Sweet Bread Recipe Request

I found it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=900066&highlight=bread+recipe&page=2

Alexis posted via igot2cruz back in 2009.

Here you go. This is what is the raisin and cranberry AUSTRIAN STRIEZEL that igot2cruz calls what you want.

AUSTRIAN STRIEZEL

2 (¼ -ounce or 7 g) packages dry yeast

1 tablespoon (15 g) sugar 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rum

1 cup (250 ml) water, lukewarm

2 pounds (900 g) all-purpose flour

¼ teaspoon (1.2 g) salt

½ cup (120 ml) milk

4 eggs

½ cup (120 g) butter, room temperature

1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract

Zest of ½ lemon

½ cup (120 g) raisins

½ cup (120 g) dried cranberries

1 egg yolk, beaten

Garnish - slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 400F or 200C.

1.To prepare dough, combine yeast, sugar and ½ cup (120 ml) water in a bowl and whisk until yeast has dissolved. In a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine all ingredients except raisins and cranberries and mix for 2 minutes at low speed, then for 8 minutes at high speed using a dough hook. The dough should be soft and elastic.

2.If kneading by hand, add flour a cup (250 g) at a time and knead for 10 minutes. Add raisins and cranberries to dough and mix well. Shape dough into a ball.

3.Cover and set aside in a warm, draft-free place for 20 minutes.

4.Punch down dough and divide into 1 pound (450 g) loaves. Cover and allow to relax for 20 minutes.

5.Cut dough into 3 equal pieces and hand roll each dough into 12-inch by 4-inch strip (30 x 10 cm).

6.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick spray. Transfer rolls to the baking sheet and braid,tucking the ends under.Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.

7.Brush braids with egg yolk and let rise for another 10 minutes. Brush a second time and sprinkle with slivered almonds.

8.Bake for 20 minutes, until nicely golden or until loaves sound hollow when their undersides are thumped.

Serves 6.

• Like 1

Thanks for this recipe!!!

I dream about that stuff in between cruises. Last cruise, I actually looked for some on disembarkation day, with plans to stuff it in my purse! I kid you not. There was none to be had; but we are cruising again in December....I am definitely going to try this recipe!

teddie

• Like 2

Looks beautiful, tastes lovely. Now, how many of these do I need to make to keep me in cruise mode until December 1st? They will have to ROLL me onto the ship! LOL!

IMG_2036.jpg.b3f6d637732cdfe6eee9250def232de7.jpg

IMG_2037.jpg.4c22dc5f747b3f41e69d3ea45ee1b278.jpg

IMG_2038.jpg.7a34b0e136a4efbcd154a9bd92700ebe.jpg

Edited by teddie
typo fix
  • Like 2

Looks beautiful, tastes lovely. Now, how many of these do I need to make to keep me in cruise mode until December 1st? They will have to ROLL me onto the ship! LOL!

Well done looks fantastic,i got the recipe for the Granola bars from the Prom cafe and made them this week and not bad at all for a first attempt.

Well done looks fantastic,i got the recipe for the Granola bars from the Prom cafe and made them this week and not bad at all for a first attempt.

1. Could you share that recipe! I realy like those!

2. Now I'm hungry again! :rolleyes: Guess I'm making a trip down the street from work (Place Bell on Elgin Street, Ottawa, ON) to the bakery for oatmeal & chocolate vegan cookies! Maybe a morning cookie as well.

3. Note to self: Must go for another 10Km run after work.

• 6 months later...
1. Could you share that recipe! I realy like those!

2. Now I'm hungry again! :rolleyes: Guess I'm making a trip down the street from work (Place Bell on Elgin Street, Ottawa, ON) to the bakery for oatmeal & chocolate vegan cookies! Maybe a morning cookie as well.

3. Note to self: Must go for another 10Km run after work.

Any chance of getting the café promenade granola recipe? Please.

• 1 month later...

I wrote to RCI and they were kind enough to send me the attached granola bar recipe (recipe for 100 servings!). This version calls for drizzled white chocolate, which I haven't seen or tried at the Café Promenade, but the bars recipe looks great. I hope that people will enjoy it.

