Do you like Mrs Simona Ferraiuolo as CD?

mcatmcat

Hi[emoji847]

was wondering what’s you opinion on her, she is currently onboard Independence of the seas [emoji570]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sailed with her...................almost five years ago. Things change. People grow. But back then, she was "meh", IMO.

Hi[emoji847]

was wondering what’s you opinion on her, she is currently onboard Independence of the seas [emoji570]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I met Simona first time this past fall on Jewel in the Med. She's from Naples and speaks many languages fluently.

She was totally at home and perfect for Rome embarkation, built a big fan base on the ship and had everyone saying "Ciao Bella" before all shows. She speaks English with a heavy (heavier) Italian accent so perhaps I can see her struggling and not being in her element her in North American sailings. I thought she did an excellent job for my sailings in the Med.

Sailed with her...................almost five years ago. Things change. People grow. But back then, she was "meh", IMO.

Us too...she was nice enough when we chatted with her in the Schooner Bar one day before trivia, but I don't remember her enough as a CD if that tells you anything :D (Although that could be a good thing, because it could be that I remember them for being a horrible CD.)

Us too...she was nice enough when we chatted with her in the Schooner Bar one day before trivia, but I don't remember her enough as a CD if that tells you anything :D (Although that could be a good thing, because it could be that I remember them for being a horrible CD.)

We've been able to meet and talk with her more personally, too. She's a very nice person.

And think she does a good job as CD.

I have never sailed with Simona, but it seems that Simona is perfectly suited to the Med sailings. As no ships are in the Med between November and April, Simona probably got sent to the Indy out of FLL as that was where she was needed over the winter. Hopefully you will have fun with her. Not seen any consistently bad reviews of her.

BTW - I don't think she is married, so wouldn't be known as "Mrs".

I have never sailed with Simona, but it seems that Simona is perfectly suited to the Med sailings. As no ships are in the Med between November and April, Simona probably got sent to the Indy out of FLL as that was where she was needed over the winter. Hopefully you will have fun with her. Not seen any consistently bad reviews of her.

She used to sail out of San Juan, as we've sailed with her both on the Jewel and the Adventure. I think 2 on the Adventure, one on the Jewel.

She used to sail out of San Juan, as we've sailed with her both on the Jewel and the Adventure. I think 2 on the Adventure, one on the Jewel.

She was on Adventure out of San Juan over the holiday season, but AD went into dry dock in January and there was a vacancy on Indy after Marc Walker moved to Harmony.

We had her a year ago and I was disappointed. She began every show proudly speaking in several languages. And that was it. No jokes or much of a personality. Never ever saw her anywhere else on the ship.

Linda

Was it an itinerary speaking more than one language? If so, then it may have been necessary.

Joe12,

It was a Southern Cruise out of San Juan on Adventure.

Linda

She would definitely needed to utilize her Spanish on that itinerary. Maybe there were many other people who did not speak English as their first language, which meant that she would be needed for her language skills.

She would definitely needed to utilize her Spanish on that itinerary. Maybe there were many other people who did not speak English as their first language, which meant that she would be needed for her language skills.

I've been on flights like this too - a domestic US flight where there were a significant number of people connecting on to Spanish and Portuguese language destinations. The flight attendant announced all connecting gate info for Spanish-speaking and Portuguese-speaking locations in both English and Spanish/Portuguese (for example, Spanish for Guadalajara Bogota, and Portuguese for Sao Paulo). I thought it was pretty impressive and I am sure those folks appreciated it if their English was limited.

• 1 month later...

We just got off NOS Sunday, and she was celebrating her anniversary with her husband in Izumi when we were in there. So, definitely married.

Put me in the “meh” column.

And she should stay there.......

She is usually there, but there aren't any ships based in Italy during the Winter, hence why she is sent to do vacation relief on Caribbean based ships.