Royal Caribbean 'Crystal Ship' model

C U Onboard

Are we speaking actual cruises here or cruise credits?

Although I'd think cruise credits since that's the way they calculate C&A status.

Credits.

Actual cruises - not credits

This is for you,Gina...:D

2144090570042692775S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture. I can hardly wait :rolleyes:.

Not to argue, but the 7 or so I have were always given on the basis on credits. To my knowledge, RCI does not track number of cruises.

Correct, it is definately CREDITS not Cruises, as we received ours on the ship whilst actually cruising for our 30th and 40th credit and will be on the Oasis for our 50th credit:D

I'm only going by what the UK loyalty desk told me. Perhaps it works differently on your side of the pond.

Or perhaps UK customer service works like U.S. customer service. You have to keep calling until someone gives you the answer that you are looking for. Call enough times and it will happen!:D

• 5 years later...
What is a credit and what is a point? We have 52 cruise points, how many credits is that? Our cruise history lists each cruise as credits earned but our total is in points. We've never seen a gift of any kind from RCCL.

A cruise credit was the old way Royal kept track of your loyalty level. Cruise credits got converted to cruise points on Jan 2011. Cruise credits are no longer used.

Found this on another thread:

You get your first glass block at 140 points - on the ship that you earned it on.

You become Diamond at 80 points and you become Diamond Plus at 175 points.

You get your second glass block at 210 points.

You earn a glass block every 70 points. You should get it on the ship that you earned it on.

We are taking our first cruise as Diamonds in August. Guess I will have to wait quite a while for one of these.

Never knew about glass blocks.....now I do!

Seems I should have one some cruises ago!

Wonder what ship will be engraved? :D

Starting in 2011, the formula for when you get the crystal blocks changed from credits to points. They are now given out starting at 140 and every 70 points thereafter, so you'd need to figure out what ship you were on when you hit 140 points and ask C&A for that block.