Adventure vs Anthem opinion, March 2019.

Hello. We are currently booked on Adventure of the Seas on March 16 2019 for a 7 day to eastern caribbean. We are taking our 6 year old daughter with us as she has her school spring break the week before most and the prices are reasonable. It is currently in "refundable deposit" status so we can change without cost or problem. Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. We have been on Adventure 2 other times in the past (2006 and 2008) and since then have only cruised on smaller classes of RC ships, about once a year. Itinerary is Labadee, San Juan, and Phillipsburg SM. All of which we have been to before.

I did find that if we go on March 15th for an 8 night on Allure of the Seas the "kids sail free" promotion is still going on. This makes the price of each very similar, even with an ocean view unobstructed view balcony on the Allure. However, it leaves from Newark and I don't particularly find the itinerary that interesting. Orlando, Nassau, and Coco Cay.

I'm not sure if the appeal of the Quantum class ship which we have never been outweighs the chance of snow and obvious cold weather leaving from and coming back to Newark in March along with going to the Bahamas which we have been to countless times. Not a huge fan of Nassau personally.

We are kinda leaning towards sticking to our original reservation on Adventure but I'd be interested in any opinions. I have read about how Adventure was recently refurbished.

Thanks!

Hello. We are currently booked on Adventure of the Seas on March 16 2019 for a 7 day to eastern caribbean. We are taking our 6 year old daughter with us as she has her school spring break the week before most and the prices are reasonable. It is currently in "refundable deposit" status so we can change without cost or problem. Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. We have been on Adventure 2 other times in the past (2006 and 2008) and since then have only cruised on smaller classes of RC ships, about once a year. Itinerary is Labadee, San Juan, and Phillipsburg SM. All of which we have been to before.

I did find that if we go on March 15th for an 8 night on Allure of the Seas the "kids sail free" promotion is still going on. This makes the price of each very similar, even with an ocean view unobstructed view balcony on the Allure. However, it leaves from Newark and I don't particularly find the itinerary that interesting. Orlando, Nassau, and Coco Cay.

I'm not sure if the appeal of the Quantum class ship which we have never been outweighs the chance of snow and obvious cold weather leaving from and coming back to Newark in March along with going to the Bahamas which we have been to countless times. Not a huge fan of Nassau personally.

We are kinda leaning towards sticking to our original reservation on Adventure but I'd be interested in any opinions. I have read about how Adventure was recently refurbished.

Thanks!

Would you be flying to Newark? If you are flying anyway, I would take the Allure. You will have better weather leaving in and out of Florida in March. BTW, the Adventure is not a Quantum Class ship but the Anthem is.

OP, correct me if I'm wrong. When you said Quantum class, I'm guessing you were thinking of Allure, and misspoke. In any event, it is an Oasis class ship. I recently posted a similar question on Adventure vs the Oasis class. My dilemma was choosing an 8 night Southern Carribbean (awesome itinerary) on Adventure vs a 7 night Western Carib on Harmony. The consensus? If you tend to sail for the ship, the Oasis class. If you're more interested in itinerary/ports, Adventure.

Would you be flying to Newark? If you are flying anyway, I would take the Allure. You will have better weather leaving in and out of Florida in March. BTW, the Adventure is not a Quantum Class ship but the Anthem is.

I realized I completely messed up and put "Allure" instead of my intended "Anthem".... Sorry! Yea, we've been on Adventure twice before as I mentioned. Just have never been on anything larger (like Oasis or Quantum class) besides one cruise on Liberty which is slightly larger than Adventure. As for flying, yes we would be flying to either place....we live in Cincinnati. I'm just not so sure the cold days out and back from Newark would be very fun.

Edited by kcamp317

OP, correct me if I'm wrong. When you said Quantum class, I'm guessing you were thinking of Allure, and misspoke. In any event, it is an Oasis class ship. I recently posted a similar question on Adventure vs the Oasis class. My dilemma was choosing an 8 night Southern Carribbean (awesome itinerary) on Adventure vs a 7 night Western Carib on Harmony. The consensus? If you tend to sail for the ship, the Oasis class. If you're more interested in itinerary/ports, Adventure.

I did mess up...I meant to say Anthem....applogize! I need to change that.

I need to change the title to this....I accidentally put Allure in the title as opposed to Anthem which I mean to say but cant see to change the title. Can anyone direct me to how to do that? Long day at work, sorry for the confusion. Appreicated!!

