Uploading pictures for online check-in

I am trying to upload pictures to expedite boarding but, when I load them for each of us, one is upside down and two sideways (although the originals are perfectly straight).

Did this ever happen to anyone else here?

I am trying to upload pictures to expedite boarding but, when I load them for each of us, one is upside down and two sideways (although the originals are perfectly straight).

People have reported having trouble uploading photos. It's no big deal, uploading the photos is optional, they will take your photo at check-in and it will add about 10 seconds to your check-in time.

People have reported having trouble uploading photos. It's no big deal, uploading the photos is optional, they will take your photo at check-in and it will add about 10 seconds to your check-in time.

Thank you!

Its a strange quirk. I found that if my phone was in landscape mode (long end of the phone goes side to side), the picture, even though it looked normal when you saved it, loads 90 degrees out of phase. If I took the photo with the phone in portrait (long end of the phone up and down), then it loads correctly. Weird I know, but that's how I got it to work.

Upload your pictures to any photo editor. You can rotate the pictures, crop and resize if necessary. Even MS paint can do it if you use windows as an operating system.

Bill :)

I spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. Using different photo editors, landscape vs portrait, and even different browsers. At the end of the day, after checking in 5 different people, I got all but 1 inserted correctly. No matter what I tried, it rotated the picture sideways. I gave up...it’s definitely a quirk....despite all this work, they retook all of our pictures anyway.

And it added two seconds to the check in process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had tried everything you suggested before posting here but, no matter how I rotated or edited the picture, it still loaded upside down!

And I took the photos in portrait mode to begin with.

Try turning the phone upside down.....:D

What a lot of wasted time trying to do this as a high % of people will get their's taken again at checkin regardless. On our last cruise we couldn't believe how many people we overheard being told that their pictures had to be retaken.

I had tried everything you suggested before posting here but, no matter how I rotated or edited the picture, it still loaded upside down!

And I took the photos in portrait mode to begin with.

I thought that you could rotate the picture once it is uploaded, just like you can resize it?

I wonder if removing the exif data then correcting the orientation before upload would work?

(EXIF data is embedded in modern jpeg pictures and typically has an orientation indicator. In Windows 10 it can be removed by opening the properties of an image and clicking the Remove Properties and Personal Information link at the bottom of the Details tab.)