Any discounts or promo codes for shore excursions?

LongHill44

When we booked this itinerary we received a brief sale of 10% off (I think) for a bundle of 3 excursions. Since we didn't plan on doing a paid excursion at each port (really at any of these ports this time) I mostly ignored it. Pretty sure you had to pick one at each stop though, and couldn't get the discount with just one.

I am not familiar with any promo codes for excursions but when I do book them I plan on getting another gift card through AARP to pay for the excursions. Saving 10% on the cost of the gift card is the same as saving 10% on the excursion I am paying for with the card. It's at least something!

Something that I have always wondered, and I didn't feel like starting a new thread just to ask it...... Why do people call it Grand Turks? So many people add an "s" to Turk. I know it's Turks and Caicos Islands, but the place you're visiting is Grand Turk. I've always pondered where people adopted the s from?

Is there any discount to booking before we leave port?

We are hitting Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Thanks for any input

I'm not sure about the ports of call you have listed, but we have seen and been able to take advantage of discounts at other ports. St. Thomas and LaRomana were a couple of them. I should mention , however, that these were with independent tour operators. If you a have a group of "X" number of people to book the excursion, and submit a code (usually the group organizer's name), you get a discount of 10% (or more) per person.

Is there any discount to booking before we leave port?

We are hitting Grand Turks, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Thanks for any input

Grand Turk...go to pool at Margaritaville and beach next to ship. HMC...beautiful beach day. Freeport...Beautiful stay on ship day. Excursion money spent....zero.

We did the Kayak excursion through Carnival on our last (and first) visit to Freeport. We found it to be one of our favorite excursions ever. The vehicle we took was well maintained and roads were not bad - they do drive on the left, so you may want a driver versus renting a car. While it is an industrial port and town, the island has a lot to offer.

Our September cruise was a bit of an impulse and we are trying to keep a tighter budget, so no excursions. It looks like there is a nice little shopping area inside the port (plus Senor Frog), so I think we can easily spend a relaxing few hours looking around (and it didn't have the pushy feel of Nassau). Our time in Freeport for was limited so we didn't have time to shop.

• 3 months later...
Grand Turk...go to pool at Margaritaville and beach next to ship. HMC...beautiful beach day. Freeport...Beautiful stay on ship day. Excursion money spent....zero.

I would agree. If you want a different bar at GT walk down the beach to Jacks Shack. No reason to do an excursion here.

" they do drive on the left, so you may want a driver versus renting a car" lived on and off in St.Thomas for years. It's very easy to drive on the left, not rocket science

We stay on the ship in GT. We have Cheers, swimming pools, slides, empty Serenity area, and as much food as you like.