Cancelling and re-booking cruise

chamima

We are currently booked on a cruise that we won't be able to take.

We booked this cruise while aboard another and so received 2 "amenities".

If I understand correctly - I can cancel the planned cruise and use the booking number on a future cruise.

What is the advantage of doing that vs. just getting the deposit back and booking again while we are on another cruise?

Thanks

Hi - In my experience, to preserve your onboard booking perks, TRANSFER the booking to a future cruise you might take. If unsure, just pick a cruise 1+yr out to give yourself time to decide on your preferred next trip to transfer the booking. The pricing of new trip would apply but perks SHOULD survive. You probably won't have to up your deposit unless upgrading to a suite. Good Luck

I moved my Edge summer 2019 cruise today, that I booked aboard Reflection last month.

Now booked on the Edge pre Christmas cruise for this December. The deposit I paid was only £89 and got $150 OBC, that I subsequently spent on Reflection. It was a "no brainer" to book whilst aboard.

The Classic drinks and WiFi perks I got are unchanged too.

Edited by Esprit
Typo

Chamima, do not cancel and rebook. Transfer the current booking number to a new cruise. Your bonus for booking on board will remain, and the other perks MIGHT transfer too. But if you cancel that booking number and then rebook from home without being on board, you will lose that bonus OBC.

I'm open to correction but I had understood that whilst the booking on board obc would remain, the transfer of other amenities/perks would depend on the current promotion being offered?

Correct, only the OBC is guaranteed (may also be adjusted for length/cabin etc.), but the perks are dependent on the current promo.

Does it depend on if you are in UK or North America? We got some good deals on-board, with more perks than have since been offered. We had to transfer and we got to keep everything, regardless of current promotions. But deal with a person, not a website, to be sure.

Celebrity works in strange ways, I booked two cruises onboard, both went down in price.

One they let me keep the OBC and 2 perks even though the new price only included one perk. The other cruise I could only reprice keeping my OBC but loosing one perk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Celebrity works in strange ways, I booked two cruises onboard, both went down in price.

One they let me keep the OBC and 2 perks even though the new price only included one perk. The other cruise I could only reprice keeping my OBC but loosing one perk.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Perhaps the the “perks” that you received depend on whether your price was the Big, Better, or Best price?

Chamima, do not cancel and rebook. Transfer the current booking number to a new cruise. Your bonus for booking on board will remain, and the other perks MIGHT transfer too. But if you cancel that booking number and then rebook from home without being on board, you will lose that bonus OBC.
Don't you also receive a reduced deposit by booking on board? Which means if you cancel and rebook a new cruise, the deposit required on your new cruise could be higher than what you paid when you originally booked on board?

We are currently booked on a cruise that we won't be able to take.

We booked this cruise while aboard another and so received 2 "amenities".

If I understand correctly - I can cancel the planned cruise and use the booking number on a future cruise.

What is the advantage of doing that vs. just getting the deposit back and booking again while we are on another cruise?

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I think most people missed the part where I said I would be booking my future cruise ALSO while on board (as I did the one I need to cancel).

I just wondered if there was an advantage to using my old deposit (and booking number) vs. starting the process again. The only advantage I can think of is if the OBC might have gone down from when I booked the original cruise to what I would get now.

In any case I'll probably find something as far into the future as I can and transfer the booking number to that.

Thanks again.