Family friendly seafood restaurant near embassy suites 17th street.

NJporkroll

Looking for a recommendation for an informal, but family friendly seafood restaurant near our hotel. Preferably walking distance from the ES 17th street. Please for heavens sake no chain restaurants.

We like local places like you would find on "diners, drive-ins & dives"

Thanks ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know it's not seafood, but a good family friendly restaurant is Gilbert's 17th Street Grill. It is between ES and Publix, and more likely closer to ES. Here is a link to their website. http://www.gilberts17thstgrill.com

Everything I've had there has been top notch. It is family run and every time we have been there 2 of the 4, and sometimes more, family members have been there working behind the counter. It is the kind of place that Triple D would go to. Trip Advisor gives it a 4.5 out of 5 with over 1,200 reviews. As I said earlier it isn't seafood but maybe the next time your in FLL it might be what you are looking for. When you said Triple D style I thought you'd find it interesting.

Now I am off to check out Kelly's Seafood that Travelwide mentioned as well as Southport that Molly noted.

Our all time favorite is "15th Street Fisheries" which is on intercoastal so you see all the boat traffic. We always go there when we cruise out of Port Everglades. Great if you have children as they can "feed the fish." Took family with 2 sons there on last trip and the 5 year old really loved it as did the rest of us. We were a party of 6 adults and 2 children.

Even my local friends love it there. Food is always great.

Had a Meet & Mingle there before a cruise with about 30 roll call members and all loved it. The water taxi stops there and you can see the cruise ships from their dock.

Really like Waxy O'Connors Irish pub. Right across the street from the Embassy Suites, which is an advantage. Have found 17th Street area not always pedestrian friendly; just a lot of heavy traffic.

O'Connors is not a true seafood restaurant, but has great "Irish style fish and chips" plus other Irish favorites. Also a regular sandwich menu plus other fish entrees. They have a lot of different beers and usually nightly entertainment. Google them and there's lots of information.

Southport Raw Bar- very casual and good food

http://www.southportrawbar.com/

Our all time favorite is "15th Street Fisheries" which is on intercoastal so you see all the boat traffic. We always go there when we cruise out of Port Everglades. Great if you have children as they can "feed the fish." Took family with 2 sons there on last trip and the 5 year old really loved it as did the rest of us. We were a party of 6 adults and 2 children.

Even my local friends love it there. Food is always great.

Had a Meet & Mingle there before a cruise with about 30 roll call members and all loved it. The water taxi stops there and you can see the cruise ships from their dock.

We have eaten in and enjoyed both Southport Raw Bar and 15th St Fisheries. Both are places we would definitely go back to! :D

or take a taxi. and not too far from your area, Ernies Barbecue and Conch Chowder etc. Been there for YEARS. Try and go there every time I'm in Ft Lauderdale.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g34227-d466732-Reviews-Ernie_s_Bar_b_que_Lounge-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Florida.html

I guess this link is legal ?????????

Our all time favorite is "15th Street Fisheries" which is on intercoastal so you see all the boat traffic. We always go there when we cruise out of Port Everglades. Great if you have children as they can "feed the fish."

And those fish are tarpon which get big! Adults enjoy seeing them too.

Edited by capriccio

Looking for a recommendation for an informal, but family friendly seafood restaurant near our hotel. Preferably walking distance from the ES 17th street. Please for heavens sake no chain restaurants.

We like local places like you would find on "diners, drive-ins & dives"

Thanks ...

All restaurants in Fort Lauderdale cater to locals and tourists alike.

The best family seafood place you'd have to cab or Uber to and that is The Rustic Inn or Catfish Deweys.

I like Kellys Landing near your hotel much better than Southport Raw Bar.

Another vote for Kelly's. They also do take-out very well. Got in our hotel at 8:00 p.m.; ordered fried whole bellied clams, fried fish and a lobster roll; and picked it up in 15 minutes. They packed it perfectly with all of the needed trimmings and utensils. Place was packed with people waiting for tables. Walked right in, paid and left with some great New England seafood. Fish and clams were especially good.

Hope that helps. Paul