Charging phones on Celebrity Solstice

Muffinz

My wife & I are doing a cruise on Celebrity Solstice March 2018

I believe they have 2 American and 1 European electrical connectors in the cabins, but do they have USB ports for charging mobile phones / fitbits in the cabins?

Or do we need to buy a New Zealand - American adaptor and bring our chargers with us?

I believe they have 2 American and 1 European electrical connectors in the cabins, but do they have USB ports for charging mobile phones / fitbits in the cabins?

Or do we need to buy a New Zealand - American adaptor and bring our chargers with us?

Sorry, no USB ports for charging. I ordered a USB charger that has 5 USB charging slots from Amazon made by Lumsing. It has no surge protector so I have had no problem taking it onboard. It uses a regular plug (US) so we can both charge our phones, tablets and a Kindle. It is too strong to charge our Fitbits, so we do have to bring that dongle and plug it in by itself. (Sometimes we're really decadent and just eat, drink and be merry and leave the Fitbits home;p)

Sorry, no USB ports for charging. I ordered a USB charger that has 5 USB charging slots from Amazon made by Lumsing. It has no surge protector so I have had no problem taking it onboard. It uses a regular plug (US) so we can both charge our phones, tablets and a Kindle. It is too strong to charge our Fitbits, so we do have to bring that dongle and plug it in by itself. (Sometimes we're really decadent and just eat, drink and be merry and leave the Fitbits home;p)

thanks for that - we've got chargers and cables for our phones / fitbits

we bought a US / NZ adaptor - but NZ is 240v and US is 110v?

so I'm confused if our USB chargers will actually work....

They have a European standard 2 round pin.....220-240 Volt receptacle at the cabin desk. They also have 2 of the US Standard 2 flat prong 110-120V receptacles at the same location. As I mentioned in response to your other post...there are no USB outlets in the cabin,

Hank

Sorry but I'm not familiar with NZ . ÙS is 110

Chargers for phones and tablets are normally dual voltage, so with the appropriate adapter, your USB chargers will work. Even if yours will only work with 240v (pretty unlikely) they will still work in the European-style outlet.

I wouldn’t leave the Fitbit at home as it is very interesting to record the amount of stairs and miles (walking steps) made a day. We always take the stairs and have recorded as many as 157 flights (decks) of stairs in a day. It only counts going up so we also make about the same going down.

But the fallacy is that walking and using the stairs will keep you from gaining weight is not true. We rarely have deserts, don’t eat pizza, or junk food and try not to eat like it is our last meal and still gain at least 9 lbs. The drink pack and happy hour appertizers are the culprits as they add tons of calories.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

thanks - yes I'm not a huge drinker and I try to avoid buffets..... but I'm going to have to do a lot of walking on the ship and on shore to burn off those extra calories that I will be consuming!

we will definitely be taking our fitbits with us

It will be fine. We are from OZ and have an adaptor that fits anything to anything. We just take one 240V charger that all the devices fit into. I even have a 3 in 1 cable that you can use with iphones and kindles so it cuts down on the tangle of cables. The phones/ipads/kindles will be fine - they are able to do some power conversion thing. Can't help with the fitbit - I had a garmin that didn't need charging until I broke it. mummsie

Hi Muffinz - a fellow Kiwi cruiser here. I take my usual chargers etc , and a regular NZ power board (Warehouse model is fine ha ha). I then use my US pronged plug to plug in the board, and charge everything off that. Have a great cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the standard gear will have a built in adaptor. You really only need the US plug . I’ve never taken a special USB charger — I just plug anything else in via my apple plug.

Hi Muffinz - a fellow Kiwi cruiser here. I take my usual chargers etc , and a regular NZ power board (Warehouse model is fine ha ha). I then use my US pronged plug to plug in the board, and charge everything off that. Have a great cruise

thanks for that - we bought a US / NZ Adapter, so we will use that with a power board or double adaptor

If you are in a hotel in NZ or AUS, you will need one of these plug adapters to plug your US device into the socket: http://www.voltageconverters.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=PB13

If you are on board Solstice, just plug your device into the 110 socket. If you want to charge your fitbit, you can purchase one of these -- your iPhone should have one of these on the charger. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-A1385-Travel-USB-5V-Wall-Charger-for-iPhone-iPad-White-Hassle-Free/127296776?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=519&adid=22222222227039072143&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=85403430890&wl4=pla-193404736130&wl5=9010587&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112550073&wl11=online&wl12=127296776&wl13=&veh=sem

If you are in a hotel in NZ or AUS, you will need one of these plug adapters to plug your US device into the socket: http://www.voltageconverters.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=PB13

Actually that´s the wrong one... it´s Australian to US ;-)!

You only need an adaptor. Voltage doesn´t matter as usually all modern supplies (Fitbit, cell phone, camera batteries, laptop, tablets) are multi voltage. The only thing you can encounter: it might take a little longer to charge your device at an 110V outlet than on a 240V outlet.

I usually have a multi usb charger with me which I use on the 240V outlet (as it´s European) but I can also use it with an adapter on the 110V US outlet.

I do have my Fitbit with me but don´t expect it to sychronize onboard using the ship´s WiFi. It takes forever (if it does at all). I also have problems changing the time on my Fitbit (when traveling into another time zone). Not all WiFis obviously do allow this. So last time going from Alaska to Vancouver I my "watch" was an hour late until I had a good WiFi in Vancouver.

steamboats

Actually that´s the wrong one... it´s Australian to US ;-)!

steamboats

Actually, it is the correct one -- if you want to plug your 2-prong (3-prong with ground) U.S. device into a NZ electrical socket, you need that one. Of course, it won't work on the ship -- just the NZ hotels.

Water spins clockwise in the northern hemisphere and counterclockwise in the southern.

Does the alternating current alternate in the opposite and are the positive and negative wires for DC wired opposite ? 🤔. If so you may need to reverse your plugs. 🙄

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Actually, it is the correct one -- if you want to plug your 2-prong (3-prong with ground) U.S. device into a NZ electrical socket, you need that one. Of course, it won't work on the ship -- just the NZ hotels.

This way it works but actually the OP is from NZ and looks for an adapter for her NZ devices to be used onboard with US or European sockets ;-).

steamboats

This way it works but actually the OP is from NZ and looks for an adapter for her NZ devices to be used onboard with US or European sockets ;-).

steamboats

Oh, good point -- maybe my info would be useful for someone from the States, i.e. we're headed over there in February. :)

REmember that power boards and multi-socket devices that have surge protectors built into them are fire hazards on ships so leave them at home.

Yes the Warehouse model I referred to above is fine it doesn’t have the surge stuff