Booking Next Cruise While on Cruise

Rebels82

We saved several thousand dollars by booking onboard. We received a lower cruise price, free pre-cruise tour, reduced deposits, extra $100 OBC. We also had a one-time change, if we needed to make one. Our TA received full credit. Best price guarantee. Plus a Friends and Family same deal and reduced deposits.

Visit the Club Ambassador while you are onboard. He/She will be more than happy to talk with you!!

• 2 months later...

We're on board the Marina now on the Feb 25th Tahiti cruise...Cruise is wonderful and all areas of service, food and entertainment exceptional.

We have reviewed the positives to booking a Future Deposit on board. Is there any downside to this?

Sounds like it's a no brainer... We have 2 years to book a cruise..$250 deposit. 100 OBC. In the event we don't take a cruise in 2 years can be refunded?

We bought the Future Cruise Deposit while onboard and it worked great! Oceania had not yet released the cruise we wanted, so we bought the credit and got the OBC. When the cruise was released our TA applied the credit and booked the cruise quickly. We are doing a PH on that cruise and they all went quickly! We got the half price deposit and low price guarantee same as booking it aboard ship. I think the system is a lot better than the old place holder cruise booking system!

The answer is probably no, but it doesn't hurt to ask. We are going on an O cruise in May. We also have O cruises booked in July, Oct and Nov. I know on Crystal you can get onboard booking discounts applied to previously booked cruises even though you didn't actually book them on a cruise. With O can you do the same thing or do you either have to actually book the cruise onboard or buy a FCC which would only be applicable on a future booking?

Like I said, I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask the question as I couldn't find the answer in some of the other threads I checked.

We didnt get any notices on our cruise in December. Do they always do this?

I was on your Cuba cruise in December and I received a list of upcoming cruises and the discount that applied if you booked on board. You should have received it along with the daily Currents.

The answer is probably no, but it doesn't hurt to ask. We are going on an O cruise in May. We also have O cruises booked in July, Oct and Nov. I know on Crystal you can get onboard booking discounts applied to previously booked cruises even though you didn't actually book them on a cruise. With O can you do the same thing or do you either have to actually book the cruise onboard or buy a FCC which would only be applicable on a future booking?

Like I said, I'm guessing not, but thought I'd ask the question as I couldn't find the answer in some of the other threads I checked.

Ken, actually you can. But, there are buts, there has to still be availability in your category, it may or may not be a cruise that has a discount for booking onboard. You only get it repriced, you don't get any OBC, nor do you get the best price guarantee.

There may also be changes in the Olife offerings, or cost on things like Premium air add on, or air credits. All these things frequently move around.

I would talk to your TA and the onboard future cruise consultant. Some are good, others:confused:

We saved several thousand dollars by booking onboard. We received a lower cruise price, free pre-cruise tour, reduced deposits, extra $100 OBC. We also had a one-time change, if we needed to make one. Our TA received full credit. Best price guarantee. Plus a Friends and Family same deal and reduced deposits.

Visit the Club Ambassador while you are onboard. He/She will be more than happy to talk with you!!

The pre- or post-cruise tour is not “free” but included as are so many ‘perks.’ I suspected as much when we booked last time we were onboard, and this was confirmed when we got a price reduction after we looked at the details of the tour and decided not to take it. In our case, it was a reduction of $800pp for the post-cruise; the pre-cruise tour, had we initially opted for that, would have been $1,200pp. Food for thought when making your booking decision. For us, we knew we could do three days on our own for less than the $1600 it would have cost us with O ... and since we prefer non-group touring anyway, it was an easy decision to drop the post-tour and use the saving to organize our own post-stay.

Ken, actually you can. But, there are buts, there has to still be availability in your category, it may or may not be a cruise that has a discount for booking onboard. You only get it repriced, you don't get any OBC, nor do you get the best price guarantee.

There may also be changes in the Olife offerings, or cost on things like Premium air add on, or air credits. All these things frequently move around.

I would talk to your TA and the onboard future cruise consultant. Some are good, others:confused:

Thanks ORV. We will definitely talk with the FCC while onboard and probably just pick up a future cruise credit while we're there and probably purchase a future cruise as well since the new Winter 2019/Spring 2020 itineraries should be out by then.

Thanks ORV. We will definitely talk with the FCC while onboard and probably just pick up a future cruise credit while we're there and probably purchase a future cruise as well since the new Winter 2019/Spring 2020 itineraries should be out by then.

It's definitely worth it to have your current booked cruises repriced if they fit the criteria.

Good problems to have.