Edited by kcamp317

:DDepends if you are looking for entertainment on the ship would pick Anthem, but if you want warm weather I would take Adventure , I do not like the thought of leaving from New Jersey , I really like Voyager class which is Adventure, just do not read thread on celebrity on same page

I need to change the title to this....I accidentally put Allure in the title as opposed to Anthem which I mean to say but cant see to change the title. Can anyone direct me to how to do that? Long day at work, sorry for the confusion. Appreicated!!

Ok, now I got it. The choice is Adventure v. Anthem.

As a ship class, the Anthem is far superior to the Adventure. All the bells and whistles are onboard the Anthem. So the question really is this. Are you going for the ports, or are you going for the ship? If the answer is ports,then go with Adventure. Those ports are amazing. From Florida, there's way easier access to better ports than up north. However, you did mention that you didn't want to deal with cold weather. One of the reasons Anthem is home ported in Bayonne, is because the Quantum classes deal better with cold weather. More interior public space and pools. Their Serenity deck is huge and indoors. They have a lot of indoor activities like BUMPER CARS. With 8 nights and only 3 ports, it will allow you to enjoy the ship more. There's more ship to enjoy here.

The ports on the Anthem, well, they are a bit mundane, however, Orlando, has advantages that you may or may not realize. Being within continental US, means you have access to pretty much the amenities you would have at home like Uber. Also, Port Canaveral allows you to rent a car from a US retailer fairly inexpensively and allows you to fully explore Orlando. Orlando has TONS of attractions that are not mainstream, but just as good. Ask me what i did last time I hit Port Canaveral as a port of call? You can't guess (unless you read my live thread). I went zombie hunting!!!! It was sooo much fun. Orlando has tons of stuff like this and others that cater to pretty much any whim.

Also keep in mind, that Anthem has one day more than the Adventure. That's always a draw, that extra day.

Anthem also has a 9 night that hits Bermuda, St. Maarten, Labadee and San Juan. Maybe you might find that a similarly priced within the same time frame. Can't hurt.

I would stick with Adventure.

I would never fly to board Anthem in March. As someone who lives in the Northeast, Cape Liberty is convenient for me and would be worth the cold weather since I'm only 1.5 hours away, but if I had to fly, no way.

If you're flying either way, go to warm weather. And Adventure is still a great ship.

You'd get an extra day on Anthem and something different as you say you've been on Adventure twice. Think Adventure has slides and more likely for warmer weather. For us, we booked Anthem for following March break as always wanted to try Quantum class (and for option to drive to the port over pricey airline time), but also the two sea days may still be chilly (indoor pool for swimming). If ports are important to you and you want warm weather, then you may want to stick with Adventure. If you want something different and an extra day, then try Anthem. I'd go for Anthem, but it depends on what is most important to you...weather and ports vs ship (and extra day).

You'd get an extra day on Anthem and something different as you say you've been on Adventure twice. Think Adventure has slides and more likely for warmer weather. For us, we booked Anthem for following March break as always wanted to try Quantum class (and for option to drive to the port over pricey airline time), but also the two sea days may still be chilly (indoor pool for swimming). If ports are important to you and you want warm weather, then you may want to stick with Adventure. If you want something different and an extra day, then try Anthem. I'd go for Anthem, but it depends on what is most important to you...weather and ports vs ship (and extra day).

Us too.:):):)

In order to do that you hit the little blue triangle in the top corner and request that the host change the title. I’ve already asked Bob to do this based on this post.

Anthem also has a 9 night that hits Bermuda, St. Maarten, Labadee and San Juan. Maybe you might find that a similarly priced within the same time frame. Can't hurt.

I believe Royal only runs this itinerary in the summer months.

Another vote for Adventure!

We did Anthem in mid-April on the same itinerary, and while we were impressed with the ship, we were certainly not wowed with the ports (of course, CocoCay was missed!) and our weather was really only vacation-like three or four days.

The itinerary on Adventure is much better, and Voyager is a great class -- especially if you normally don't sail the big ones, so won't be missing much. Plus, a lot of the bells and whistles of the Anthem are geared more toward slightly older kids, so I don't think that your six-year old would enjoy one ship any more or less.

Thanks everyone. We are going to go ahead and stick with our original reservation on Adventure. I think after a winter here in Ohio we'd be much happier hitting the warmth of Florida right off the bat and not have to deal with more winter for two days on Anthem and its NE departure port. We are looking forward to it.