They switched my room!!!

Crusin Karen

I handpicked our room on Pride. I have the confirmation. I just went to cruise manager to check something and we are on the complete opposite end of the ship that I booked. I then did a mock booking and "our cabin" is available. What is going on? :eek::mad:TIA.

Thanks! No it was NOT an upgrade. I handpick a cabin near the back stairs/elevators on deck 8 so I can walk up and down to Lido. They have me almost in the very front of the ship! And on the OPPOSITE side! We did this same cruise this past January and we were on port side, so I picked starboard for a different view. I am SO P'ED OFF!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thanks! No it was NOT an upgrade. I handpick a cabin near the back stairs/elevators on deck 8 so I can walk up and down to Lido. They have me almost in the very front of the ship! And on the OPPOSITE side! We did this same cruise this past January and we were on port side, so I picked starboard for a different view. I am SO P'ED OFF!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did you just do a price drop request? I would call your pvp and tell him or her you want your room back.

Mine wasn’t an upgrade to me, but to them it was. One of them was an OV which was connecting all the way forward. I told them heck no and to give me my inside back! You need to call NOW!

Hi

Don't know you situation specifically, and I would certainly get in touch with your TA, if you didn't book directly with Carnival. I do know that they can change your cabin if you are booked into a cabin that would accommodate more people than are booked, or if it is an accessible cabin and you are not in need of one so equipped.

Hi

Don't know you situation specifically, and I would certainly get in touch with your TA, if you didn't book directly with Carnival. I do know that they can change your cabin if you are booked into a cabin that would accommodate more people than are booked, or if it is an accessible cabin and you are not in need of one so equipped.

Would call whoever you booked with immediately if not sooner

We booked directly with Carnival. I did get 2 price drops. It is just a regular balcony cabin and can't figure out why they would switch. Unable to call until later this afternoon. If "my cabin" is taken I am going to hit the roof!!!

One time I did a price drop and they accidentally moved me to a different room by getting a couple of the cabin numbers mixed up. I noticed it immediately and they were able to change it back. Anytime I do a price drop now I verify the room number afterwards.

My cabin was changed once, we were taking our son, so we had three people, but the room I booked had space for 4. The moved us with out warning, but I was able to call Carnival and get us back to the original room. You should definitely call them but I do think that there is language in the cruise contract that allows them to do things like this (which is lame).

Called Carnival and they could not figure out why they switched us, so we are back in "our cabin." Thanks to everyone for all your advice and experiences! Now if only they could take away the gray hair that I got this morning! I LOVE where our room is and I was so mad! So another lesson learned: everyone check your cabin assignments every now and then. I knew I could count on you guys! HAPPY CRUISING everyone!

Curiosity question--why would you post on Cruise Critic before calling Carnival to sort it out?

As beerman said, I was NOT thinking rationally! I saw on the CCL website they had a completely different room than I hand picked. I mean, I was in the way back on starboard, they had me a few cabins from the front, actually from the bridge on deck 8 on aft. And I went nuts lol. I did not think I would have a chance to get a hold of CCL until late this afternoon and I saw "my cabin" was available and was convinced it would be snatched up before I had a chance to sort out the problem. This is a very popular Journeys cruise. I also wondered if this has happened often to others and the outcome as kind of a reassurance to myself before I could get hold of CCL. And if they wouldn't switch the cabin back, whether I had any ammunition. I know you are all the experts here. As it happens, we were able to get hold of Diamond desk earlier and all's well that ends well! I am sorry to have taken up the time of those posters that gave me advice and related their experiences. Thank you as it made me feel better in the meantime. And taught me a lesson to always check all the info. CRISIS OVER lol. And no, I am usually not a drama queen lol. HAPPY CRUISING everyone! ;)

One time I did a price drop and they accidentally moved me to a different room by getting a couple of the cabin numbers mixed up. I noticed it immediately and they were able to change it back. Anytime I do a price drop now I verify the room number afterwards.

Yep this happened to me with my last price drop.

As beerman said, I was NOT thinking rationally! I saw on the CCL website they had a completely different room than I hand picked. I mean, I was in the way back on starboard, they had me a few cabins from the front, actually from the bridge on deck 8 on aft. And I went nuts lol. I did not think I would have a chance to get a hold of CCL until late this afternoon and I saw "my cabin" was available and was convinced it would be snatched up before I had a chance to sort out the problem. This is a very popular Journeys cruise. I also wondered if this has happened often to others and the outcome as kind of a reassurance to myself before I could get hold of CCL. And if they wouldn't switch the cabin back, whether I had any ammunition. I know you are all the experts here. As it happens, we were able to get hold of Diamond desk earlier and all's well that ends well! I am sorry to have taken up the time of those posters that gave me advice and related their experiences. Thank you as it made me feel better in the meantime. And taught me a lesson to always check all the info. CRISIS OVER lol. And no, I am usually not a drama queen lol. HAPPY CRUISING everyone! ;)

lol— understood!

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sorry to have taken up the time of those posters that gave me advice and related their experiences.

Like the people on here have anything better to do!

Glad it worked out, enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Karen,

I saw this yesterday but had no advice to offer so didn't comment. I'm so relived to hear that you have this worked out and are in the cabin you chose. I'd be ticked too. For the past several cruises we've taken, we have know where we want to be and are picky about cabin location. And I can vouch, you are NOT a drama queen. :)

Karen,

I saw this yesterday but had no advice to offer so didn't comment. I'm so relived to hear that you have this worked out and are in the cabin you chose. I'd be ticked too. For the past several cruises we've taken, we have know where we want to be and are picky about cabin location. And I can vouch, you are NOT a drama queen. :)

THANKS Holly! I have to admit I went NUTS lol. And I owe you an email! Maybe after our 4th Nor'easter. :eek::rolleyes:

THANKS Holly! I have to admit I went NUTS lol. And I owe you an email! Maybe after our 4th Nor'easter. :eek::rolleyes:

I think I'd have been NUTS too, especially if I was in a position, like you, of not being able to call Carnival right away. Those Nor'easters...they've been rolling in one after the other and I've actually lost track of whether this was the 3rd or 4th, so now I know. You definitely need a cruise getaway. We've been getting them too, but just a little wind from #2 and #3. We're getting snow now, anywhere from 3-6; 4-8; 6-11. Apparently a change in few degrees will be the difference in the amount. Warmer = more rain, less snow accumulation, but if it gets cold, we'll be on the higher amounts. And this is the first day of spring....:eek:! But I do look forward to hearing from you when you get a chance. :)