EZAIR - my mistake

alaskagirl2010

I was given a "multiple flights" selection. It forces you to put in your info/credit card. I thought then I would get to select and change flight times. Nope, I booked a non-refundable, change fee required. My mistake.

Hope they change it to a system that allows you to select various flights. If I had understood I would have booked directly with the airline.

Call the cruise line and see if you can cancel! Most airlines allow you to cancel a flight within 24 hours of booking. Not sure if this applies to this type of ticket but I would call the cruise line and see if you can. I am sure you are not the only ones who have made this mistake.

For future reference, when you get a multiple airlines choice, click on the flight details link, it will then tell you exactly which airlines and times are on that choice. Usually there are multiple selections that are labled "multiple airlines".

As far as I know, it is nonrefundable as soon as you click the purchase button. If you want to cancel you may be eligible for a future airline credit. These are issued by the airline and not Princess.

For future reference, when you get a multiple airlines choice, click on the flight details link, it will then tell you exactly which airlines and times are on that choice. Usually there are multiple selections that are labled "multiple airlines".

As far as I know, it is nonrefundable as soon as you click the purchase button. If you want to cancel you may be eligible for a future airline credit. These are issued by the airline and not Princess.

Thanks for further details on how the program works (booked through airline as opposed to cruise line). I would then suggest calling the airline direct and see if they will cancel it for you. I have had luck cancelling flights with certain airlines within 24 hours of booking.

Wow sorry to hear this happened to you. I would call Princess right away and really plead your case. Since it is a new feature, they may allow an exception. Good luck...I guess we need to be real careful...thanks for the headup.

I did call Princess right away. They helped me make a change. I may or may not have to pay the change fee, they were going to try to waive it. :)

So glad to hear it!

This is so new to many of us - I have no doubt many of us would have made the same mistake so your post serves as a good warning to make us extra aware when using their new flight option.

What are the advantages to this program? will they hold the ship if you are delayed? Is it cheaper? Certainly couldn't give anyone a stranger trip than I am looking forward to- Denver to Dallas to Anchorage. Now that makes sense:mad:

What are the advantages to this program? will they hold the ship if you are delayed? Is it cheaper? Certainly couldn't give anyone a stranger trip than I am looking forward to- Denver to Dallas to Anchorage. Now that makes sense:mad:

Haven't you heard the slogan for EZAir: "See America First -- All at Once"

i had hopes this new system would be better. if i could book air -without hassles-through princess it seemed the easiest thing to do--have everything all in one place. booking direct with the airline, i got a better flight time and it was cheaper. i have no idea why ezair wouldn't give me good options! i'm glad things seem to be worked out for you and i hope you don't have to pay a change fee.

What are the advantages to this program? will they hold the ship if you are delayed? Is it cheaper? Certainly couldn't give anyone a stranger trip than I am looking forward to- Denver to Dallas to Anchorage.

Advantage: If you miss the ship due to airline problems, you will be able to catch up at the next port at no airfare cost to you.

Disadvantage: This program no longer uses contracted rates that Princess had with airlines. You get to pay the same price as if you searched the airlines' web sites yourself.

Also, you cannot buy Princess insurance to cover the plane fare.

Advantage to Princess: Fewer staff needed in the air department.

I haven't seen it charged yet, so I don't know the answer to that question.

Glad the OP called Princess right away. Most airlines are pretty reasonable if you booked the wrong flights. I've seen them help people out a few times when they've booked the wrong day or wrong flights.

Under any air program, whether through Princess (or other cruise lines) or booking the air yourself, rarely will they hold the ship for you. This is a myth started years ago, and it was a shame that some actually believed it. There are times, when hundreds of passengers are delayed for an hour, and the ship can make arrangements to wait for them, but this is rarely the case.

As far as I understand, this is the way it's done now for all US/Canadian passengers. EZ Air gives you some options. There are no longer customization fees (that's a perk we lost with CC) because you do it on your own (or through your TA) now.

Thanks for the info.....:):):)

Bob

Under any air program, whether through Princess (or other cruise lines) or booking the air yourself, rarely will they hold the ship for you. This is a myth started years ago, and it was a shame that some actually believed it. There are times, when hundreds of passengers are delayed for an hour, and the ship can make arrangements to wait for them, but this is rarely the case.

the ship won't wait, but if you book ezair, they will get you to the next port. from the news release:

"the line will assist Princess eZAir passengers with re-routing to the next port of call should they experience a flight delay that causes them to miss the ship's departure."

go a day early and save yourself the stress. :)

Actually, I have seen the ship wait when there is a large group of passengers arriving a bit late. Sometimes it does happen, but just not very often. The time I remember was about 18 months ago when a snowstorm had held up about 300 passengers on several flights. But since they could make it to the pier within an hour of the scheduled sailing, the ship was able to make arrangements to delay until they arrived. But I don't think this had anything to do with all the passengers booking their flights through princess.

i had hopes this new system would be better. if i could book air -without hassles-through princess it seemed the easiest thing to do--have everything all in one place. booking direct with the airline, i got a better flight time and it was cheaper. i have no idea why ezair wouldn't give me good options! i'm glad things seem to be worked out for you and i hope you don't have to pay a change fee.

I got a much cheaper fare through Princess than with booking Air Canada direct.

Same flights, from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale.

I guess I lucked out!! Hope my luck continues.

Susan

I got a much cheaper fare through Princess than with booking Air Canada direct.

Same flights, from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale.

I guess I lucked out!! Hope my luck continues.

Susan

Ohhhh can you elaborate? I'm also looking at EZair from Vancouver - Ft. Lauderdale. Checking yesterday (which is still early) there would have only been about a $50 savings going with ezair. What did you end up paying using Princess?

Tx

Ohhhh can you elaborate? I'm also looking at EZair from Vancouver - Ft. Lauderdale. Checking yesterday (which is still early) there would have only been about a $50 savings going with ezair. What did you end up paying using Princess?

Tx

We are booked on the Grand Christmas cruise and I have been comparing all flights, routing (including U.S.) and pricing since January.

We did the same cruise last year, so I have comparisoms to work with.

When Princess introduced EZair I contacted my T.A. to get me a price.

Well! the price came back cheaper than anything else I had found. Princess states that the price is subject to change unles paid in full. What they don't tell you, is that you have to pay both the cruise and air in full at that point in time.

Because we are travelling Christmas period we know flights get full so we were not prepared to take the gamble that Princess would not have to raise their price because of supply and demand and that the flights would sell out.

Apartently Princess is only booking Air Canada for us living in Canada, old way they also booked us through the states.

There are 3 of us travelling and we are very happy with our savings.

I expect it all came down to timing, because I see that Princess is now higher.

Susan

Archived