Voyager Class, D1 aft #1690 vs, E1 aft #9692

D1 Cabin $330 more for the cabin then the E1.

Is #1690 worth $330 more then the E1?

I know the D1 cabin inside is about 15 square ft, Larger then the E1

Not sure about the balconies sizes though?

Anyone stayed in both cabins before?

Jimbo:)

We had 9692 on the Adventure last year and it was HUGE. Two loungers, two chairs and a table with plenty of room to move around. 1690 might be a little bit bigger but I would save the $300 and take 9692. You won't be disappointed.

I ditto that. Unless you can get the wraps 1388 or 1688 which are twice the size, almost junior suite size and bigger balcony. 9692 is the same as our 8692 and we loved it, but small room. E1s aft are best kept secret...lower price same size everything as the D1s with the exception of the wraps.:D

We had 1690 on the Mariner and LOVED it! The balcony was HUGE!! We did a cabin crawl and everyone thought we should have the balcony party!! It just depends if you want deck 9 or 10 and if you want to save some money for other things:). I think if you search, Bonnie Voyager has pictures.

Here is the link:

http://www.voyager-class.com/virtual...balconies.html

You will have a much larger cabin with 1690. Both it and 1390 are about 4 ft. longer than regular D1 cabins. It is quite noticable. And of course the balcony is huge with a wake view. The higher the deck the less superstructure is noticable.

It would definitely be worth the extra money to me. 1390/1690 are our favourite cabins , longer than a regular D1 with the best balconies on the ship.

Also on deck 10 there is no structure in your eyeline and the balconies are not overlooked unlike deck 9.

Julie

I would go with the cheaper cabin if there are only two of you. If there are more than two, I would go with the D1. We have sailed twice in 1688 which is a wider cabin, large balcony but not as large as 1690. The balcony on 1690 is huge and more private than 9692.

Look over the pictures on the link that has been posted. It shows you exactly what you will have. It isn't like you are trying to get a wraparound since Voyager class does not have wrap around balconies like other classes do. It is really a toss up in my opinion. Good luck whatever you decide.

Jimbo where in NJ are you? Which ship are you sailing on? I would go with 1690. You will get a great view when you look out to the sea! I will try to get a pic of us with the view in the back ground! I am trying to convince you!!!!!!:D

Real problem now, I was able to grab this morning a corner aft on deck 7...7388, 7688.....They are both E1's. Leaning toward one of them now.

Saving the $300 plus a super large balcony.

Help !!

Real problem now, I was able to grab this morning a corner aft on deck 7...7388, 7688.....They are both E1's. Leaning toward one of them now.

Help !!

Until I saw this message, I was going to say that although 9692 has the same size balcony, it has 'no cover' to speak of...and to grab 1690 in a heartbeat. Stayed in 1690 on Mariner in February.

But now I would say grab the corner aft on 7. I have never been able to get that balcony.

Dave

Help !!

Excellent! We are in 7388 for November on Voyager. Here are Bonnie Voyagers pics of the balcony:

5v20s0.jpg

bi3szr.jpg

Archived