Funny things on a ship

Mark-Sheffield

A few years ago we had a OS on Indy and the suite was very nice.

Anyway, we had gone out for the evening and my wife had forgotten something in the cabin and she went back to the cabin. We met up a short time later and she said you'll never guess what's just happened. She went into the cabin and the steward was fast asleep on the bed with the TV on !!! She made a noise and he woke up and apologised profusely and left straight away !!! We didn't complain about it, but its a good story to retell at dinner parties.

Any other stories like that ?

A few years ago we had a OS on Indy and the suite was very nice.

Anyway, we had gone out for the evening and my wife had forgotten something in the cabin and she went back to the cabin. We met up a short time later and she said you'll never guess what's just happened. She went into the cabin and the steward was fast asleep on the bed with the TV on !!! She made a noise and he woke up and apologised profusely and left straight away !!! We didn't complain about it, but its a good story to retell at dinner parties.

Any other stories like that ?

:eek:

glad you didn't report the person. embarrassment enough should hopefully prevent him from doing it again. feel bad for some of the attendants at times, crazy hours and those select few guests that think attendant means butler catering to their every whim.

February this year we missed the ship and caught up with it 3 days later at a port in Mexico.

After we reached the cabin we received a phone call asking us to report to the Passenger Services desk after we attended the Life Boat Drill in the Wheel House Bar.

While walking down the hall way carrying our Life Jackets we had several fun conversations with other Passengers who walked right up to us in a hurry and asked what was going on. Shh, do you hear the sound of water? Then would tell our story.

We really caused a crowd to form while standing in line at the Passengers Services Desk. Lost track of how many times I told other passengers why we were carrying our Life Jackets. You really can meet more people if you have a Life Jacket in your Hand and it is day 3 of the cruise:D

Bob

February this year we missed the ship and caught up with it 3 days later at a port in Mexico.

After we reached the cabin we received a phone call asking us to report to the Passenger Services desk after we attended the Life Boat Drill in the Wheel House Bar.

While walking down the hall way carrying our Life Jackets we had several fun conversations with other Passengers who walked right up to us in a hurry and asked what was going on. Shh, do you hear the sound of water? Then would tell our story.

We really caused a crowd to form while standing in line at the Passengers Services Desk. Lost track of how many times I told other passengers why we were carrying our Life Jackets. You really can meet more people if you have a Life Jacket in your Hand and it is day 3 of the cruise:D

Bob

You could have simply told people that you received a call from a ship's officer to report to the Passenger Services desk immediately with your life jackets without explaining why - which would have been a completely true but misleading statement.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

DH is a big time martini drinker...I usually do a chardonnay.

We head to the martini bar and they have specials on big martinis. He urges me to try a chocolate/raspberry. Wow I loved it! He was slowly sipping his martini and looked over to see mine gone. (It really went down easily)

So he orders me a second one, telling me to sip it.

We finish our drinks and head to a specialty restaurant and order lobster tails.

He is talking to me and my head starts to sag...I was falling asleep at the table.

The lobster tails arrive and I go to cut it...It flies across the table to the floor!

So embarrassing. The waitress was great and puts a second order in for me.

By the time it came, I was falling asleep again. DH ate it and had to pretty much carry me back to the cabin.

No more martinis for me!

While on my Queen Victoria World Cruise last year, the crew was holding safety drills during one of our sea days. Several of us were sitting in one of the lounges as crew members walked by with their life vests. I commented "I wonder if the band ever holds safety drills on the upper deck". This was referring to the musicians playing while the Titantic was sinking.

About two minutes latter, an announcement come over the speaker "Will the music director please report to his station". Everyone in the lounge looked at me then we all started laughing.

Don

1 hour into embarkation on the NCL Getaway, we were on an elevator when an elderly lady on a walker got on and said to no one in particular, "I'm already disappointed in the ship." and another lady on the elevator chirped "It might take more than 2 hours to decide."

I didn't see this but I read on here one time that someone had an older couple on their cruise that wore their life jackets everywhere they went for the first two days of the cruise.

We saw two older couples that did this on the same cruise! They seemed to be traveling together, so I guess it was a group decision.

We visited a nice beach at one Carrebean island. My wife wanted a nice photo of the beach and ocean.

Every time I took a photo some bikini clad young lady (ladies) would walk in front of the camera! Took me a dozen shots to just get one of the beach.

Edited by DDWW

We visited a nice beach at one Carrebean island. My wife wanted a nice photo of the beach and ocean.

Every time I took a photo some bikini clad young lady (ladies) would walk in front of the camera! Took me a dozen shots to just get one of the beach.

So he said as he was printing out all those "mistake" pictures!

Ha ha!

:)

I hate when that happens. Just glad I'm not wasting film anymore. :D

Don

On our first night the husband wore a shirt that had "London" printed on the front. The staff in the MDR kept asking us where we were from (which sounds like a standard conversation starter for them) and somehow it ended up that they assumed we were from London. So we just went with it.....

So why have you framed them:D

My husband has that same type of lens in his camera.

• 5 months later...

This was our very first cruise and I had gone to the upper pool deck for a little sun when one of the crew members asked the couple sitting next to me what they wanted to drink, their reply a LI Ice Tea, well I thought that sounded good so asked for one. Now not being a drinker, thought it was regular Ice Tea. My first sip told me other wise so took my time. Everything was going well until DH came over and yelled out, What the *** are you doing with a LI Ice Tea. Needless to say those around us got a laugh.:D

I saw this back in 2008 on the Carnival Victory sailing out of San Juan.

It was debarkation morning and on the way to breakfast we passed 2 adults and 3 children walking from the buffet area loaded down with those tiny boxes of cereal. They had their arms full and the boxes covered their chests and they were using their chins to keep a grip on the boxes.

They must have brought a separate suitcase just for the cereal.

Who would think to combined a cruise with grocery trip.