Drone over RCL

That was truly one of the coolest things I have seen.....I have GOT TO GET me one of these...We back up to a state park and I can use this to track bears. I didn't realize the distance was so great on these.

Creepy! :eek:

Why? Helicopters or airplanes can do the same thing. It is not like someone is using this to stare in your balcony window. Anyways in your cruise contract it has a section on the implied allowance of photographing you.

That was truly one of the coolest things I have seen.....I have GOT TO GET me one of these...We back up to a state park and I can use this to track bears. I didn't realize the distance was so great on these.

Just looked it up $1300 +/-. Wait - that's the cost of a cruise - tough decision!

Why? Helicopters or airplanes can do the same thing. It is not like someone is using this to stare in your balcony window. Anyways in your cruise contract it has a section on the implied allowance of photographing you.

Yes... but.... I'm pretty sure that applies to cruise-line personnel or contractors doing the photography/video on behalf of RCI. I don't think this guy with the drone fits in either of those categories.

Yes... but.... I'm pretty sure that applies to cruise-line personnel or contractors doing the photography/video on behalf of RCI. I don't think this guy with the drone fits in either of those categories.

So, do you believe that people should not be allowed to take photo of your ship from land? What if they use a tripod on one of the balconies from the condos as you leave port?

As for the contract goes, I believe that is also in place so that passengers can not sue the cruise line, if they end up being in the backdrop of someones travel blog photo.

Do you think it ciuld enter the Boardwalk or Central Park area?

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

I have one of these Phantom quadcopers. Yes it could enter and fly, however, the ship's structure would have blocked the signal from the transmitter. If that happens, the quadcopter is programmed to enter fail safe. It returns to where it took off from and lands.

This guy took his copter onboard a Carnival ship and recorded beaches in Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya. He claimed to have gotten permission from the cruise line ahead of time and only got a few questions from security upon returning to the ship.

More ships from above.

Allure at night.

Disney Wonder in Miami

Norwegian Sky

Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u00EEzU2EfE

No ships, but a fantastic view from above Niagra Falls

So, do you believe that people should not be allowed to take photo of your ship from land? What if they use a tripod on one of the balconies from the condos as you leave port?

Also, port webcams. The Ft. L webcam has quite the "zoom-in" feature, and gets some good close-ups of folks on their balconies and public decks, as ships sail past it. We clearly spotted our friends on their Allure sail-away, this past March. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

Wow! That's amazing videos

I have one of these Phantom quadcopers. Yes it could enter and fly, however, the ship's structure would have blocked the signal from the transmitter. If that happens, the quadcopter is programmed to enter fail safe. It returns to where it took off from and lands.

This guy took his copter onboard a Carnival ship and recorded beaches in Cozumel, Roatan and Costa Maya. He claimed to have gotten permission from the cruise line ahead of time and only got a few questions from security upon returning to the ship.

More ships from above.

Allure at night.

Disney Wonder in Miami

Norwegian Sky

Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u00EEzU2EfE

No ships, but a fantastic view from above Niagra Falls

Sent from my iPhone using Forums