Anthem - Disembark

artvlay

Here is a link to As You Depart information for a Anthem 7:00 am arrival at Cape Liberty.

Link to post for all Daily Planners for a 9 Night Canada and New England Cruise

- link to full review.

Thank you for that information, but I wanted to find out what time the ship has been getting in recently and discharging passengers. I have plans to meet someone after the cruise and trying to figure logistics out. I thought that with the ship departing at 3pm, they would get people off earlier than traditional sailings

Thank you for that information, but I wanted to find out what time the ship has been getting in recently and discharging passengers. I have plans to meet someone after the cruise and trying to figure logistics out. I thought that with the ship departing at 3pm, they would get people off earlier than traditional sailings

For my cruise last month it was 1 hour earlier than the link provided. 6am start, all off by 9am (although we were delayed until 930)

It all depend on arrival time. Do not think they can get people off faster than the provided schedule. However 6 am arrival the schedule will start one hour earlier.

http://Http://mogenshallas.com cruise reviews

from my iPad using Forums

We are scheduled to come in at 6am, I am on same sailing, so I would expect that you can get off earlier than the linked schedule. We sailed Anthem in September, we arrived at 7 and we were off around 8:30. We had group 11, I think.

Weather is going to be the wildcard though. We could come in early to beat a storm or late if we get stuck in a storm. Hoping, we come in just on schedule and smooth seas.:D

If you are going to put your bags out the night before, I would suggest getting a porter once you get in the terminal. They are the best at that port! Our guy got our bags and then they totally bypass the customs line and bring you right to the front. Once you clear customs, they will bring you all the way to the pickup area on the ground level of the garage and wait to load the car for you. My DH had gone ahead to pay at the kiosk and bring the car down. I can't remember the name of the guy we used, but he was the nicest porter I have ever met and earned himself a very nice tip. We will be looking for him again when we get off the ship.:)

However 6 am arrival the schedule will start one hour earlier.

Not necessarily, disembarkation at the final port depends not only on ship/RCI but things being place in the terminal. So the ship could come in at 4AM, but without customs/immigration in place, you still can't leave the ship till about 7:30AM (the normal time - scheduled arrival+30min).

Any time to get a sandwich to bring to the airport?

From the ship, No. I remember a time in San Juan, we decided to take a ham sandwiches from the ship for our flights. As we approached Customs/Security, the German Sheperd that they use to smell for drugs picked up the scent from our bag. The Custom agent thought he had a couple of smugglers, but was terribly disappointed when he discovered ham sandwiches. LOL

ive only cruised on sundays. in and out of NYC was a breeze

leaving on thursday and back on a friday. something tells me will be a bit differerent. normally 2 hours from where i am in PA to NYC. should i add 1 hour or more?

regarding disembark. i'm assuming better off waiting until last off to head back 78W through NJ?

From the ship, No. I remember a time in San Juan, we decided to take a ham sandwiches from the ship for our flights. As we approached Customs/Security, the German Sheperd that they use to smell for drugs picked up the scent from our bag. The Custom agent thought he had a couple of smugglers, but was terribly disappointed when he discovered ham sandwiches. LOL

Share one with the hard working doggie?

OK. If bringing a snack with us to the airport is not a good idea, is it reduced service in the dining areas on disembarkation day?

Would I be able to just take a last good breakfast meal at the Main Dining Rooms or take it easy at the Windjammer until they just shoo us off the boat?

Question about the other end of the process... How late can we safely get to the port for embarkation?

I'm seeing sail away is 4pm, so I'm guessing... 2pm?

I'm coming from NCL where I'm used to being first in line for Vibe passes. I understand there is no such thing on Royal.

If sail away is 4pm, they usually require you to be checked-in 90 minutes in advance, so 2:30pm. Shooting for 2pm in an area where traffic can be very bad strikes me as not enough leeway.

If sail away is 4pm, they usually require you to be checked-in 90 minutes in advance, so 2:30pm. Shooting for 2pm in an area where traffic can be very bad strikes me as not enough leeway.

Absolutely correct for the Anthem. The earlier the better. When I sailed in Feb, I arrived at 10:30, spent sometime chatting with the taxi dispatcher, went through security, sat in a waiting area for the folks with the iPads to come by and check me in, and walked on the ship by 11:30. Went directly to the 270 on deck 5 to grab some lunch and hang out in that area until the rooms were ready at 1 pm. If I had had any loose ends with my various reservations, I would have used that time to resolve them. If you're new to the ship, you can also get lunch in the Solarium Bistro on deck 14, food at the Cafe Promenade/Sorrentos on deck 4 or a hot dog, coleslaw, and potato salad at the Seaplex Dog House on deck 15. Absolutely no reason to set foot in the chaos of the Windjammer on Day 1.