Jewel aft secret stairway

On Rhapsody deck 8 we had aft cabin 8596. Right around the corner from that cabin is a stairway that takes you up to the spa area. It was a GREAT shortcut. Just wondering if maybe the Jewel had the same stairway. Probably not....

On Rhapsody deck 8 we had aft cabin 8596. Right around the corner from that cabin is a stairway that takes you up to the spa area. It was a GREAT shortcut. Just wondering if maybe the Jewel had the same stairway. Probably not....

Is it a crew stairway on Rhapsody or one for passengers too?

On Jewel, there are stairways aft, but the are crew stairs that can be used by passengers in an emergency. There is a stairway between the aft outdoor section of the WJ that goes to the deck above which is for passengers, but that doesn't go down to the cabin level.

Is it a crew stairway on Rhapsody or one for passengers too?

On Jewel, there are stairways aft, but the are crew stairs that can be used by passengers in an emergency. There is a stairway between the aft outdoor section of the WJ that goes to the deck above which is for passengers, but that doesn't go down to the cabin level.

I didn't see any "Crew only" signs on the one on the Rhapsody. We used it multiple time daily No one ever said anything. It was very convenient for grabbing a snack or drink from the cafe and taking it back to the cabin.

I didn't see any "Crew only" signs on the one on the Rhapsody. We used it multiple time daily No one ever said anything. It was very convenient for grabbing a snack or drink from the cafe and taking it back to the cabin.

Will have to check it out if we ever sail that class of ship. Have sailed all the other classes but haven't tried that one.

That was a guest stairway, you can tell because it was carpeted.:) Same on Vision.

Those two stairways on the Rhapsody and the Vision are unique so far as I know. I am one of those crazy aft cabin lovers and I have not seen anything like them on any other class of ship. I don't think that the other two (initial) sets of Vision Class twins had anything like them either.

Those two stairways on the Rhapsody and the Vision are unique so far as I know. I am one of those crazy aft cabin lovers and I have not seen anything like them on any other class of ship. I don't think that the other two (initial) sets of Vision Class twins had anything like them either.

I believe at least one other Vision class ship has them, because I remember it being on the opposite side as Vision. Might have been Legend.

Is there a secret aft stairway on the Jewel like there is on the Rhapsody? That was really convenient!

We are on the Jewel at the moment in JS 1100 on the aft, and no, there is no secret stairway on either side of the ship like there is on Rhapsody.

That is also because Vision class have been built different from all newer ship classes on the upper decks with food in the front (Windjammer) and fitness center / spa in the back. As this is on more than one level they needed stairs in the back.

I was on this ship last november for 14 days 9 being sea days and at the gym every day. I would have loved to have discovered this!!! I will be on vision in january so i will have to find it.

We are on the Jewel at the moment in JS 1100 on the aft, and no, there is no secret stairway on either side of the ship like there is on Rhapsody.

I'm in 1100 in Feb. Please take good care of her for me. :D Thanks!