Need help with hotel near highway close to Orlando or Kissimmee

flifish64

We will be driving from Mississippi to Miami for a cruise and plan on stopping along the way to spend the night.

Looking for recommendations for a hotel with breakfast close to the highway that will leave us 3-4 hours of driving to the cruise port the next day.

Needs are clean, easy to find, good beds and breakfast.

Thanks for any and all help.

Carol

I live in Titusville FL, we have several hotels that are right on I-95 that offer free breakfast. We are located about 3-1/2 to 4 hours to the Miami Port.

It's a small town near Kennedy Space Center, hotel prices are usually very reasonable.

I live in Titusville FL, we have several hotels that are right on I-95 that offer free breakfast. We are located about 3-1/2 to 4 hours to the Miami Port.

It's a small town near Kennedy Space Center, hotel prices are usually very reasonable.

Probably would not be on their route, they would probably be coming down 75 or the Florida Turnpike. There are literally hundreds of hotels in that area due to Disney, all the major chains and lots of local places. I would stick to the regular chains as most will give you breakfast.

Thank you for the replies.

Yes we will be on 75 and/or Florida Turnpike

There are so many hotels in the area I don't know who to determine which ones are right on the highway. We are good with most HI Express, Comfort Inns and Suites, LaQuinta Inns and Suites, Hampton Inns and Suites, etc.

Just need a recommendation for one right off the highway.

Carol

There is a Hampton Inn (and a few other chain hotels) in Fort Pierce near the Florida Turnpike exit. It is about a 2-3 hour Drive from Fort Pierce to Miami depending on traffic(of course).

From this hotel you could choose to drive I-95 or the FL Tpke.

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn a few times.

Clean rooms, complimentary breakfast and fast -food places plus a Cracker Barrel nearby ( a few minutes drive).

Staying at Ft Pierce brings you closer to Miami than staying in Kissimmee,plus the area is less hectic than Kissimmmee. You will not have to deal with Disney,Seaworld and all the other attractions there.

Since you will be driving into Miami the day of cruise, I would try and stay beyond Orlando area. I live in Orlando and it is so congested in the morning and many of the hotels are near I-4-- which is a nightmare -being remodeled to have Lexus lanes- avoid if at all possible!

I think MJSailors(Post 6) had a wise idea. At Exit 152 on the turnpike on Okeechobee Rd in Ft. Pierce, in addition to the Hapmton Inn, there is a Holiday Inn Express. In the morning you can then check traffic report and decide whether to take I-95 or Turnpike to Miami depending on traffic/accidents.

Here is a link to find hotels along the Florida Turnpike:

https://turnpikeinfo.com/lodging.php?road_name=floridas-turnpike&state=florida

Thanks Floridafolks for adding more info to my post about considering staying in Ft Pierce.

I wasn’t aware of the info for hotels along the turnpike.

We are snowbirds who have spent some time during the past several winters staying in a condo on Hutchinson Island.

We do get around to other places in FL during our stays. We have visited Palm Coast, Orlando, Sanibel Island ,Naples, Marco Island, Palm Beach Gardens, Wellington,Jupiter and Port St Lucie.I think I have I-95 memorized.! :D

Good to know that there is a site for hotels along the FL Tpke. :cool:

I don’t know when you are traveling but we learned to book in advance. We usually stay at a Hampton and book thru them. Just do a search using any hotel booking sites to get a feel and then call Hampton. Take your best price and gamble if you want to save a few by taking a non refundable price. They may not be the finest but they are rather clean and offer a decent breakfast with some being better than others. Hampton has recently done a major overhaul in their properties redoing the decor in the rooms. For us the breakfast there is enough as all we need is oatmeal, yogurt, bagel, banana and wake up coffee to hold us over until we get to Starbucks for a Americano.

We found that hotels in FL can and do sell out becasue of tournaments, family reunions, church groups, school trips, races, rallies, school breaks, rocket launches and etc.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