Restaurant ideas while in boston on cruise?

leetompkins

One of our stops while cruising on the Regal Princess up the east coast and into Canada is Boston. Can anyone tell me some good restaurant choices to consider while we are there? I know one of our stops will be Modern Pastry and/or Mike's Pastry. Thanks.

Our first choice for cuisine is seafood and second choice is Italian. I know I will be voted out regarding Italian and Seafood Restaurant will win out! Kinda of leaning towards Legal Seafood on the harbor; however, if you know of others that are just as good or better I would like to hear about them. Thanks all for the initial feedback.

If you really want to hit the best dining spots in port, you'd be better directing these sorts of inquires to restaurant-specific sites than here - Eater is pretty reliable and up-to-date - or even visiting TripAdvisor now that they do subdivide their restos so you can focus on just the 'Fine Dining' side of things.

IMO while the cannoli at Mike's Pastry is worth queuing for, Legal Seafood isn't (although there are so many branches around if you see one that's not too busy and you've never had their 'chowdah' by all means pop in, it's not like you won't enjoy it - but Row 34 or Neptune kick Legals ass to the curb six ways to Sunday!)

Our most recent Boston visits have focused on not-specifically-seafood places that nonetheless do a superb job with seafood - Toro and No 9 Park you really can't go wrong with, extremely consistent and among the best kitchens in the city for at least a few years.

Going Next 4th of July to Boston and after all these times we are going to attempt to dine at the Union Oyster House.

We have heard many wonderful things and the Travel Adviser seem to favorite it.

Should be a great experience.

Going Next 4th of July to Boston and after all these times we are going to attempt to dine at the Union Oyster House.

We have heard many wonderful things and the Travel Adviser seem to favorite it.

Should be a great experience.

We had lunch at Union Oyster House the last time we were in Boston and it was wonderful. We plan to go back in a few weeks.

So many choices for seafood restaurants in Boston and many reviews are subjective experiences. I will pick one when we get to Boston and hopefully be happy with the results. Thanks to all of you who have provided such candid suggestions from your experiences.