E719: Golden Princess smoking location on promenade vs above balconies

lahore

Hi, we have booked cabin E719, a mini suite on Golden Princess. We will be onboard for 49 days on a circle pacific. I was really happy with this until I suddenly had a traumatic idea - where is the smoking area on Promenade deck on Golden Princess please? I just remembered where it was on Diamond Princes and I fear it might be directly under my balcony. Cigarette smoke makes me want to puke, and is certainly not what I call 'fresh air'.

Yay...Yay.....Yay....another smoking thread.

I do not smoke but have nothing against smokers smoking in their assigned areas.

Too bad if your cabin happens to be closeby....surely you DO NOT expect them to NOT smoke just to accommodate YOU???

Since you said that smoking makes you want to puke, just make sure you do NOT puke on the smokers enjoying their guilty pleasures beneath your balcony as I am sure that would NOT end well.

Enjoy!

Edited by fjordster

I was on a cruise last month above the smokers in a mini suite and couldn't use my balcony. The smoke blows up the one deck and since the cabin is a few yards aft the smokes blows directly to your balcony. It is on the starboard side so book on the aft side where there is no smoking on the deck below. Don't book above the dance floor of club fusion or the base from the band will reverberate in your cabin.

I was on a cruise last month above the smokers in a mini suite and couldn't use my balcony. The smoke blows up the one deck and since the cabin is a few yards aft the smokes blows directly to your balcony. It is on the starboard side so book on the aft side where there is no smoking on the deck below. Don't book above the dance floor of club fusion or the base from the band will reverberate in your cabin.

GREAT advice CruzSnooze.....we experienced that once on a sold out sailing.

They would not move us....Hotel Director, I remember it was Martin Ford, got involved and we were put in a suite!!!!

Yay...Yay.....Yay....another smoking thread.

I do not smoke but have nothing against smokers smoking in their assigned areas.

Too bad if your cabin happens to be closeby....surely you DO NOT expect them to NOT smoke just to accommodate YOU???

Since you said that smoking makes you want to puke, just make sure you do NOT puke on the smokers enjoying their guilty pleasures beneath your balcony as I am sure that would NOT end well.

Enjoy!

What a childish, unnecessary reply. The smokers can do whatever they want (as long as it's in line with ship policy), but if that's where it is located then I will move Cabin. If you can't say anything worthwhile why don't you just mind your own business.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by lahore

Thank you Cruzsnooze. Will change cabin if I find out for sure that's where it is on Golden.

Edited by lahore

We are in E 719 on the Star. Is the smoking area on the starboard side of all the ships? If so I need to change to port.

Yes, that's what I want to ascertain too.

I can confirm the smoking area is on the Starboard Rear of the Promenade Deck on the Golden Princess.

Close to the Vista Doors for the smokers who needed to nip out for a siggy.

So yes E719 will be right above you, so recommend you do change sides.

We had the inside E716 on our last cruise over Christmas and New Year 2015 - 2016.

Edited by MargoK

I can confirm the smoking area is on the Starboard Rear of the Promenade Deck on the Golden Princess.

We had the inside E716 on our last cruise over Christmas and New Year 2015 - 2016.

Thank you so much Margo. Really appreciate it, going to write and get it changed now.

Hi Lahore.

Bob and Chris from Queensland. We have the very same mini suite booked for our golden 25 night cruise coming up in a few days time. We are not changing, actually picked this one with very good reviews. If we do get smoke drifting up to our balcony it is not enough to change our minds.

Enjoy your cruise.

Regards bob.

Hi Lahore.

Bob and Chris from Queensland. We have the very same mini suite booked for our golden 25 night cruise coming up in a few days time. We are not changing, actually picked this one with very good reviews. If we do get smoke drifting up to our balcony it is not enough to change our minds.

Enjoy your cruise.

Regards bob.

We are with Bob on this one............DO NOT CHANGE CABINS

DO NOT CHANGE CABINS DO NOT CHANGE CABINS

You will be hard pressed to find a better mini-suite.

We have stayed in E719 and LOVED it.

Please hold on to that cabin.....people will snap it up in an instant

if you give it up. Your loss.

We are with Bob on this one............DO NOT CHANGE CABINS

DO NOT CHANGE CABINS DO NOT CHANGE CABINS

You will be hard pressed to find a better mini-suite.

We have stayed in E719 and LOVED it.

Please hold on to that cabin.....people will snap it up in an instant

if you give it up. Your loss.

Eek. Now I'm confused. When you stayed in that cabin did you get any cigarette smoke? I mean we are on there for 49 days on a Circle Pacific. Recently when we spent 16 days around Hokkaido someone was smoking on the balcony and that was enough to send me inside. I have visions of spending hours on the balcony around Alaska and the thought of it being spoiled by cigarette smoke is genuinely worrying. From another perspective, why did you think it was such a great cabin please?

Edited by lahore

Hi Lahore.

Enjoy your cruise.

Regards bob.

Hi Bob, I would be beyond appreciative if you could please get back and tell us whether you did notice cigarette smoke or not on your upcoming cruise.

Hi Lahore.

