes!

I ate there several times. Sushi was good, not excellent but I am an aficionado who seeks out great sushi around the world. Sushi is my thing. Unfortunately on our cruise the Tuna did not taste fresh so we complained and they took it off the bill. Everything else we ordered was quite good. We wish they would have a 1 price eat all, however we recognize that people makes pigs of themselves with the "I paid for it, I'm going to eat it" mentality. The Alacarte pricingwas fine for us. We ate there 4 lunch's out of 16 days it was a nice alternative.

Safe Sails to all!

Yes, just the 3 at the moment (Reflection, Millie and Silhouette next week), but no doubt most will have changed by the end of the year.

Good to hear you enjoyed your visit :). Not our thing, so hoping Connie doesn't change before our summer sailing. Saying that, we'll probably try the new Concierge lunch on embarkation day and visit Bo5, if it's still there, later in the cruise.

That's too bad...two venues on some ships (-Bistro and Porch) devoted to fish. And both of them high priced.

dh is allergic to most fish and does not eat sushi, so we won't be going there..

Hoping Infinity is last to switch so we can do Bistro in Oct before the changes.,.They have really good "homemade" soups and we liked the mac and chesee, daily specials and the Cowboy,

I'm not allergic to fish, but I find it disgusting. If they seem insistent on serving bait at one place, it would be nice if they made the other place focused on something other than seafood.

But hey, no skin off my teeth. It's money in my pocket and away from Celebrity - not that my measley little amount for an extra pay restaurant will break them.

BO5 is not bad but certainly a waste of space everything they serve there can be served at the Porch.

Glad they are learning some lessons, i hope next to go are the lawn clubs and michaels club on edge ships; both consistently empty

We had 2 great meals in bistro on 5 last week with choices other than crepes. I don't eat seafood so not looking forward to the change. As the current 5 dining package includes bistro on 5 I wonder how we Ho about booking the 5 and trying to swap bistro for something else.

Love Bitro 5. But I'm excited to try out something different. Hopefully I can still find the crepes somewhere else on the ship.

There is crepes served at the suites restaurant everyday.:roll eyes:

You can't blame Celebrity change the restaurant menu to others as 95 % of them not supporting the present menu.

They have to try new things to cater for other customers needs.

Who knows they wanted to change to attract more Asian customers.

I can see from my recent cruise there were quiet a number of Asian cruisers onboard.(about 10%)

I have been on Celebrity more than 30 cruises,never step foot on Bistro on 5.

Hope this time I will after they change to Japanese restaurant.

Edited by iSailor

Glad they are learning some lessons, i hope next to go are the lawn clubs and michaels club on edge ships; both consistently empty

Well, the Lawn Club Grill was very busy on our cruise. And, we thought they had wonderful steaks. :)

And, you were in a suite and did not like Michael's Club because it was so uncrowded?

Edited by Texed

Well, the Lawn Club Grill was very busy on our cruise. And, we thought they had wonderful steaks. :)

And, you were in a suite and did not like Michael's Club because it was so uncrowded?

Ed,

We really enjoy the LCG too :).

After the trial on Reflection and now Millie's Bo5 changing to the Sushi Bar, it appears X are rolling out sushi fleet wide? Has anyone heard which ship will be next? I'm hoping it's not Connie, have a feeling it may be Solstice (only my opinion ;)). Anyone know?

Perhaps we can keep this thread updated as each ship changes (would stop the same question being asked frequently on various threads :))?

Due to the overwhelming success of the Sushi on Five pop-up restaurant on Celebrity Reflection, the decision has been made to make that restaurant permanent, and to roll out Sushi on Five in place of Bistro on Five on the remainder of our fleet.

Implementation will roll out across the fleet as follows (dates are subject to change):

Millennium 5/12/16; Silhouette 6/7/16; Solstice 7/1/16; Infinity 7/24/16; Equinox 8/6/16; Constellation 8/28/16; Eclipse 9/17/16; Summit 10/16/16.

All Sushi On five menu items will be priced individually as opposed to a cover charge.

