O'Sheehan versus Cagney's

zitsky

I'm on the Sun 12/2018 and I see they have Cagney's steakhouse. Most people on here seem to really like O'Sheehan's. I wonder how the two of them compare? Is Cagney's dinner only, or do they serve lunch? Does Cagney's take reservations?

I have no been on the Sun but in other NCL ships they are nothing alike.

O Sheehan’s is a open 24 hour pub. It has free food but it is mostly bar type food. Pretty good in general.

Carney’s is a high end steak house. Something like a Ruth Chris in theory on the Escape it was very good but years ago on the Pearl it was not so great. Food is up charged by what you get. The Filet is excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hopefully, there will be some major changes in the Sun dining options after the 2018 dry dock.

As noted, Cagney’s is a specialty and the Sports Bar is complimentary. Both are only open at night.

Moving or eliminating Moderno would make room for an expanded space for an O’Sheehan’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see they have Cagney's steakhouse. Most people on here seem to really like O'Sheehan's.

Cagney's: Specialty and so you have to pay, great ambiance, French food.

O'Sheehan's: Tries to be a pub, not totally successful. Free food generally more simple. Great for a meal when you want to sit down and be served and there are no "real" restaurants open.

I'm on the Sun 12/2018 and I see they have Cagney's steakhouse. Most people on here seem to really like O'Sheehan's. I wonder how the two of them compare? Is Cagney's dinner only, or do they serve lunch? Does Cagney's take reservations?

Cagney's is an upscale, sur charge restaurant and yes they take reservations. In fact you probably would have trouble getting seated without reservations. It is very good. probably one of, if not the most popular of all the dining choices on the Sun. O'Sheehan's is a diner or pub type of restaurant. They do have breakfast but it is a very limited menu: ok if you are in a hurry.The lunch and dinner menus are the same except for nightly specials. it is great for what it is, but not on the same level as Cagney's. Oh, no Cagney's isn't open for lunch, only dinner on most of the ships. The larger ones like Breakaway they do serve a limited buffet type of lunch.

I was about to make a similar comment. This also goes for the comment that both Cagney's and O'Sheehan's are only open for dinner. O'sheehan's is open 24 hours.

Currently, there is no O’Sheehan’s on the Sun. Only the Sports Bar that serves pub style food starting at 5:00 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

odd comparisoin to ask.

osheehans is a semi-24/7 pub. i say semi, because there isnt a full menu after midnight. Cagney's (not Carneys) is a specialty for fee Steak House (not french food, that's LeBistro).

osheehans is good late night when you are drunk, thats' about it. never had a good meal there sober on any NCL ship. people rave abotu their wings, but for some reason tehy are breaded which is gross. wings are meant to be crispy, not breaded.

I would try both...for different reasons. Cagney's for an upscale quiet dinner. O'Sheehan's for quick sports bar type food at any time of the day who has specialties that everyone seems to love...like their chicken wings and hotdogs. I've been to Cagney's several times and it was very good. Never been to O'Sheehan's yet, will try it this Jan on the Breakaway but the reviews mostly sound positive.

We love O'Sheehans. No, it's not gourmet,mostly comfort food and bar food. Great place to have lunch and avoid the crowd in the buffet. We enjoyed the great food at Cagney's when we've eaten there....speciality restaurant versus an included food venue at O'Sheehans.

My mistake. Wasn't reading carefully enough. Makes me want to try out Cagney's.

If you are looking for a traditional steak dinner you won't be disappointed. It is not complimentary though, you can pay a la carte or it is part of the dining package.

O'Sheehans on the other hand is complimentary but as I said it is what most consider 'bar foods' other than some dinner specials they run.

OSheehan's is great for lunch and informal dinners. In fact, luncheonette could be an apt description. Cagney's is more of a steakhouse dinner atmosphere. Reading the menus can give you a sense of the different ambiences. OSheehan's will offer some dinner specials, but IMO, those do not approach the quality you get in Cagney's.

Enjoy your dining and your cruise.