luggagefree.com?

Sny

Has anyone used this door to door luggage delivery service for a cruise. Seems like my husband always

does something to his back, lugging around heavy suitcases. The service is expensive. Wonder if it's worth it and how Oceania deals with them.

We used Luggage Forward; luggageforward.com when we embarked out of Venice. I had read luggage, the bridges and even getting luggage in and out of water taxis could be an issue. When we embarked, our large suitcase was in our room.

It seemed a little expensive but it worked for us. We did not use it on our return to the states.

We have used luggage free to Asia and Europe for the past 8 years and they are great. Never a problem, the luggage arrives on time and they track it from the time it leaves you until it reaches its destination and continually notify you of its location.

We did have a problem, with one of their competitors, as far as missing items from the luggage.Two thirds of my clothing was gone......This was about 10 years ago and the shipment was the US to Hong Kong. We then started using Luggage Free and never looked back. We use them for all of our trips out of the country, and feel it well worth the price not have to lug bags around.

Everyone booking Oceania world cruises gets their service as part of the package. Our luggage was picked up about 10 days pre cruise and was waiting in our cabin. It was picked up again as we left the customs area. Only needed a couple carry on bags.

There was a list of items such as liquids that could not be packed - don't remember them all but some were items that passengers would be able to take themselves.

If it saves a sore back on a cruise then it is definitely worth it.

We used Luggage Forward; luggageforward.com when we embarked out of Venice. I had read luggage, the bridges and even getting luggage in and out of water taxis could be an issue. When we embarked, our large suitcase was in our room.

It seemed a little expensive but it worked for us. We did not use it on our return to the states.

I think it's time for us to give this service a try.

The "Venice Experience" with heavy luggage brings back memories (ugh).

Even with a private water taxi pickup at the airport, when we reached the hotel dock... it took considerable effort/help to get the "big fold-over piece" lifted up out of the boat. I think the tide was low, which didn't help. (And that was all before *I* needed assistance getting, uh, up and out of the little boat... :o)

But... earlier this month, DH ended up with back trouble upon arrival in Oslo.

How nice it would have been to find that large bag just waiting in our suite on the ship, especially as we could have done without it for the pre-cruise days.

How does "pickup" work on a return, after a cruise?

Thanks!

GC

We have used two of the three big luggage services.

Luggage Free and Luggage Concierge.

As to Luggage Free have used them several times sending luggage to the ship and sending luggage home.

Each company has a lot of similarities and some differences.

Luggage Free charges by the weight and not by the suitcase. Some charge by the size of the suitcase.

They also wrap the luggage although there is not a guarantee it will stay on should customs need to get into it.

The web site has information that should give you a good idea of cost (none of them are cheap) and answer most questions but do call them with any questions you have.

Please remember to pad the time to send the luggage. If a company says allow two weeks I allow more.

Also for all these companies they pretty much use the same shippers and sometimes something can go wrong that is not in their control. This is why I pad things in terms of the interval to ship the luggage.

Keith

I think it's time for us to give this service a try.

The "Venice Experience" with heavy luggage brings back memories (ugh).

How nice it would have been to find that large bag just waiting in our suite on the ship, especially as we could have done without it for the pre-cruise days.

How does "pickup" work on a return, after a cruise?

Thanks!

GC

The company will have a rep waiting for you as you leave the luggage return area.

The company will have a rep waiting for you as you leave the luggage return area.

Convenient!

This is definitely the new way to go for us, for at least one piece, anyway.

Thanks.

We used luggage services all along in Japan last year (those little trucks were everywhere!), and earlier this month, from Oslo to Bergen, and it was so much better (no surprise). We should have looked into this sooner...

GC

Has anyone used this door to door luggage delivery service for a cruise. Seems like my husband always

does something to his back, lugging around heavy suitcases. The service is expensive. Wonder if it's worth it and how Oceania deals with them.

Greetings from South Beach, Sny. We used LuggageForward several times. We were very pleased until the last time. We sailed Regent Explorer's TA, Miami/Barcelona last March. LuggageForward was supposed to pick our luggage up at the pier, prior to our departure for our Barcelona hotel, and return it to our Miami Beach condo. The driver never arrived, and we were unable to contact him. We took the luggage to our hotel in a taxi, exactly what we wanted to avoid. Later that day we got in touch with LuggageForward and arranged for a pickup next day at the hotel. At last that part worked, and our bags arrived at our home.

Next time, we will explore LuggageFree and similar services. Depending on reviews, we will make a choice. Perhaps we will use LuggageForward again. However, the product we pay these companies for is freedom from the burden of handling luggage, and we did not get that.

Mary

Edited by warburg
spacing

I broke my wrist on our last cruise, and couldn't handle the big bag. O's Concierge arranged all the details with Luggage Free, and we packed the bag and housekeeping took it to the Concierge's locked area the afternoon before debarkation. It was easy, necessary, and a bit more expensive than we expected. Wonderful service!

The speed with which your luggage arrives depends on the service you pay for. Basic takes about 10 Days to 2 weeks. Expedited is faster but more pricey

I have no idea which service or price Oceania will choose/pay for our luggage shipping service. From what I've read, the suitcases are picked up about 10 days before the cruise and returned about 5 days after the cruise. Glad to know that info, although I'm sure O will send us the specific info for our cruise as we get closer to sail date (January, 2019).

I have no idea which service or price Oceania will choose/pay for our luggage shipping service. From what I've read, the suitcases are picked up about 10 days before the cruise and returned about 5 days after the cruise. Glad to know that info, although I'm sure O will send us the specific info for our cruise as we get closer to sail date (January, 2019).

O's info -- at least what I recall that we received for RTW 2017 -- wasn't very specific. There was a form we filled out, but don't remember if that came from O or LF. However, Luggage Free was very helpful answering questions and scheduling the p/u and return. Here's the link I have from my notes last year for the website. Don't remember if this came from O or if I copied it from the roll call. When we called, we told them we were on the Oceania RTW and didn't need to provide much more than that. They asked for a CC from what I remember in case of weight overage (50 pounds per bag paid by O). For us, the p/u and return were done by FedEx, but all scheduling was done with LF.

ATW16 we used the O provided Luggage Free and the bags were waiting for us in our cabin.

Upon our return we brought ALL our luggage with us as O had provided town car service back to our south Florida address and it all fit within the car because we were the only passengers.

Just a thought for you south Floridians!

Edited by cbb

I wouldn't think so as I just did an order with Luggage Free for May/June cruise and had to pay for both legs. You can opt out of the return leg if you want. Don't know what would happen if you added the return home later. This is the first time we are trying this as are getting VERY tired of "lugging the luggage" !

If one decides to use the Luggage Free service for the return portion while onboard an O cruise can OBC be used to pay for it?

Doubt it. LF is an independent company who contracts with O when O offers the service. If you are making private arrangements, I don’t think there would be any connection to O ... thus no OBC could be used. If you find out otherwise, do post here.