All Things Adventure of the Seas ¡Olé! Edition

when we boarded in france after a few hours ashore we had soft drink eg fizzy orange large bottle of water (sealed) and a small bottle ??? the security man asked to look at the large bot of water, cracked the seal smelt it and asked if he could taste it to which he did, says allot for American security then said i could go, yep! he forgot the small bot. so yes soft drink is ok. Oh yes at disembarkation I saw the same man and told him he forgot the small bot, opps not a happy bunny. Have a nice day!!

He tasted it? Took a swig from the bottle?!!! Good grief, that's dedication!

We've sailed with RCL from the Med on 3 occasions and every time they spoke in only 2 languages - English and the language of the country from which they'd sailed.

This has been my experience too. Last year we sailed from Venice with RC and announcements were only in Italian and English. As for there being the 'league of nations' aboard the ship- if you take a cruise in Europe you are going to get many nationalities onboard - this to me is one of the charms of a European cruise to get a chance to mingle with people from different countries.

As for there being the 'league of nations' aboard the ship- if you take a cruise in Europe you are going to get many nationalities onboard - this to me is one of the charms of a European cruise to get a chance to mingle with people from different countries.

Quite ;) - a bit like people who travel to another country and then complain that hardly anyone speaks English :rolleyes:

This thread's been awfully quiet the last couple of days. Are we not sufficiently excited about going on the Adventure?!

Scary tidbit: hubby got a call from someone at RCI who said we were two weeks late for our cruise payment. He didn't know what to say cause he lets me handle these things. Thankfully I arrived just in the nick of time to have the guy explain to me that payments are not automatic, I was supposed to call them back to give them the credit card number again.

WHAAAAT???? On Carnival once you book the cruise with a credit card they will spread the payments out over time, but they help themselves! Only reason you'd ever hear back from them is if your card expires in the meantime. Guy said they don't do that at RCI, they've had too much trouble with it. How? You book a cruise, they take the money, sounds normal to me.

Dodged that bullet, the room was reserved anyway and I just gave him the final payment right there and then, but I was really surprised by it.

Pet peeve alert: the man who called us sounded very very Indian but he insisted he was calling from Florida. Nothing against him but against corporations that will do anything to save a buck. Is RCI customer service really located in Florida or did they move it to India?

This thread's been awfully quiet the last couple of days. Are we not sufficiently excited about going on the Adventure?!

Scary tidbit: hubby got a call from someone at RCI who said we were two weeks late for our cruise payment. He didn't know what to say cause he lets me handle these things. Thankfully I arrived just in the nick of time to have the guy explain to me that payments are not automatic, I was supposed to call them back to give them the credit card number again.

WHAAAAT???? On Carnival once you book the cruise with a credit card they will spread the payments out over time, but they help themselves! Only reason you'd ever hear back from them is if your card expires in the meantime. Guy said they don't do that at RCI, they've had too much trouble with it. How? You book a cruise, they take the money, sounds normal to me.

Dodged that bullet, the room was reserved anyway and I just gave him the final payment right there and then, but I was really surprised by it.

Pet peeve alert: the man who called us sounded very very Indian but he insisted he was calling from Florida. Nothing against him but against corporations that will do anything to save a buck. Is RCI customer service really located in Florida or did they move it to India?

Not sure where RCI customer service is based as whenever I call the UK office I get someone in the UK.

As for the payment process, I've never heard of providing a credit card details and payments being taken over a period of time unless a 'direct debit' agreement is put in place. No way I'd let a company have my details to help themselves.

Not sure where RCI customer service is based as whenever I call the UK office I get someone in the UK.

As for the payment process, I've never heard of providing a credit card details and payments being taken over a period of time unless a 'direct debit' agreement is put in place. No way I'd let a company have my details to help themselves.

We made our reservation through the American number since we have US passports, address, credit cards, etc.

You must not be the only who feels like you don't like them "helping themselves" because they changed the policy! I don't see anything wrong with it unless they take money they're not supposed to, but that's not the case here. I gave them a down payment with the understanding that the full amount was due later. No surprise there for me I guess.

I haven't posted for a couple of days as I am now in Calgary, Canada. Had a horrible jouney, thanks to the BA cabin crew strikers. It took 19 hours, door to door but never mind, we are here now with our son and his lovely wife. I will read this thread but may not post much for the next 3 weeks.

Have fun, Corinne

P

I can't remember how I got on this thread:rolleyes: but I don't have a cruise planned on Adventure. However, I know you will all have a great time!

I can't remember how I got on this thread:rolleyes: but I don't have a cruise planned on Adventure. However, I know you will all have a great time!

It's OK Truffles, I'm sure you'll cruise the Adventure soon enough seeing your rap sheet! What's your favorite thing to do right as you arrive on the ship?

Makes sense! Anything in particular or just the WJ in general? What else is open besides the WJ on embarkation day?

WJ was open from 11:00 am to 3:30 pm on day 1, also Johnny Rockets from 11:30 am - 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm to midnight, and Cafe Promenade. All venues and bars closed from 3:30 pm until the Guest Assembly Drill is complete.

First job even before WJ was reserving table in Portofino and purchasing the 'Wine & Dine' package!

First job even before WJ was reserving table in Portofino and purchasing the 'Wine & Dine' package!

That's exactly what we'll be doing since we can't prebook them online. I imagine quite a line will build up at Portofino. We're on Voyager a month before we're on Adventure and have already decided to try the wine pairing on Voyager.

First thing after that will be to get a nice cold drink and soak up some sun :D

We made our reservation through the American number since we have US passports, address, credit cards, etc.

You must not be the only who feels like you don't like them "helping themselves" because they changed the policy! I don't see anything wrong with it unless they take money they're not supposed to, but that's not the case here. I gave them a down payment with the understanding that the full amount was due later. No surprise there for me I guess.

Hello,

I live in the US and they are located in Miami, FL. They have been for a very long time!

On this occasion we didn't mind the nationalities as I speak French and Italian the problem was that the entertainment side was a struggle and that the different sense of humour which was demonstrated by the entertainer on the first night.

Discovery I agree that the comedians struggle a bit when it comes to having different nationalities onboard due to the language barrier and the different senses of humour but that is the only negative I can think of.

Well, we cruised AOS out of Barcelona on 29 May and we had a VERY bad experience. But we love Barcelona. We've been there 5 or 6 times so if anyone wants ideas of what to do there, we'll be happy to help you.

Sorry to hear that Sunshine, would love to get more details if you're up to sharing.

Archived