RCIGranolaRecipe.jpg

The recipe came as a pdf, so I did a screen print of the recipe rather than write it out.

I hope that someone can try to make the recipe and let us know how it turns out. Maybe rewrite it for a smaller batch!!

Edited by Lloyd555

Recipe for the cold museli (spelling?) ceral RCCI serves at breakfast, it's so delicious. Think it has coconut or pineapple with milk. I checked one of the cook books for sale onboard and it wasn't listed. Would love to know how they make it. Sailing soon hope to pry it out of someone.:D

Teddie those look great. I'm not much of a baker, but I think I'll give those a try.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I just got off Vision of the Seas yesterday, to come home to 20 degree weather!! Too rude, so I searched for this fantastic bread we ate a loaf of, on ship. THANKS for posting this!

(and I did sneak three pieces off!)

Making it soon: a girl's gotta eat!

• Like 1

A couple of years ago after becoming addicted to the bread on a Radiance cruise around Australia, I experimented and adapted the recipe for my bread machine. Yummy!

RCI Cranberry Bread (Halved & Revised for Bread Machine)

½ cup water, lukewarm

¼ cup milk

1 tablespoon rum or Amaretto

2 eggs

1 tsp. vanilla extract

½ stick butter (1/4 cup), room temp.

Zest of ½ lemon

1 pound flour (about 2 ¼ cups)

2 Tbsp. sugar

¼ tsp. salt

1 (¼ -ounce) package dry yeast

1/4 cup raisins

½ cup dried cranberries

1 egg yolk, beaten lightly

Sliced almonds

Note: Follow your own bread machine’s sequence of ingredients if it differs from mine!

1. Place liquid ingredients in bread machine bowl, then add softened butter and lemon zest.

2. Mix flour, sugar, and salt lightly, then spoon into bread machine bowl. Sprinkle yeast on top of flour.

3. Turn machine on, set on “Dough” cycle. After dough is thoroughly mixed, open lid and add cranberries and raisins or nuts. Continue cycle.

4. At end of Dough cycle, remove dough from machine. Lightly knead on floured surface. Divide dough into 6 roughly equal portions. Roll each portion into a rope about 15-18 inches long.

5. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick spray. Transfer 3 rolls to the baking sheet (crosswise on baking sheet, or use 2 separate baking sheets) and braid, tucking the ends under. Repeat with remaining 3 rolls. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.

6. Brush braids with egg yolk and let rise for another 10 minutes. Brush with egg yolk a second time and sprinkle with slivered almonds.

7. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes, until nicely golden or until loaves sound hollow when their undersides are thumped. Note: watch closely for the last 5 minutes – if bread starts to get too brown, cover loosely with foil.

8. Cool on wire racks completely before slicing.

Special treat: Slice into 1 inch thick slices and use for French Toast!

I found it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=900066&highlight=bread+recipe&page=2

Alexis posted via igot2cruz back in 2009.

Here you go. This is what is the raisin and cranberry AUSTRIAN STRIEZEL that igot2cruz calls what you want.

Thank you for posting this! It's my absolute favorite on every cruise. I eat it every day for breakfast, and really struggle to find something else on the days it's not served.

I'll have to find one of my bread making friend to make this for me.

I cook and bake, just don't have the bread thing down! ;)

A couple of years ago after becoming addicted to the bread on a Radiance cruise around Australia, I experimented and adapted the recipe for my bread machine. Yummy!

RCI Cranberry Bread (Halved & Revised for Bread Machine)

Now I'm bummed that my bread machine no longer works. I might have to talk my mother in to making this for me in HER bread machine! :p

• 6 years later...
On 3/12/2012 at 7:24 PM, Lloyd555 said:

I wrote to RCI and they were kind enough to send me the attached granola bar recipe (recipe for 100 servings!). This version calls for drizzled white chocolate, which I haven't seen or tried at the Café Promenade, but the bars recipe looks great. I hope that people will enjoy it.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee505/Teddricks/RCIGranolaRecipe.jpg

The recipe came as a pdf, so I did a screen print of the recipe rather than write it out.

I hope that someone can try to make the recipe and let us know how it turns out. Maybe rewrite it for a smaller batch!!

I cannot see the image. Can you reshare?