currently on baltic cruise in aquaclass, vibration/shaking problems July 25th sailing

guy999

So I'm currently on the eclipse sailing from Amsterdam to Warnemunde. We are in Aquaclass, port side about 6 rooms back from the middle elevator and there is significant vibration/shaking in our room. The seas are calm but this has lasted since last night. My wife is very distressed by it, ie couldn't sleep and headaches, probably from lack of sleep.

We have been down to guest services three different times and the head of housekeeping has been to our room and has agreed with us that our room has a problem. Unfortunately the entire ship is booked and there is no place to move us. We offered to go anywhere. currently I would go to crew quarters just to be able to sleep. I feel asleep in the Persian gardens for awhile this afternoon but it's pretty hot to sleep on that.

they said there is no place for us to go.

any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Our room steward has been doing this cruise for awhile and she said she has never felt this before. The last guest services person has said that he has done the last 4 cruises with this same itinerary and never has had a complaint until this time.

Also we apparently have a new Captain, this is his first time with this ship, but front desk spoke to Engineering and they say that all is well with the ship.

I was trying to write this with my computer in lap but I can't because the vibration is so much.

I'll try and post some videos but i'm going to try and drug myself to fall asleep,

I wonder if the neighboring cabins to yours also have the same vibration? It would be instructive to knock on their doors to ask what they are experiencing

They are the Front desk has told me that at least two other rooms have complained.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe you can get some sleep in the relaxation room. I rarely find anyone in there.

Closes at 9 already checked I thought that was a good idea as well

The hotel director should be your next stop. Arrange a meeting through the Manager of guest services. If you have sailed on Celebrity before, get the captain's club representative involved also. This is a situation where the more involved, the better the outcome.

Do not rely on housekeeping or guest services to resolve this....

We had that cabin last year on the Eclipse, we noticed the vibration before we sailed. Went to cabin steward, front desk and finally the head of housekeeping. They eventually moved us after dinner. They had to bump down someone that had gotten an upgrade. We stayed in AQ but moved to the other side of the ship. I often wondered if that was a one time thing, or if it actually happened each cruise. Hope they get you sorted out soon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had that cabin last year on the Eclipse, we noticed the vibration before we sailed. Went to cabin steward, front desk and finally the head of housekeeping. They eventually moved us after dinner. They had to bump down someone that had gotten an upgrade. We stayed in AQ but moved to the other side of the ship. I often wondered if that was a one time thing, or if it actually happened each cruise. Hope they get you sorted out soon.

Btw, when they move you be sure to request some compensation for your inconvenience. They must have put a notice on the computer because we got a lot of “extras”thruout the cruise. Free internet, upgraded drink package and a lot of smiles and questions about whether we were enjoying ourselves and the new cabin steward bent over backwards to make us happy. Turned out to be a great thing for us!

Sorry for the long delay we are in room 1635. I was able to sleep but my wife was not. We are still moving the vibration is less but still going pretty good interesting I use my watch to track sleep but we are vibrating/shaking so much it thinks I only slept for five hours. Hopefully not the case. I will post a review of this room in the thread sticky for future cruisers I did research significantly before I left

.............We have been down to guest services three different times and the head of housekeeping has been to our room and has agreed with us that our room has a problem. Unfortunately the entire ship is booked and there is no place to move us.

This story is all too familiar.

Years ago, we had a similar situation on a different cruise line.

Our cabin had become uninhabitable and they also gave us the story about how the entire ship is booked with no place to move us.

Our reply was: Fine - No problem.

We will just take our bedding and go sleep on a couple of those comfortable couches in the XYZ lounge, (one of the main public lounges -- I don't remember what it was actually called).

It was absolutely miraculous the way that a vacant balcony stateroom suddenly became available for us to move into, where there had been no available stateroom on the entire ship only moments before. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Good luck!

So we saw that someone else had moved but they told us they hadn't moved anyone. Well we just met the couple who moved they had the same problem and they were moved to another room. Its very disappointing because we have four sea days in the cruise and that's one third of our cruise days

If I am correct you are on your third day of cruise with 11 more to go?

Can I suggest that firstly you gather some quality video evidence (glass with water shaking, pile of coins on desk seen to move, empty hangers vibrating....). Anything else you can think of which clearly visually and by ear evidences the vibration is more than one would expect on a ship/is more than acceptable/makes the room unfit for use....

Then arrange to meet with the HD again, show him your video and ask for a solution....If they are genuinely fully booked then what other solutions would you consider? Would you look at disembarking and flying home with a refund? Being allowed to sleep in the relaxation room? Are there beds available in the medical area which you could sleep in unless they are needed? Suffering on in your room but receiving some compensation?

Non of these are good solutions but you do now need to have an agenda in speaking to management....If you simply stick to wanting the vibration fixed or a different room and management genuinely can not do either you need to be open to other possibilities.

I sincerely hope a room will appear from somewhere for you....Please keep us in touch with how you get on.

Best wishes for a solution....

If I am correct you are on your third day of cruise with 11 more to go?

Can I suggest that firstly you gather some quality video evidence (glass with water shaking, pile of coins on desk seen to move, empty hangers vibrating....). Anything else you can think of which clearly visually and by ear evidences the vibration is more than one would expect on a ship/is more than acceptable/makes the room unfit for use....

Then arrange to meet with the HD again, show him your video and ask for a solution....If they are genuinely fully booked then what other solutions would you consider? Would you look at disembarking and flying home with a refund? Being allowed to sleep in the relaxation room? Are there beds available in the medical area which you could sleep in unless they are needed? Suffering on in your room but receiving some compensation?

Non of these are good solutions but you do now need to have an agenda in speaking to management....If you simply stick to wanting the vibration fixed or a different room and management genuinely can not do either you need to be open to other possibilities.

I sincerely hope a room will appear from somewhere for you....Please keep us in touch with how you get on.

Best wishes for a solution....

Excellent idea I actually gave them a list of options because when I'm at work you don't complain unless you have a solution so I have them multiple options.

So far no luck or improvement but as long as we aren't moving it is fine

We had exactly the same issue on Eclipse in stateroom 6224 in the Caribbean this year, even when the ship was moored up. I have been having that same room for some years but this is the first time the vibration was noticable. It seems like there is some issue in the engine room causing this. We were moved to a CC stateroom higher up higher up on the ship, also near modships, which also vibrated pretty badly.

This is our first time in aqua class normally we always book suites. We have done celebrity suite twice and Royal suite once so far not liking this but I actually love the restaurant

We had the same issue on a similar ship that was not old as well. The noise and shaking was in a section mid ship to aft on lower decks. This is above the engine and nearby some generators that provide electricity e.g. for various kitchens. This Generators create the trouble. As it is so hot at the moment in the Baltic area I trust they run at full power. The only option is to move. And trust me they know where it comes from but it is unavoidable...

By the way: Who is the new Captain?