Changes to availability of completing the online check-in

lizardhowson

As of this morning, I notice I can no longer access my online check-in for a cruise that is about 16 months away.

In all the fields where I could previously open the online check-in, it now says "available Sept 12, 2018" (which is about a year before the date of the cruise).

Anyone else notice this change ?

56185116_ScreenShot2018-04-25at11_22_24AM.png.524ecce96c5cff45a1db606c06b7856f.png

I never fill anything out until after final payment so have no idea how far in advance one could start doing the forms.

No need or advantage to filling stuff in early.

Previously you could complete the online check-in as soon as the cruise was booked and showed up in your online account.

Yes my Christmas 2019 cruise now says “available December 18, 2018” next to the on line check in prompt.

Our next cruise likewise shows online check-in starting a year ahead of sail date. Wonder why the change? :confused:

Same here. This change must have been rather recent, because when I booked the cruise (about 2months ago) this field was available.

As far as I know, the change occurred overnight :confused:

I was able to open the online check-in yesterday.

I have a cruise for Nov.30,2019 and it let me do all check-in but you can't select any excursions yet and you can't print out any passes because it is not paid in full.

Just a question: had you completed your check-in a week or more ago, which would be prior to when it appears Carnival made this "one year out" change to the online check-in?

For our cruise in December of this year it states check in will not be available until September 2, 2018. That's only 3 months out, not a year. For our December 2019 cruise it is the same, check in available in September, 3 months out.

Looks like it has changed to 90 days pre-cruise. My November 2018 cruise now lists check-in available 19 Aug 2018. I guess this means you can't select a port check-in time until then. If you are not P or D this would be a big issue for planning purposes as you would not be able to pre-book private transfers to the port until 90 days out. Another cutback by Carnival!!! With limited transfer times for popular transportation companies this would be a big disappointment and probably a cost increase as you might not be able to use the transportation company you want. Thanks Carnival for taking more away from us!

• Online Check-In (Available Aug 19, 2018)

This made me curious about my December cruise. But I found that Online Check In is still available as of now. I had completed it when I booked a couple of months ago. I will continue to check constantly with what has happened to others.

Looks like it has changed to 90 days pre-cruise. My November 2018 cruise now lists check-in available 19 Aug 2018. I guess this means you can't select a port check-in time until then. If you are not P or D this would be a big issue for planning purposes as you would not be able to pre-book private transfers to the port until 90 days out. Another cutback by Carnival!!! With limited transfer times for popular transportation companies this would be a big disappointment and probably a cost increase as you might not be able to use the transportation company you want. Thanks Carnival for taking more away from us!

I highly doubt its "a cutback by carnival"...most likely a homeland security issue as stated previously.

Think about it...what would the cutback be? How would that save any money for carnival? You sound like you are willing to jump on any news to bash carnival here...maybe a different cruise line would be better for you

The same range of check-in times and number of slots for each will still be available. It might hinder making transportation plans for those who feel compelled to book everything a year ahead, but I also don't see how this could be called another cutback.

I never fill anything out until after final payment so have no idea how far in advance one could start doing the forms.

No need or advantage to filling stuff in early.

I fill them out at booking. Only thing missing is flights, but I fly in a day or two prior to cruise, so it doesn’t really matter.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I fill them out at booking.

Probably not any longer ...

For our cruise in December of this year it states check in will not be available until September 2, 2018. That's only 3 months out, not a year. For our December 2019 cruise it is the same, check in available in September, 3 months out.

If you read the thread & replies, you will see for many people's cruises, Carnival first changed it to 12 months out, then in the last 24 hours amended it to 3 months out. Carnival also just added the 3 months out time frame to their FAQ section.

Same with ours. It had been a year (360 days actually) for the last several days and now it's 90 days (same as final payment date, interestingly enough). Makes you wonder if it will change again. :confused:

I highly doubt its "a cutback by carnival"...most likely a homeland security issue as stated previously.

Think about it...what would the cutback be? How would that save any money for carnival? You sound like you are willing to jump on any news to bash carnival here...maybe a different cruise line would be better for you

"Cutback" seems to have become the go-to knee-jerk reaction lately for just about everything Carnival does.

Probably not any longer ...

If you read the thread & replies, you will see for many people's cruises, Carnival first changed it to 12 months out, then in the last 24 hours amended it to 3 months out. Carnival also just added the 3 months out time frame to their FAQ section.

Wow! Not only is my March 2019 check in filled out, but my April 2020is also. They must have just changed this. I wonder why? I’ve filled it out for all cruise lines at time of booking.