currently on baltic cruise in aquaclass, vibration/shaking problems July 25th sailing

guy999

we have had 2 different managers in our room, both of them agree with the problem, both of them say there is nothing they can do. I’m ready to get off the boat and just do a different vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Given the extreme nature of the problem, and the story they're sticking to that there are no free cabins - could they transfer you to Celebrity Silhouette which is also in Northern Europe?

This thread is very interesting as my wife and I were on the Eclipse on the May 20th Norwegian Fjord cruise and also noticed very strong vibrations, luckily not in our cabin. Where we did notice it the most was in Murano at the tables near the exterior windows. One night it was so bad we asked to switch tables as the strong shaking was making my wife feel ill at the table. They moved us to a more interior table and it was much better. Bear in mind this was while sailing through the fjords, the water was as smooth as glass. We did not escalate the situation beyond the Murano staff as it did not affect our cabin.

If it were me at this point I would take to social media. While they can't create a cabin if none are available I can see no reason why they could not allow you sleep in the relaxation room.

Were on the Eclipse in June and didn't notice any vibration but certainly from what you and others are reporting there is a real problem. We have 3 cruises booked on the Eclipse for next year so hope they figure out and solve the problem.

ok well we spoke to assistant manager and once again there is no place to go, they are trying to figure out compensation. i asked about sleeping in the relaxation room, they said no, i asked about sleeping in the medical facility, i was told no, i asked about sleeping in a massage room, i was told no. last night we left after 11 so i was able to fall asleep for a few hours being exhausted, but woke up at 4. tonight we will be sailing when i’m trying to go to sleep, so i’m going to try for 30 minutes then i’m sleeping in the lobby. they state that the shaking can occur in any room and they don’t have any idea where it’s going to be.

i missed my spin class this morning, was so exhausted i couldn’t see when i was out wondering trying to find a place to sleep.

Here's a thought and I have no experience to back it up: what if you were to put on your work-out pants and go to the pool after it closes. Those swinging beds are really comfortable, you can pull the curtains closed, there are bathrooms nearby and I can't see where you would be inconveniencing anyone. You'll probably attract security just to check on you and they may ask you to move but if you tell them the problem, and promise to be gone by 6 am., they just might let you stay.

If it were me at this point I would take to social media. While they can't create a cabin if none are available I can see no reason why they could not allow you sleep in the relaxation room.

Were on the Eclipse in June and didn't notice any vibration but certainly from what you and others are reporting there is a real problem. We have 3 cruises booked on the Eclipse for next year so hope they figure out and solve the problem.

If you post on their Facebook it doesn't show up. I also contacted my travel agent and he got the same answer there are no rooms

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we have had 2 different managers in our room, both of them agree with the problem, both of them say there is nothing they can do. I’m ready to get off the boat and just do a different vacation.

So sorry to hear of this problem. I’m ok with white noise, but the vibration would be really bad. Keep asking. Guests/entertainers get off and there might be a cabin come free. Regardless I would be asking what compensation they are going to give you for this trouble. I don’t usually like the "compensation" route, but if what you say is true (I’ve no reason to disbelieve you) then they should be doing something to make it good.

Phil

If this problem can't be fixed in this cabin or significantly reduced the cabin needs to be taken out of commission for paying guests - no guest deserves to have their vacation ruined by this. Imagine finding out you're booked in this cabin next. The bean counters only understand money and if a cabin isn't generating revenue it will drive them to fix it.

We had this exact same problem in the same general location last year on Eclipse. Will never sail in those rooms again! Guest Services told us multiple cabins had complained, and they also said that is just how the ship is and it is normal. Baloney it is normal!! We had the vibration many times; sometimes in port and sometimes when we were sailing. The only saving grace is that it didn't happen all the time. But I did lose at least a couple nights sleep on our 14 night cruise. Celebrity offered nothing but excuses.

These cabins have been and continue to be a problem. Celebrity needs to fix whatever is wrong and in the meantime not sell those cabins!! At the very least, they should put a disclaimer on their website indicating that these cabins are subject to vibration issues and offer a discounted price for those willing to risk sailing there.

These cabins have been and continue to be a problem. Celebrity needs to fix whatever is wrong and in the meantime not sell those cabins!! At the very least, they should put a disclaimer on their website indicating that these cabins are subject to vibration issues and offer a discounted price for those willing to risk sailing there.

Surely you jest......

You will get a free upgrade to a Royal Suite before that happens.

This is scary...hope we do not have this issue in AQ class on EDGE...

We are also booked way aft in a Sunset Veranda for another EDGE cruise...just over Eden and hope no rear vibration..

Vibration could always be felt in dining room lower level on Mercury Century, M Class and in Tuscan on S...but that is for a meal, not an entire cruise.. and always there are some creaks and banging no one can figure out...But OPs situation is a nightmare!

We have had a steady whooshing air vent noise in mid ships AQ, loud pool drainage noise under solarium.. we adjusted after a few day,...Worst was on Connie.,We were under the pool deck dance floor.. At sailaway, our room vibrated so bad from the DJ...unbearable.,They sent someone up who was astounded at what he expetienced and we were moved before 1st nite dinner.. glad we did b/c others were not so lucky to escape,

Sorry for the long delay we are in room 1635. I was able to sleep but my wife was not. We are still moving the vibration is less but still going pretty good interesting I use my watch to track sleep but we are vibrating/shaking so much it thinks I only slept for five hours. Hopefully not the case. I will post a review of this room in the thread sticky for future cruisers I did research significantly before I left

Thanks for letting everyone know which room to avoid.

I hope a solution is found for you.

I was told there are always a few free cabins,some for entertainers etc can they sort one of those for you.

This story is all too familiar.

Years ago, we had a similar situation on a different cruise line.

Our cabin had become uninhabitable and they also gave us the story about how the entire ship is booked with no place to move us.

Our reply was: Fine - No problem.

We will just take our bedding and go sleep on a couple of those comfortable couches in the XYZ lounge, (one of the main public lounges -- I don't remember what it was actually called).

It was absolutely miraculous the way that a vacant balcony stateroom suddenly became available for us to move into, where there had been no available stateroom on the entire ship only moments before. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Good luck!

Well done,this validates my last post about there is ALWAYS a couple of empty rooms on every ship.

Spoke to my travel agent he also says that when he called they said no rooms. My wife and I met some people on the trip she slept in their room last night. We asked about compensation so far no answer on that either and pretty soon no point because I have already done private tours and a drink package there is nothing really left to spend money on and I don't want a future credit I'm not sure if I'm ever going to come back

Spoke to my travel agent he also says that when he called they said no rooms. My wife and I met some people on the trip she slept in their room last night. We asked about compensation so far no answer on that either and pretty soon no point because I have already done private tours and a drink package there is nothing really left to spend money on and I don't want a future credit I'm not sure if I'm ever going to come back

Given Celebrity’s response to your perfectly dreadful cruise experience, I’m not surprised that you may never sail them again. In fact, your experience makes me wary about my own bookings. They’ve simply refused to make any concessions that might have allowed you to get restful sleep. Unbelievable.

Given Celebrity’s response to your perfectly dreadful cruise experience, I’m not surprised that you may never sail them again. In fact, your experience makes me wary about my own bookings. They’ve simply refused to make any concessions that might have allowed you to get restful sleep. Unbelievable.

I can understand the no rooms but I did give options like medical facility. Massage rooms. Pretty much any where that's the frustrating part hopefully it's less tonight because we aren't going very far so we should be going slower.

I agree.

I was thinking of booking a Celebrity cruise and applied twice online to join the Captain's club 8 weeks ago then again 4 weeks ago in anticipation because as D+ on RC we would be Elite on Celebrity.

To date I have had no word back regarding membership numbers for Captain club and after hearing the ops dilemma I have cooled my thoughts about booking a cruise with them.

1636 and 1640 are on the opposite side of the ship from where the problem cabins are.

My comment was in response to post #32 about the air vents possibly causing the vibrations. The AQ air vents are on both sides of the ship. I was only mentioning that we never had a vibration problem from these vents in our staterooms. ;)

I agree.

I was thinking of booking a Celebrity cruise and applied twice online to join the Captain's club 8 weeks ago then again 4 weeks ago in anticipation because as D+ on RC we would be Elite on Celebrity.

To date I have had no word back regarding membership numbers for Captain club and after hearing the ops dilemma I have cooled my thoughts about booking a cruise with them.

Why phone The Captains Club? :confused:

I can understand the no rooms but I did give options like medical facility. Massage rooms. Pretty much any where that's the frustrating part hopefully it's less tonight because we aren't going very far so we should be going slower.

I know. That’s what has me so flummoxed. The fact that you’re willing to sleep in the Relaxation Room meant for Aqua passengers (and it’s not like you haven’t paid for Aqua class) or any of the places you suggested, should prove that you’re simply not able to sleep within the privacy of your cabin. I do hope tonight is better.

I will say though, that despite my frustration with our one cruise with the vibration issues, overall we have thoroughly enjoyed Celebrity and find their cruises wonderful. We have sailed them 35+ times to date (and have sailed on 4 other major lines). So as frustrating as this situation is, I strongly suggest you don't let that sour you on Celebrity overall. If you do, you are really missing out on some potentially great experiences. Just don't book those cabins again on Eclipse. Also for the record, this seems to be an Eclipse problem, not an S class ship problem overall (at least based on what I have read on these boards)

I will say though, that despite my frustration with our one cruise with the vibration issues, overall we have thoroughly enjoyed Celebrity and find their cruises wonderful. We have sailed them 35+ times to date (and have sailed on 4 other major lines). So as frustrating as this situation is, I strongly suggest you don't let that sour you on Celebrity overall. If you do, you are really missing out on some potentially great experiences. Just don't book those cabins again on Eclipse. Also for the record, this seems to be an Eclipse problem, not an S class ship problem overall (at least based on what I have read on these boards)

Have to say, I have been following this topic all day and am horrified by Celebrity's lack of compassion on this one. If it was my first, 2nd , 99th or 1000th cruise with them it would be my last.

I really do hope that they come up with a solution for guy999 - sounds like a miserable way to spend a holiday

:(