What is a Tutti salad?

Newby58

It's a buffet salad bar where you choose your ingredients and the chef mixes your salad for you and hands it to you. You can have as little or as large a salad as you want - lots of nice choices. :) Available only on sea days in the MDR.

Edited by Langley Cruisers

I had to look it up as well. It's the salad bar in the MDR on sea days. They have LOTS AND LOTS of ingredients to chose from and then the chef will chop and mix your salad together with the dressings. There is a great youtube video of someone walking through the line. Check it out! I typed tutti salad royal caribbean and it was the first video.

Now it means I HAVE to try it on Freedom in October.

I've never had lunch in the MDR and from what I have read that is where you find it?

It's not a tutti salad. It's the Tutti salad bar. Tutti is Italian for "all" or "everything" and while it doesn't have EVERYTHING, it has a LOT of ingredients. It's a pointing thing. You indicate to the server which ingredients you want, and s/he adds it to your bowl, then adds the dressing of your choice, then mixes and chops it up for you, and serves it in a lovely bowl or plate.

It is set up in the Main Dining room at lunch, and the MDR is only open for lunch on sea days.

It's my go-to lunch whenever possible, although I don't let them put on their commercial dressings. I add my own oil and vinegar, which is also available there in bottles, as it is up in the Windjammer buffet.

The actual ingredients are not 100% standard from ship to ship, so what you have seen on one ship may or may not be there on your next cruise.

But it's all good.

:)

Edited by Merion_Mom

You can also ask them to chop the salad, which for some reason makes it taste so much better!!

When I was in Greece (and having come from 16 nights in Italy first), I would get a tutti salad and a side bowl of prosciutto. Then I would order melon from the server (by special request) and have chopped tutti salad and prosciutto with melon as my lunch.

I try not to order dessert at lunch, but if you like chocolate-- raspberry ganache cake is to die for!

• Like 1

No MDR on Anthem.

Wondering if there is a "Tutti" salad bar on this ship???

They have breakfast and lunch in the American Icon dining room, so that would be my guess as to where they would also have the Tutti Salad.

EDIT: See Patti's more accurate nfo below.

Edited by clarea

You can also ask them to chop the salad, which for some reason makes it taste so much better!!

I've never had to ask for the salad to be chopped, it has always been done automatically. Is this something new?

No MDR on Anthem.

Wondering if there is a "Tutti" salad bar on this ship???

No there is no Tutti Salad Bar on Quantum class.

I've never had to ask for the salad to be chopped, it has always been done automatically. Is this something new?

I've seen this on one ship so far, so it's another thing that varies.

Do they have lunch in one of the "free" dining rooms on Quantum?

Edited by clarea

There was when I was on Quantum out of Bayonne last February. It was in the American Icon on sea days.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

There was when I was on Quantum out of Bayonne last February. It was in the American Icon on sea days.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Then it must have been added after we cruised which was the Inaugural in November out of Bayonne.

Edited by cruisenfever

I try not to order dessert at lunch, but if you like chocolate-- raspberry ganache cake is to die for!

OMG, I would book a cruise again just for that ganache!

And thanks for the info about what tutti means ... and also where to find the salad bar on the Anthem. As I read through this I was concerned it wasn't going to be available on the Anthem.

It's not a tutti salad. It's the Tutti salad bar. Tutti is Italian for "all" or "everything" and while it doesn't have EVERYTHING, it has a LOT of ingredients. It's a pointing thing. You indicate to the server which ingredients you want, and s/he adds it to your bowl, then adds the dressing of your choice, then mixes and chops it up for you, and serves it in a lovely bowl or plate.

It is set up in the Main Dining room at lunch, and the MDR is only open for lunch on sea days.

It's my go-to lunch whenever possible, although I don't let them put on their commercial dressings. I add my own oil and vinegar, which is also available there in bottles, as it is up in the Windjammer buffet.

The actual ingredients are not 100% standard from ship to ship, so what you have seen on one ship may or may not be there on your next cruise.

But it's all good.

:)

Patti, there was ONE ship (I cannot for the life of me remember which one) where they looked at me like I had six heads and said, "We don't do that." When I said, "On all of the other ships they do", he just repeated "we don't do that."

Patti, there was ONE ship (I cannot for the life of me remember which one) where they looked at me like I had six heads and said, "We don't do that." When I said, "On all of the other ships they do", he just repeated "we don't do that."

Yes, I noticed that it varies from ship to ship also. Freedom uses a pizza cutter in the

metal bowl to cut it up, then slips the salad onto a plate and you don't have to ask.

I like that! :)

I'm sure I'm not imaging this but, on the EOS a couple of years ago, after I selected what I wanted and it was mixed and chopped, there were things that I could add afterwards like prosciutto and mozzarella balls. Recently, there were no "after market" items. I don't like my mozzarella balls chopped.:D

I'm sure I'm not imaging this but, on the EOS a couple of years ago, after I selected what I wanted and it was mixed and chopped, there were things that I could add afterwards like prosciutto and mozzarella balls. Recently, there were no "after market" items. I don't like my mozzarella balls chopped.:D

I don't think you are imagining that, because I also remember being able to add some items after the chopping.

I don't know what make the Tutti Salad Bar so good, but I wish for added sea days just so I can have another one. They are wonderful, and I agree there is something about having it chopped that makes it special.

I know, We will be on the Independence Oct 18th and it's a rather heavy port itinerary with 4 stops. I did notice something on a cruise compas that someone was kind enough to post, that they actually have the Tutti Salad Bar" open on the day they are ported in Labadee, and they had the windjammer closed? I thought that was odd but on the other hand it would give me the chance to have that great salad bar one more time.