Charge introduced for Solarium Bistro

The_Big_M

on the Anthem in December and each time it was listed as complimentary.

Same here.... booked two nights in Solarium Bistro on Anthem for December 9 sailing and it is complimentary on both dates.

Are they charging on some ships and not others?

Same here.... booked two nights in Solarium Bistro on Anthem for December 9 sailing and it is complimentary on both dates.

Are they charging on some ships and not others?

It has been complimentary for dinner on Anthem and Harmony while they have been charging for dinner on Oasis.

Free for breakfast and lunch on Anthem, Harmony, Oasis and Allure.

On Allure in the evenings it turns into Samba a fee restaurant.

It has been complimentary for dinner on Anthem and Harmony while they have been charging for dinner on Oasis.

Free for breakfast and lunch on Anthem, Harmony, Oasis and Allure.

On Allure in the evenings it turns into Samba a fee restaurant.

That's interesting, but confusion causing. Thanks for the clarification.

If the Solarium Bistro is now free for dinner, that is new. I was on the Oasis in Feb 2015, and we enjoyed the Solarium Bistro for breakfast and lunch, but there was a fee for dinner, so we always ate dinner in the MDR. Perhaps they wanted to offer another complimentary choice for the dinner time.

If the Solarium Bistro is now free for dinner, that is new. I was on the Oasis in Feb 2015, and we enjoyed the Solarium Bistro for breakfast and lunch, but there was a fee for dinner, so we always ate dinner in the MDR. Perhaps they wanted to offer another complimentary choice for the dinner time.

The Solarium Bistro was $15pp for us in Sep 2015. However, from what I've seen, the menu for the "free" dinner has been reduced from what we experienced. I did not see the Bison Steak entree on the free menu.

The Solarium Bistro was $15pp for us in Sep 2015. However, from what I've seen, the menu for the "free" dinner has been reduced from what we experienced. I did not see the Bison Steak entree on the free menu.

I read in another post that the bison has been removed from the pay menu on Oasis as well.

We are on Harmony right now and went here for dinner, which was free. Personally, I think the main Dining room has more choices and tastes just as good as the Solarium.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How was the ambiance heisnuts? Was that worth it to eat under the stars? Were the apps and desserts any good since they are served buffet style? Was it crowded?

How was the ambiance heisnuts? Was that worth it to eat under the stars? Were the apps and desserts any good since they are served buffet style? Was it crowded?

It was not crowded for dinner, and although it was a little nicer set than at breakfast and lunch, not by much. Keep in mind that the seating on the Harmony is all inside so unless you are right against a window and looking up, you will not be seeing the stars.

The buffet thing was a little weird too. You go up yourself to get the appetizers and deserts, but the main course is served by wait staff. Again, I thought the food in he main dining room was as good if not better, and there is a lot more choices in the main dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Solarium on Anthem cruise planner for February 26 2017 sailing still shows it as free.

Fingers crossed it doesn't change before then. Not the best timing to start charging, with all the confusion and anger regarding the removal of Dynamic Dining. But what do I know. :rolleyes: