NCL Sun Water leak next door, would you move?

zitsky

Don't know how old the review is, need to find it again. Yes, could be fixed now or at 2018 drydock. Thanks for your comments.

if your are talking a cruise booked for after dry dock I don't think I would even worry about it, but if you are talking about a review done a week ago, by someone just off the ship and you are sailing in a few weeks, probably I would want another cabin. Obviously you are talking about a cruise way in the distance. On the other hand if you are really concerned and can change cabins with no price increase you might as well try to get another cabin.

On one cruise, had plumbing under the tub begin leaking and draining all over the bathroom floor (where it ran down the in floor drain). Told the room steward about it. Ship's plumber came along, spent several hours repairing it. Problem fixed. I will assume that any leak or issue that gets reported, then gets fixed. Had an SF suite recently. Opened one of the cabinet doors and the door dropped off onto my foot...ouch. I assume the previous guests' kids swung on the door because the hinges were both broken. My assumption was they just stuck it back in place. I told the cabin steward. A repair person arrived shortly and replaced the hinges. I'm guessing every room has a maintenance problem of some type occasionally. But, if they get reported, they do get fixed.

Never mind the date of the review or the date of the leak or the date of the Dry dock.

According to the OP's signature they are not going for 360 days!!!

That might alter ones opinion?

Yes, you think they would fix the problem by then and/or it wouldn't be an issue for neighboring cabins. I just don't want to walk into my cabin and find a musty or moldy smell.

Here's the review, posted in November 2017.

It seems one simple solution would be to place a towel where that bathroom meets the carpet. Of course the first thing to do is call engineering.

I had a problem on my first Viking cruise where water would leak from the shower to bathroom floor. But once an engineer fixed the piece of plastic under the door, the problem was gone.

Cabin BA 10035

This cabin has a horrid smell in the carpet. The bathroom plumbing is bad. When we had showers the water would leak out the door and on to the carpet making a foul moldy smell. Their remedy was using a blower and pouring perfumes onto the carpet which gave us serious headaches. We ended up telling them to stop and we just took allergy medication and Tylenol to get through the rest of the cruise.

Why waste energy even thinking about this, let alone posting? You have a whole year before you even sail.

Why, why, why??? I'm spending good money on this trip. I don't want problems *if* I can avoid them.

Anyway, looks like my TA is going to move me to another cabin.

Why, why, why??? I'm spending good money on this trip. I don't want problems *if* I can avoid them.

Anyway, looks like my TA is going to move me to another cabin.

Maybe the cabin you get moved to will have some kind of a problem a year from now and the old cabin will be just fine. :confused: