Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

IMPORTANT FYI!!

I will be leaving for a Land Vacation on Sunday 6 June 2010 and will not be home again and on the computer until 14 June 2010.

Go ahead and send me your photos of the staterooms and questions and I will get them up as soon as I get back.

Joanie

Is cabin 5135 on the Westerdam ok? We are concerned about noise from below from the lounge.

What lounge? Cabin 5135 on the Westerdam is sandwiched between two decks of cabins.

Thank you I read the deck plan incorrectly, the cabins that were available were 4032 and 4033 and they are above the Vista Lounge. But we were looking at the 5135 and I realize now it is okay. Thank you again.

:confused: I noticed on Joanie's photos of the Greenhouse Spa and hydro therapy pool -- there are metal bars/railings along

the one wall of the pool --- is this where the jets are located ?? Looks similiar to the Celebrity Thallossomy

pool on the Summit which was heavenly.

:confused: I noticed on Joanie's photos of the Greenhouse Spa and hydro therapy pool -- there are metal bars/railings along

the one wall of the pool --- is this where the jets are located ??

There are jets there; there are jets along the other sides, too.

The bars form a lounger on which to relax while the jets work on you. It is delightful.

Follow that up with a snooze on the ceramic loungers and you will feel like molten Jello.

There are jets there; there are jets along the other sides, too.

The bars form a lounger on which to relax while the jets work on you. It is delightful.

Follow that up with a snooze on the ceramic loungers and you will feel like molten Jello.

:D :DThanks Ruthie --- Well, NOW I just may pay for the

month's pass. From the HAL website photos - the poll

didn't look all that big - but this is a definate possibility.

Thanks, again. :)

Joanie,

The zip file of stateroom photos from our May 30 Oosterdam cruise was too large to email, so I posted the file online and sent you the link to download it. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

alexandria

Joanie,

The zip file of stateroom photos from our May 30 Oosterdam cruise was too large to email, so I posted the file online and sent you the link to download it. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

alexandria

Thank you so very much!!! I have all the photos up and running along with some of your review on the HAL Staterooms/Cabins website now. What an awesome description you've give. You can literally see the room, the amenities and the service(s) (or lack thereof) in your review.

Thank you so very much!!

Joanie

After a quite a few inquiries lately regarding comparisons of staterooms and their sizes on various decks of the HAL Fleet, I have put together a new side by side comparison layout of all the Stateroom decks for each ship.

I think that it will make things easier for each of us.

<snip>

Thanks Joanie --

If it's not too much trouble, it would be really helpful to also have the decks below and above the cabin decks to easily see where you might expect noise (ie: lounges, pool area, etc)

Your site is a terrific resource... THANKS!!!

Ann

Thanks Joanie --

If it's not too much trouble, it would be really helpful to also have the decks below and above the cabin decks to easily see where you might expect noise (ie: lounges, pool area, etc)

Ann

Hi Ann,

I think I can swing that. It will take me a few days to get all the decks and place them on the site. They will most likely be under the MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS FROM THE ... Area, near the bottom of the ship pages.so you can compare those also. I have 5 stateroom/ships photos to get done in the nxt 2 or so days so want to get those done first.

Thanks for the idea!!

Hi, if I want to find out about a certain cabin do I ask it on here? Do I have to look at all of the pages to see if there are any photos of my choices? Thanks!

I have narrowed it down to VC5169, VB6153 and SY6115. Was interested in seeing some photos or if anyone had anything bad to say about any of them!

Thanks!

Joanie, I read on your cabin website that the newly added AFT cabins on the Rotterdam had some issues with plumbing. Does anyone here know if there is still a problem? Has it been fixed?

Does anyone have more pictures of the new AFT cabins?

Thank You.

Thanks Joanie --

Ann

Ann,

Thank you for the great idea!! I have them up and running now. Each ship (except the Prinsendam) has their stateroom deck layout and Public Access decks layout near the top of the page.

Thanks once more for the great idea!!

Joanie

Hi, if I want to find out about a certain cabin do I ask it on here? Do I have to look at all of the pages to see if there are any photos of my choices? Thanks!

I have narrowed it down to VC5169, VB6153 and SY6115. Was interested in seeing some photos or if anyone had anything bad to say about any of them!

Thanks!

mexico3, You can ask here or on the regular HAL Board. You can also check out the HAL Stateroom/Cabin Page for any of the ships here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

If you tell me which ship you have narrowed down the staterooms to, I may be able to help.....

Joanie

Joanie, I read on your cabin website that the newly added AFT cabins on the Rotterdam had some issues with plumbing. Does anyone here know if there is still a problem? Has it been fixed?

Does anyone have more pictures of the new AFT cabins?

Thank You.

tinkerme1,

I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but cannot. I believe that the problems will all have either been fixed by now or will be when you cruise. VUT, that is only my opinion....

The only photos I have from after dry dock are here http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Rotterdam/index.html Any that are from avter the dry dock will state that they are, such as A 7059 Verandah Suite Stateroom Deck 7 - Navigation Deck

Joanie

tinkerme1,

I wish I could give you a definitive answer, but cannot. I believe that the problems will all have either been fixed by now or will be when you cruise. VUT, that is only my opinion....

The only photos I have from after dry dock are here http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Rotterdam/index.html Any that are from avter the dry dock will state that they are, such as A 7059 Verandah Suite Stateroom Deck 7 - Navigation Deck

Joanie

Joanie, thank you again for your kind info. You're doing a great job!

Joanie, thank you again for your kind info. You're doing a great job!

I am trying, thank you very much!! I just wish I could give you a better answer, but... Also, please forgive my typos, I am on some pretyy heavy duty pain meds right now and duh, blondness and pain meds do not go well with me and keyboards:D I broke 4 ribs left side 2 days before we went on vacation:(

Joanie

Hi Joanie,

I was on your Hal stateroom site - and it is wonderful! Thank you for providing such an excellent service to all HAL cruisers.

While on the Veendam page, I saw photos for stateroom C323, which I believe may be mislabeled. The cabin is supposedly on the Lower Promenade Deck (6) and it's called an "Oceanview Stateroom" - but, it has a balcony. To my knowledge, there are no balcony staterooms on the promenade deck and, even if there were, I don't believe they would be called an Oceanview Stateroom... or be in category C.

Not sure if I am correct, but thought I would let you know just in case.

Thanks again for the excellent site. :)

Hi Joanie,

I was on your Hal stateroom site - and it is wonderful! Thank you for providing such an excellent service to all HAL cruisers.

While on the Veendam page, I saw photos for stateroom C323, which I believe may be mislabeled. The cabin is supposedly on the Lower Promenade Deck (6) and it's called an "Oceanview Stateroom" - but, it has a balcony. To my knowledge, there are no balcony staterooms on the promenade deck and, even if there were, I don't believe they would be called an Oceanview Stateroom... or be in category C.

Not sure if I am correct, but thought I would let you know just in case.

Thanks again for the excellent site. :)

Thank You Sailor!!

Actually this question popped up via email this past weekend via another CC member. Here is the same response I gave her:

OK, I think the problem is the description I got from the CC member PWatson. I agree with you that C323 is what appears to be now a Lanai Stateroom somewhat midship and not the aft as he describes. BUT, that said, I just noticed the date on the deck plan has July of 2009, which means it is from before the retrofitting and additional staterooms were added http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/Deck-6.jpg as are all the deck plans that I just downloaded and posted for the Veendam http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/Veendam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg. He sent me these photos after the retrofit and I think his description MIGHT be the correct version, but that is just me thinking....

Until I get more info..... This is one of the reasons I started the web site, so we can learn and physically see. I hope to get more photos and descriptions soon.

Joanie

By the way, another thing - on the Veendam, the Lower Promenade Deck is 3... its the Verandah Deck that is 6.

Once again, I need the CC members help. The deck plans from HAL are out dated 7/15/09 shows Lower Promenade Deck as Deck 6.... http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/Deck-6.jpg BUT the new deck plans I just uploaded in the last couple of weeks shows the correct decks http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Veendam/Veendam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg So, I will fix the decks to correspond correctly with my newly uploaded decks (even though they are dated the same) Lordy, this can be so confusing at times!!

Thank you for bringing these problems and inconsistencies to my attention!!!!

Joanie