What's your favorite class?

My wife and I just booked on the March 8 sailing of the Navigator out of Miami. We've never sailed on the Voyager class before. With each of our cruises in the past we've tried out most of the others:

Sovereign of the Seas

Majesty of the Seas

Jewel of the Seas

Liberty of the Seas

Since we've already sailed on Liberty, is there anything I'll be surprised with on the Navigator? Do you have a favorite class and what's everyone's opinion on the Voyager class? Just curious as we're getting psyched up for the March sailing!

While each class has its positives and negatives overall we have enjoyed all our cruises on RCI regardless of the class of ship we were sailing on. Overall, however, I think that the Radiance class is our favorite because of its size, its solarium with a retractable roof, and its general layout. However I would never turn down an opportunity to sail on any of the other ships in the fleet and was very favorably impressed with the Oasis when we had a chance to sail on her last November.:)

I have to echo the comments above. The Radiance Class is by far my favorite class of RCI ships. I have loved every RCI ship I have been on, but there is something about the design and size of the Radiance class that really seems "right."

Eric

I think this depends on what you are looking for. I have been on every class except Oasis (and I must say as beautiful as it looks, I will likely wait another year or two to sail on her). Sometimes I get wrapped up in all the activities, etc. and tend not to relax enough. If traveling with kids I personally think Voyager Class and up is best. However I love the Radiance class as well. I found they have the best views from public spaces and I love the outside window elevators. The southern carib route on the Serenade is still one of my personal favorites to date.

I did love the Freedom Ship but at that point it did feel very crowded and almost a little too big. Even though it was amazing and I had the best stateroom I have ever had, it was also at the bottom of my review list because of the passenger conduct the week we went. For whatever reason their were so many crabby rude people that week....maybe because the weather was bad? If I was traveling with kids then it is our first preference and then Voyager after that.

What I love about Voyager class is it is pretty much a happy medium. I love the Promenade with the cafe and wine bar, etc. The Mariner was fantastic and would go again anytime I could. They also offer all the fun activities for kids.

But at the end of the day a cruise is a cruise and I have loved all of the RCCL ships including the Monarch which is the oldest in the fleet.

Navigator of the Seas is one of my favorite ships...

I used to have a favorite class ship...but lately it really is the individual ships and the crew on board. NOS has a fabulous crew and the ship itself is beautiful, just no fun zone, no diamond lounge and whirlpool spas that jet out from the ship. Everything else is about the same only a wee pit smaller. You will love your trip.

Rev

I would have to say the Voyager class is my favorite. We will be sailing on the Freedom this coming June.

I really enjoy the Voyager class over the Radiance Class because it has more to do for the teens and I really just like the feel. Not too big and not too small.

Maybe the Freedom will change my mind?

Tigers2425

Radiance class

Vision class

Sovereign class

then way far down the list Voyager class tied with Freedom class

never Oasis class

I might have agreed with you until we had the opportunity to sail on Oasis. Radiance class remains our favorite and we are really looking forward to cruising Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas, but untill you have sailed on the Oasis, I recommend that you withhold final judgment. We had reservations about whether or not she would be the right ship for us, but most, if not all of those reservations, were wiped away during the two nights we were on her.

Radiance class

Vision class

Sovereign class

then way far down the list Voyager class tied with Freedom class

never Oasis class

I'm in total agreement. I'm trying Celebrity for our next cruise since RCCL seems to have decided to send most of the Radiance and Vision class ships away from the US home ports. We tried Voyager class once and didn't care for it. I have no desire to sail on what to me resembles more of a shopping mall than a ship.

We finally cruised a Radiance class last year and I have to say, it's a wonderful class of ship. Not too large, well laid out, love the solarium.

We cruised on Mariner this past Christmas and will again in April, not real sure I like it all that well. But will hold over making final decision after April, we were with a larger group of people in December and in April it's just the husband and I. We tend to see a lot more of the ship when we sail alone.

We were on the Radiance back in 2006 and found that it was our favorite ... we will be back on her in October for a 7 day when she comes back to Florida.

I hope we enjoy the ship as much as we did the first time .... I made some lovely lasting friendships on that sailing :) Jan

I like the Voyager class the best. But the others that said it depends on what you are looking for. If you want to relax not really be too impressed but have a good time the older smaller ships are good for. The itineraries for are more exotic for the Radiance, Vision and Sovereign class ships. If you like to party and an upbeat atmosphere try Voyager or Freedom class ships. Just my opinion hope this helps.

Archived