Harmony of the Seas Questions please help!!!!

Hi there!

I am traveling on the Harmony OTS for the May 12th 2018 sailing and I have a few questions.

I see that you are not allowed to bring a portable travel steamer on board...how are we supposed to get the wrinkles out of our clothes? We have brought a steamer on board before in past years...is this something new?

I also see that you have to sign out towels now, which is fine. But we do not want to pack our own towels to save space, are you allowed to bring the towels off the boat to the port beaches?

What is the cruise crowd usually like around my sailing?I am in my early 20s and looking to see if anyone else my age will be sailing on my cruise!

We wanted to book the BOGO for specialty dining but turned off from it because of the requirement that they must be booked for the first two days of the cruise. We dont want to miss a formal night or maybe a menu that we really like in MDR....so we are thinking about booking the two specialty restaurants we want (Chops Grille Dinner and Jamies Italian dinner) when we get on board the ship first thing...will we have trouble making reservations if we want until we get on the ship?

Please help!!

Best,

Victoria

Harmony of the Seas 5/12/18

ALL cruise lines provide towels for pool AND beaches...no need to pack them. The "sign out" thing is common, even in hotels. Not a big deal.

As far as ironing....iron before you pack....folding creases are not "wrinkles"! If you want something pressed, the ship will do it for a fee.

The dining packages can be for whatever nights/place you want....they will book the 1st for you, but you can change it easily when you board the ship.

Hi,

We just got off Harmony last week. What a blast that was.

1) Wrinkles. The only way I know of is to get whatever you need pressed on board. The only issue is of course they charge for it.

2) Towels. You can check out towels and take them off with you at the ports. Just keep in mind they will charge $25 per towels if not returned by cruise end.

3) Cruise crowd. All different ages on every cruise we have taken and that was our 17th.

4) Specialty booking. We always book before we go. I am sure you would be able to get a reservation on board if you like. The only thing that you might not get is the actual time that you are looking for.

Enjoy you cruise.

H

We don't do the up charge places, so no help with that but here is some helpful tips to prevent wrinkles.

If you can, roll your clothes. It takes up less space and helps prevent wrinkles. Pack a travel size of the Downy wrinkle releaser. Look for this at Target in the travel section. If you do have some wrinkles give this a try. We love it. Have stubborn wrinkles? Turn your shower on as hot as possible, hang up your clothes and place in the bathroom. Steam away :D

Sign out the towels and sign them back in. No big deal. Often they will have a stack right at the gangway for you to check out and a place to dump the wet sandy ones and check back in right there at the pier.

Hang your clothes in the bathroom and turn the shower on the hottest setting for 5 or 10 minutes. Most wrinkles will fall out once they get a little steam on them.

And if you don't have one, invest in a rolling garment bag. They fold in half and end up being the size of a med-to-large suitcase. You can get several formal outfits in them, and if you do it right, they come out with no wrinkles.

For towels, you don't need to sign them out on the ship to take ashore. They setup a towel station as soon as you get off the ship on the pier. No need to take towels with you. Walk off the ship, tell them how many you need, they scan your card and hand you towels to use. It's a VERY fast/instant process. Totally nothing to worry about at all. When you return, just drop the towels off and they do a quick scan of your card and you get back on the ship. It's right next to the ramp, can't miss it. The towel station is nice with seating and even some water/juice, etc.

Don't waste your time on jaimes. It's bad. Like chef boy r dee from the can bad on the pasta dish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Oh wow really??? I have not heard that about Jamie's yet...why did you think it was bad and what did you get?

I have this steamer, and have brought in on two cruises now with no issues:

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/joy-mangano-my-little-steamer-go-mini-reg-hand-steamer/3277448

It takes a few minutes, but works great and is small. The shower trick is good too, but this steamer heats up quickly for those times when you're getting ready last minute :)

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/joy-mangano-my-little-steamer-go-mini-reg-hand-steamer/3277448

It takes a few minutes, but works great and is small. The shower trick is good too, but this steamer heats up quickly for those times when you're getting ready last minute :)

Thats awesome to hear! They didnt give you a problem or go through your luggage? We need our steamer! hehe we have a small one like that too!

What we didnt like was the main courses. Rib eye tough, salmon eh. And they suggested pasta, that was like chef boy r dee. Other restaurants so much better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Wow surprised to hear that! Did you eat at Chops?

A tip for Wrinkles, do not spend your money on Downy wrinkle releaser anymore. Simply add a small amount of fabric softener to any spray bottle and add water. I would say in a 16oz bottle add 1-1.5 oz of FS. (adjust if you only need half a bottle or less at a time) When traveling bring a 3 oz bottle of FS and bring a small empty 16oz spray bottle. Then you will have multiple fills when you get to your location. No need to transport water. At home make a bigger bottle. .My wife figured this out a while back and I haven't ironed in years.

Jamie's is fine. There are plenty of other choices if it doesn't appeal to you.

Don't worry about towels. Simply grab a couple that have been saving deck chairs for chair hogs for over a half hour and you won't ever have to check any out.

Thats awesome to hear! They didnt give you a problem or go through your luggage? We need our steamer! hehe we have a small one like that too!

Regardless of whether or not someone has gotten a steamer onboard in the past, they are prohibited, may be confiscated, and should not be used.

You can bring the wrinkle free spray that works really good. Also pack your clothes in tissue paper. If desperate use the service on board for laundry.

Yes you can take the towels off ship but bring them back, do not lose them or you will be charge for them since you have to sign towels out

Yes. Lots of young people and will be fun!

My specialty restaurant I usually book when I get on ship.

Have fun! Enjoy, relax!

Please help!!:cool:

Best,

Victoria

Harmony of the Seas 5/12/18

Regarding wrinkled clothing. I've found that ironing at home and covering item with dry cleaner bag is the trick. NEVER have had a wrinkle. The garments slide over or another instead of clinging and wrinkling each other. I have a rolling garment bag, best investment ever. But I use same method for DH business trips when he needs a dress shirt and sport coat. Cover shirt with plastic bag and gently fold into carryon. Turns out great!

I've cruised on other CLs before, but not RC. That said, the idea of ironing clothes before your trip and carefully folding rolling them works well, as does Downy wrinkle release or even just hanging the clothes in the bathroom to steam while you shower.

Also, my husband and I will both be on the same cruise as you OP! We're in our late 20s but I'm sure there will be people of all ages onboard. :)

We looked in to the BOGO for the first two nights, but the Royal Rep. could not guarantee either a time or what restaurant you would get. We ended up booking Chops as an individual choice, and we could pick our day and time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums