JOS misses Grandcayman yesterday

apk1389

Grand Caymen is certainly a tender port! Probably just too rough. It's not unusual at all to have to skip this port because of rough seas. Once our cruise did try to tender and called it off as the seas were banging the tenders around so badly that it was dangerous to try to get from the ship onto the tenders.

my bad everybody I have not been to grandcayaman in at least ten years and ALl i was going by is the RCCL website saying it docks.. This site should be a site to help not bash someone

I looked at RC's website:

1. If you look at the Itineraries they show Grand Cayman as Tendered

2. Download Port and Shipping Map - Shows Royal Watler TENDER Pier in the section that talks about Getting Around 123

Where did RC give you the impression that they dock at a pier? ;):D

I looked at RC's website:

1. If you look at the Itineraries they show Grand Cayman as Tendered

2. Download Port and Shipping Map - Shows Royal Watler TENDER Pier in the section that talks about Getting Around 123

Where did RC give you the impression that they dock at a pier? ;):D

look up the JOS on Dec 21, Apk is right is says DOCKED

look up the JOS on Dec 21, Apk is right is says DOCKED

Looking at the port information would have alerted Apk that there was a discrepancy on docked/tender issue. :rolleyes:

Being the research geek I am I would have known immediately that there was an error. Just perusing cruisecritic alone and seeing recent threads on tendering questions on GC might might have raised questions. :p

Looking at the port information would have alerted Apk that there was a discrepancy on docked/tender issue. :rolleyes:

Being the research geek I am I would have known immediately that there was an error. Just perusing cruisecritic alone and seeing recent threads on tendering questions on GC might might have raised questions. :p

It is very sad that what should be the ultimate source for answers with your cruise is so inaccurate.

grand cayman is a docking port not a tendering port so i do not know if that is valid

Even though Apk has admitted his or her error, the fact is that even ten years ago Grand Cayman was a tendering port, so his or her memory of that visit ten years ago is seriously flawed. How or why the JOS has the incorrect information is a puzzlement.

Sandi and I don't have a dog in this fight except our third cruise will begin on 1 Feb '10 on the Jewel out of Miami. It is scheduled for a stop at Grand Cayman and we will get off the ship unless the only alternative is to swim to shore. Our question is if Grand Cayman is skipped will it be another day at sea or is Key West an alternate stop?

If the itinerary incorrectly showed that the Jewel docked there and I had never BEEN there, I certainly would NOT take the time to "double check" RCCL's accuracy.

Sandi and I don't have a dog in this fight except our third cruise will begin on 1 Feb '10 on the Jewel out of Miami. It is scheduled for a stop at Grand Cayman and we will get off the ship unless the only alternative is to swim to shore. Our question is if Grand Cayman is skipped will it be another day at sea or is Key West an alternate stop?
One never knows for sure, but generally when ports are missed it's just an added sea day.

Archived