are port times, port time or ship time?

luckyinpa

Every one of our cruises has involved time changes. We have been on cruises where there have been 6 or 7 time changes. The ship's time has always been adjusted to be the same as local time. You will usually be told the night before to adjust your clocks/watches etc.

Princess will adjust the clock and notify you as others have stated.

In the rare case where port time is different than ship time there will be ample notice in the Princess Patter, and on signs near the exit from the ship. This can happen if only the one port is in a different time zone and is bracketed by ports in another.

Just make sure you look at the port information provided to you. We also will carry a cheap watch with us for the case where there is a difference.

We've had several instances where the ship's time did not match local time. The only instance where it mattered to us was when the ship was an hour ahead in Costa Rica. The tour guide we were going with (arranged by someone on our roll call) did not realize we were arriving an hour early. Fortunately some other guides had his cell phone number, and we did not have to wait too long for him.

I believe the Princess 7-day itineraries to the Mexican Riviera involve a split for Puerto Vallarta consistently. Rather than shifting from PST to MST to CST for PV then MST for MZT and Cabo then PST for the return to LA, the ship goes to MST and stays there for the three ports, leaving PV an hour off.

On our QC to NYC cruise last year, the ship time was the same as port time. We were notified in the Patters and a note left on our pillows at night to change the time either forward or back depending on where we would be the next day. On our other cruises they have alerted the pax to change their clocks to agree with the port time. Someone mentioned PV and I have been there many times but don't remember if we changed the ship time or not. We are going next month so I will pay attention this time.

On our TA back to NYC we changed clocks several times as we sailed across the pond.

Last year on Regal’s Canada/NE sailing, port time is also ship’s time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

so can you make the car rental place open sooner than 8 am in saint john ;) i want to get a car and get out to the caves before the tide comes back in