Can you prebook excursions and still get the $50 perk?

mal&jason

Hello...if we prebook and pay for an excursion (Epic, Sep 18, 2016), then do we still get a credit for the $50 per day shore excursion credit/perk?

Thanks!

Mallory

From the current terms and conditions for the promotion....

Shore Excursion Credit Offer:

$50 shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Limit 4 ports. Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

Itineraries visiting less than 4 ports for any reason are not eligible for a refund or credit.

In the event a port of call is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation and debarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

We have the excursion credit for our repo cruise out of Boston in October. One stop is Grand Cayman Since Grand Cayman is often missed because of weather issues I guess that would not be a good place to use the credit.

Isn't it $50 per port, so if you don't use it there then you lose it. If you don't get to the port then you won't be charged for any excursions booked, so the possibility of missing the port shouldn't effect whether you book one there or not.

Isn't it $50 per port, so if you don't use it there then you lose it. If you don't get to the port then you won't be charged for any excursions booked, so the possibility of missing the port shouldn't effect whether you book one there or not.

I just thought I wouldn't want to use the credit there. I realize they will refund the excursion price.

You have to call to do it. No upfront payment is required. The excursion will be charged to your onboard account, along with whatever credit is due.

NCL Shorex - 866-625-1167

This is good to know. I was just looking at show excursions for my upcoming cruise, and was afraid I'd have to pay when I book them. I'll probably call and book them today. Thanks!

This is good to know. I was just looking at show excursions for my upcoming cruise, and was afraid I'd have to pay when I book them. I'll probably call and book them today. Thanks!

Did you mean "some excursions" as opposed to "show excursions?" Probably a typo but wanted to clarify what you meant.... the for-fee shows on board are not part of the credit

another tip about the excursion credit.... if you have multiple people in the cabin, you may split the promo credit based on the number of credit cards authorized for the room... So, if you are travelling with another couple (as the 3 & 4 person free) then have the other couple use their credit card at check in as well..... then the promo credit can be divided in two

Bermuda: you are given $150 but it is $50 per DAY ..... you can't do a morning excursion and then an afternoon excursion (which is logistically feasable) and expect that to would receive two $50 credits..... NCL screws you on that in Bermuda..... nor can you use all $150 on one big excursion

Edited by esm54687

Did you mean "some excursions" as opposed to "show excursions?" Probably a typo but wanted to clarify what you meant.... the for-fee shows on board are not part of the credit

I meant "shore excursions." It was a typo.

I meant shore excursions. It was a typo.

You have to call to do it. No upfront payment is required. The excursion will be charged to your onboard account, along with whatever credit is due.

NCL Shorex - 866-625-1167

Thank you. I did just that this afternoon to book an excursion for a cruise we have in January. It was confirmed by email as soon as I got off the phone.

I have seen some posts that stated they booked & paid for their excursion online. Once on the ship and the excursion was taken the $50 was credited to their statement. Can anyone confirm this?

Since this isn't what the Terms & Conditions for this promo state, I wouldn't chance this even if someone said they did it. Perhaps they had a different promo, whatever. And if you did try this, and didn't get the credit on board, what recourse would you have, given the Terms & Conditions?

The T&C say this:

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Hello...if we prebook and pay for an excursion (Epic, Sep 18, 2016), then do we still get a credit for the $50 per day shore excursion credit/perk?

Thanks!

Mallory

I just booked ours !ast weekend. The promotion is an OBC so excursions must be paid for onboard. You can book ahead, just call and ask to be connected to the shore excursions desk. You will be able to reserve and they will provide a total so you can budget.

If you really want to pre pay just buy OBC to cover the cost and your account will settle onboard.

Edited by Nola26

Is it for every port or only a specific number? I thought the maximum was $200 so 4 ports only.

Except on Bermuda trips of course.

Yes, you're correct...up to 4 ports.

I think the old shorex credit promo didn't have that limitation... not sure.

Just off the Dawn (last week) ...shore exc credit applied on last sea day...

also we booked city tour of New Orleans but later found out embark/debark

ports not covered in the shore exc promo. Oopsy!!!

Next time I'll read the "fine print" more closely.

Otherwise, cruise was great time w/ great weather....

This is the letter we received in our stateroom from ShoreEx on our recent cruise.

Welcome onboard the beautiful Norwegian Escape. Based on your cruise booking you are entitled to a $50.00 credit per port day (port days cannot be combined) per stateroom towards any shore excursions of your choice. This promotion does not include embarkation or debarkation ports.

If the value of the excursion booked is less than $50.00 you will be credited for the actual amount spent. Shore excursion credit has no monetary value, is non-refundable and is not transferable. This is a use it or lose it credit and cannot be combined with any other promotions. In the event a tour is cancelled or a port of call is missed, for any reason , no refund or credit will be issued. Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, and is not transferable to other ports. This promotion does not include embarkation and debarkation ports.

If you have any questions please feel free to stop by the Shore Excursion Desk located on Deck 6 in the main atrium .

Have a wonderful time ashore on us.

Your Shore Excursion Team

Edited by BirdTravels

The amount of the credit and the number of applicable ports was $75 and 7 when I booked in April 2015 for a trip this September. I confirmed this yesterday when I called to book the 2 ship excursions we want to take.

I usually would rather just book on line, but the woman I spoke to in Shore Ex was really helpful and not only clarified the promo but answered some questions I had.

Oh and to clarify - we paid nothing now. The shore excursions will be charged to our on-board account and that's when we'll get the credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk