Single Supplement

Peachypooh

We are booked on the Jade in January and it looks like this particular sailing has a lot of cabins left. Someone wants to go with us and since there are no solo cabins they have opted to just get an inside or balcony near us. Does Norwegian ever waive the single supplement and if yes how close to sailing? This person is willing to wait until a month beforehand and do it last minute but if they don't ever waive it they would like to just pick a cabin now. Thanks.

You can search for which cruises have the solo discount for the jade cruises now and that could give you an idea of when they might start showing up. Though how busy the season is will have a lot to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you both for the information!

As someone who cruises solo on a regular basis. They do waive to solo supplement all the time and on January cruises it may start going down but not totally waived around Thanksgiving after final payment. But it will be TBA so they would not be able to choose a cabin location. But if they can wait they will likely find a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who cruises solo on a regular basis. They do waive to solo supplement all the time and on January cruises it may start going down but not totally waived around Thanksgiving after final payment. But it will be TBA so they would not be able to choose a cabin location. But if they can wait they will likely find a deal

Thanks! Very helpful.

You can search for which cruises have the solo discount for the jade cruises now and that could give you an idea of when they might start showing up. Though how busy the season is will have a lot to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good idea! Thanks.

I did a mock booking on NCL site for a cruise in November for my sister who is sailing solo. The total price was $560 more than the senior travel agency I booked through plus the TA offered an additional $200 OBC in addition to the $100 offered by NCL promo.

And actually I just noticed that the $100 promo is multiplied by 2. (2 x Free $100 On-Board Credit Certificate Non-Refundable).

Hi! Solo NCL cruiser here- let me make this much more simple for you. Follow these steps:

ncl.com

find a vacation (expand the advanced search button)

left side- if you have a specific ship or port you want to depart from, click those.

right side- pick your date range.

change number of passengers to 1.

click "view results" (yellow at the bottom)

that search will show the cruises departing out of the port you choose on the dates you choose and the price for one person to travel. I check it on a daily basis with my coffee when I am looking for something specific. When the price reaches what she wants to pay, book it. Most often it will be a "X" room or guaranty. This means whatever class she wants to travel in, she agrees tp let the cruise line choose her room in exchange for a cheap price. Often this does not have freebies with it, but as a solo, it can be lesse xpensive to buy your own drinks anyway.

Hope this helps

We are booked on the Jade in January and it looks like this particular sailing has a lot of cabins left. Someone wants to go with us and since there are no solo cabins they have opted to just get an inside or balcony near us. Does Norwegian ever waive the single supplement and if yes how close to sailing? This person is willing to wait until a month beforehand and do it last minute but if they don't ever waive it they would like to just pick a cabin now. Thanks.

No, they do not waive the solo supplement. I booked my 2017 cruise in about the 60 days to the sail date. I had to pay the solo supplement. On NCL is typically the full 200% cruise fare.

Some MSC sailings do not charge the full 200% cruise fare for solo cruisers.

Also, the solo cruiser only pays 1 gratuity and 1 tax/port fees/charges. Just fyi.

We are booked on the Jade in January and it looks like this particular sailing has a lot of cabins left.

That's 190 days from today. Almost 6 months out.

Anything is possible but a decently priced mid January Caribbean cruise sailing from PortMiami at the height of the Florida winter tourist season is unlikely to have a "distress sale" waived solo supplement show up anytime soon.

No, they do not waive the solo supplement. I booked my 2017 cruise in about the 60 days to the sail date. I had to pay the solo supplement. On NCL is typically the full 200% cruise fare.

That's wrong. It is waived, but not for every cruise. On some cruises, it appears as a discount well in advance, and others appears at the last minute or not at all. To be honest, if you're American it's best to just book a cruise you like and see if you can rebook if a better deal comes along (different t&C for UK).

Hi! Solo NCL cruiser here- let me make this much more simple for you. Follow these steps:

ncl.com

find a vacation (expand the advanced search button)

left side- if you have a specific ship or port you want to depart from, click those.

right side- pick your date range.

change number of passengers to 1.

click "view results" (yellow at the bottom)

that search will show the cruises departing out of the port you choose on the dates you choose and the price for one person to travel. I check it on a daily basis with my coffee when I am looking for something specific. When the price reaches what she wants to pay, book it. Most often it will be a "X" room or guaranty. This means whatever class she wants to travel in, she agrees tp let the cruise line choose her room in exchange for a cheap price. Often this does not have freebies with it, but as a solo, it can be lesse xpensive to buy your own drinks anyway.

Hope this helps

I montior it the same way. I would just note with the X room or guaranty rooms they often don't include the perks, so depending on what level you were choosing sometimes it makes more sense to just pick a cabin.

Some MSC sailings do not charge the full 200% cruise fare for solo cruisers.

Also, the solo cruiser only pays 1 gratuity and 1 tax/port fees/charges. Just fyi.

On many occasions they do I have sailed in January every year for the last 4 and have not paid over about 30% supplement any of them

We are booked on the Jade in January and it looks like this particular sailing has a lot of cabins left. Someone wants to go with us and since there are no solo cabins they have opted to just get an inside or balcony near us.

Does Norwegian ever waive the single supplement and if yes how close to sailing?

This person is willing to wait until a month beforehand and do it last minute but if they don't ever waive it they would like to just pick a cabin now. Thanks.

expect 50% to 0% single supplement 1 week out.

sometimes 50% 2-3 weeks out.

check everyday!

set that Jade page as one of your homepages.

Rarely, sometimes they do have a lower supplement rate but they are only on some cruises. Its a crap shoot.

if you want cabins near each other then book now.

If it doesn't matter too much wait and see.

yeah, my mom wanted her adult niece to come along AND be close to her cabin.

so paid $2k for inside cabin for her.

i looked up that ship and cruises 1 week out on same interinery have 0% supplement.

$675 for solo in Inside GTY.

but they're not going to take it because they wanted to be close to each other. :rolleyes:

sigh......... paying $1325 extra instead 5-10 min walk between cabins.

yeah, my mom wanted her adult niece to come along AND be close to her cabin.

so paid $2k for inside cabin for her.

i looked up that ship and cruises 1 week out on same interinery have 0% supplement.

$675 for solo in Inside GTY.

but they're not going to take it because they wanted to be close to each other. :rolleyes:

sigh......... paying $1325 extra instead 5-10 min walk between cabins.

I sail often with family members in different cabins and just ask the t/a to make sure reservations are "linked", and every time the cabins are next to each other or in same hallway and just stick my head outside cabin to see the others. Remember the cruise line doesn't want you to come back on this board complaining about something as simple as that, easily within their purview to make good.(hope i'm not jinxing myself.)

I sail often with family members in different cabins and just ask the t/a to make sure reservations are "linked", and every time the cabins are next to each other or in same hallway and just stick my head outside cabin to see the others.

Remember the cruise line doesn't want you to come back on this board complaining about something as simple as that, easily within their purview to make good.(hope i'm not jinxing myself.)

yes, thats that my mom and niece did. cabins close to one another.

but with no solo supplement GTY rooms, it's random where your room will be assigned.

yes, thats that my mom and niece did. cabins close to one another.

but with no solo supplement GTY rooms, it's random where your room will be assigned.

I was not travelling solo but was doing GTY room each time, no problems.