Due to the overwhelming success of the Sushi on Five pop-up restaurant on Celebrity Reflection, the decision has been made to make that restaurant permanent, and to roll out Sushi on Five in place of Bistro on Five on the remainder of our fleet.

Implementation will roll out across the fleet as follows (dates are subject to change):

Millennium 5/12/16; Silhouette 6/7/16; Solstice 7/1/16; Infinity 7/24/16; Equinox 8/6/16; Constellation 8/28/16; Eclipse 9/17/16; Summit 10/16/16.

All Sushi On five menu items will be priced individually as opposed to a cover charge.

Thank you for confirming the roll out dates ;).

If you love sushi you will think this is great. If you don't you will not like the idea of a change. However, I don't think anyone can disagree with the fact that as a crepe restaurant, bistro on five was very underused, so it is understandable that celebrity wants to try something else

If you love sushi you will think this is great. If you don't you will not like the idea of a change. However, I don't think anyone can disagree with the fact that as a crepe restaurant, bistro on five was very underused, so it is understandable that celebrity wants to try something else

I'm just pleased the dates have confirmed that it won't change on Connie until after we have sailed on her ;). We had a great experience at Bo5 last April on Equinox, but then an awful one on the same ship in August :confused:. However, we did want to give it another try before it changes ;). I did think Solstice would be near the top of the list and it appears that she's next after Silhouette.

You won't see me at "Bait on Five" as it was called by another poster -- too much possibility of cross contamination and I'm allergic to fish. I would eat at Bistro on Five at least once a cruise, so this customer goes from once to never. Sushi was available elsewhere for those who wanted it, but now a viable embarkation day choice is gone for me. There were so many other things they could have chosen -- what about really good Greek food, as an example? Homage to the line's Greek heritage? That can be made with frozen meat, whereas sushi really ought to be made with fresh fish, so I'm told.

That's a fantastic idea! I love Greek food and rarely see it readily available on cruises.

Thanks ! Glad you liked the Greek restuarant idea. I suggested it, along with a few other ideas... on this post back in February : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49177739&postcount=66 . Personally, I feel that a Greek restaurant would have been a fantastic idea, especially with Celebrity's Greek history, which I also mentioned in the above post :)

I'm fine with the Sushi concept, as we love Sushi, and I look forward to trying it on our next cruise. With that said, I can totally understand that it's not for everyone, and I suspect the A la Carte pricing will turn many potential customers off.

If it's not busy ? Don't worry. Either they will find a way to make it busy (i.e. discounts) or, another dining concept will be sure to follow.

Edited by Host Andy

We're on Connie for the 8/28/16 so will be interested to give it a try. I don't suppose it will be covered by the unlimited speciallity dining perk:(

Hi Groryjm,

Good question. As your bill potential is unlimited at Sushi on Five, I highly doubt it will be included in the unlimited dining perk.

When you return home, please let us know. Enjoy your cruise !

Cheers for the information.:D

Thanks ! Glad you liked the Greek restuarant idea. I suggested it, along with a few other ideas... on this post back in February : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49177739&postcount=66 . Personally, I feel that a Greek restaurant would have been a fantastic idea, especially with Celebrity's Greek history, which I also mentioned in the above post :)

I'm fine with the Sushi concept, as we love Sushi, and I look forward to trying it on our next cruise. With that said, I can totally understand that it's not for everyone, and I suspect the A la Carte pricing will turn many potential customers off.

If it's not busy ? Don't worry. Either they will find a way to make it busy (i.e. discounts) or, another dining concept will be sure to follow.

I am not much fond of Sushi but I do like to try the Noodles Soap.

I can have that everyday if the price is right.

Edited by iSailor

Meh.

I like sushi, but that's not something that seems so terribly exotic. I'm not saying crepes are either, but it's harder for me to find a crepe-based restaurant than one that specializes in sushi and ramen. For a restaurant on land, those prices aren't crazy, but for whatever reason, a la carte pricing on a cruise feels wrong to me in a way that a flat fee doesn't.

My husband, who really dislikes fish, will not be pleased.