Touring a ship in port

denamo

"Ship Visits" are sometimes available for some ships at some ports. The best way to look into this is to email customer services at the cruise line usually a charge is payable but you get a lunch. Not sure if Princess do it though.

Regards John

We recently had a day on the Royal Caribbean ship Harmony of the Seas while in port in Ft Laud.

We were able to do this due to knowing someone that works for the cruise line. Not sure if it's the same for other cruise lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The BVE costs $39 and includes boarding photos for everyone in the BVE, lunch with wine, a self-tour or a guided tour of the ship and very early embarkation (after weddings and before Elite). The $39 will be applied as a credit if you book a cruise within 90 days of the BVE.

While you're on the ship, you can buy Future Cruise Deposits.

It's a sweet deal.

When you call Princess and ask for a BVE, if the rep doesn't know what you're talking about, hang up and call back.

We did a Bon Voyage Experience last month on the Regal after our cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It was a fun experience. I wanted to see the Regal before booking a cruise on it. Even if we don't book another cruise within the 90 days, I think it was worth it. If we do, all the better. I did not buy any additional future cruise credits since I had bought them on the CB cruise, but it is a great option for someone who hasn't just disembarked from another ship.

We foolishly ran out of FCD once. We booked a BVE on Grand Princess in SF and bought a couple more each while enjoying our afternoon. We got the cost back as we were planning another cruise anyway.

We also treated my son to a BVE as a thank you for driving us to the port one time. It was a great way for him to check out what a cruise ship is like.

We were on the very same BVE with Thrak for the same reasons. We needed an FCC.

On 1-24-17, we have a BVE scheduled on the Grand in San Francisco. This time we get to stay on the ship. We are treating a friend who has never been on a cruise ship. I can't wait, it should be great fun.

Cheers, Denise