I will get back to you after a few days into the cruise if we can. Are people talking about the smoke coming onto the balcony whilst the ship is at rest or actually underway. In the case it is only whilst at rest we will probably be off the balcony at a port and I am no expect however I can't image it being a problem whilst the ship is moving, however I could be wrong. Whichever way, we are sitting tight in this cabin.

Regards bob.

Hi Lahore.

I will get back to you after a few days into the cruise if we can. Are people talking about the smoke coming onto the balcony whilst the ship is at rest or actually underway. In the case it is only whilst at rest we will probably be off the balcony at a port and I am no expect however I can't image it being a problem whilst the ship is moving, however I could be wrong. Whichever way, we are sitting tight in this cabin.

Regards bob.

We would too, again, in a heartbeat!

Best cabin we ever had on any of our 20 Princess cruises.

Hi Lahore.

Regards bob.

Hi Bob, I'm actually worried about both. Like you of course we're not sitting around in the cabin when the ship is in Port however on a 49 day cruise that includes Alaska, some of the "ports" you don't actually get off the ship of course, it's on deck viewing. One of the advertising points is obviously the crisp clean air of Alaska, so I'm concerned and want to make an informed decision. Also I imagine when the ship is moving if the wind is blowing towards our cabin then it could still be a problem. Anyway I would really very much love to know, if you could find the time to get back to me post-cruise I would be extremely appreciative. 'Tis Lyn

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile ap

Edited by lahore

We were in E725 in October 2014. Not the same cabin, but only two or three away. And it was only 4 nights. But we had no problem with cigarette smoke drifting up from the Promenade smoking section below. I don't know why, but it wasn't a problem.

At the same time, we spent only four days there, and I can't say you should commit to 49 days. All I can say is that we've booked similar cabins (starboard Emerald mini-suites) on two of our next four cruises. The other two are Royal-class ships where no similar cabins are available.

Jim

Hi, we have booked cabin E719, a mini suite on Golden Princess. We will be onboard for 49 days on a circle pacific. I was really happy with this until I suddenly had a traumatic idea - where is the smoking area on Promenade deck on Golden Princess please? I just remembered where it was on Diamond Princes and I fear it might be directly under my balcony. Cigarette smoke makes me want to puke, and is certainly not what I call 'fresh air'.

I'm fairly certain the smoking area is aft starboard on Golden - outside or just forward of the Vista Lounge from memory. So that would mean your cabin is immediately above that area. I don't think the smoking area extends back into the narrower part of the Promenade Deck outside the Vista Lounge so you might want to ring Princess to see if you can shift to cabin further aft - E723 is still showing as available.

It will depend on how many smokers there are on your cruise. We wandered outside on that side of the ship a few times, at various times of the day, during our cruise on Golden and the smoking wasn't too bad. We used the Promenade Deck as an alternative route through to the Atrium to avoid the congestion through the Photo Gallery.

Hi MargoK

I know it's not the right thread to ask but we are booked in an inside cabin A 728 on the Golden.

How did you find the inside cabins?

We have stayed in balconies, outside, and junior suits.

We travel with our seven year old daughter and find we hardly spend any time in our cabin and rarely us the balcony, not to justify 2k more.

We thought this time we would save money and try an inside cabin. If it works it probably means an extra cruise a year for us.

So we are just curious to hear from someone that has stayed in an inside cabin.

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm fairly certain the smoking area is aft starboard on Golden - outside or just forward of the Vista Lounge from memory. So that would mean your cabin is immediately above that area. I don't think the smoking area extends back into the narrower part of the Promenade Deck outside the Vista Lounge so you might want to ring Princess to see if you can shift to cabin further aft - E723 is still showing as available.

It will depend on how many smokers there are on your cruise. We wandered outside on that side of the ship a few times, at various times of the day, during our cruise on Golden and the smoking wasn't too bad. We used the Promenade Deck as an alternative route through to the Atrium to avoid the congestion through the Photo Gallery.

Hi and thank you is Ozkiwi. Can I ask what site are you looking to see which cabins are still available please?

What a childish, unnecessary reply. The smokers can do whatever they want (as long as it's in line with ship policy), but if that's where it is located then I will move Cabin. If you can't say anything worthwhile why don't you just mind your own business.

I totally agree with you!!

Tony

Hi and thank you is Ozkiwi. Can I ask what site are you looking to see which cabins are still available please?

Princess. Just do a mock booking and that will show you the available cabins for each category.

Hi MargoK

I know it's not the right thread to ask but we are booked in an inside cabin A 728 on the Golden.

How did you find the inside cabins?

We have stayed in balconies, outside, and junior suits.

We travel with our seven year old daughter and find we hardly spend any time in our cabin and rarely us the balcony, not to justify 2k more.

We thought this time we would save money and try an inside cabin. If it works it probably means an extra cruise a year for us.

So we are just curious to hear from someone that has stayed in an inside cabin.

Thanks

Mark

We don't mind the inside cabins. We're only in the cabin to sleep, shower and change clothes usually. We had an inside cabin on deck 10 on Golden and it was very nice. My only complaint was the tiny showers but I think they are the same size in the balcony cabins on Golden anyway.