No more price drops for RC?

*For cruises within penalty periods only. For cruises outside of penalty, Travel Agents or Guests may cancel and rebook at the lower rate if all qualifications of the new fare are met. Lower rates must be fares available to the general public that are publicly advertised by Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises or Royal Caribbean International.

I wonder how this will affect those who've booked onboard or made a booking with a next cruise certificate? Normally if you cancel one of those bookings you lose the OBC.

Just in case anyone else has read this thread with dismay and confusion like I did....

I just spoke with a C&A rep. This policy only applies to cruises booked during special promotions, like the WOW sale. Otherwise, all price reductions and discounts (military, residency, senior, L/E) are still honored as usual.

Just in case anyone else has read this thread with dismay and confusion like I did....

I just spoke with a C&A rep. This policy only applies to cruises booked during special promotions, like the WOW sale. Otherwise, all price reductions and discounts (military, residency, senior, L/E) are still honored as usual.

I won't believe it until I see it in writing.

The problem Paul is............according to the C&A rep you just talked to.......the next rep or tomorrow might be a different story. Nobody doubts what they told you........it just isn't consistent from one rep to the next rep.

I went into the FAQ online and found this. The new and more restrictive policy does not apply to bookings prior to today. That is a positive for many of us!

Q: Which reservations are eligible for Royal Caribbean's Best Price Guarantee Program?

A: New individual reservations made as of May 17, 2010.

The problem Paul is............according to the C&A rep you just talked to.......the next rep or tomorrow might be a different story. Nobody doubts what they told you........it just isn't consistent from one rep to the next rep.

Yea, I know. I guess I'm just optimistic. I wish I would have cut and pasted the conversation (I did the online chat). She was savvy to the internet rumors.

Yea, I know. I guess I'm just optimistic. I wish I would have cut and pasted the conversation (I did the online chat). She was savvy to the internet rumors.

Optimistic is good for me:D That's something we can all agree on.......without a phone call.......LOL!!

OK, 9 pages into this, I came here to see if you guys saw THIS, so sorry if you already pointed this out, it was the disclaimer at the bottom of the statement released by the RCI DSMs today...

*For cruises within penalty periods only. For cruises outside of penalty, Travel Agents or Guests may cancel and rebook at the lower rate if all qualifications of the new fare are met. Lower rates must be fares available to the general public that are publicly advertised by Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises or Royal Caribbean International.

As you know, at Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International, a top priority is finding ways to offer products and policies that make it easy for you to match your clients with unforgettable cruise vacations. One way to do that is to ensure that we are giving you and your clients the security of knowing that when booking a cruise vacation with us, you can receive our best price.

Why should you even have to cancel and rebook. It saves everyone a lot of work to just call and get the price reduction.

As for the rest of it, I really hate it when companies try to put a positive spin on something that is clearly inferior to what is being replaced. It comes across as them implying that people are too stupid to figure out what is happening. It is annoying at best and insulting at worst. If they were set on everyone receiving the best price there would be no need for this new policy and countless new threads about the WOW sale would still be popping up instead of our attention being spent on this thread.

It appears that this new policy is even confusing to the C&A employees. I have just spoken to 2 different C&A Employees.

This is what I was told:

Any cruises booked before today (5-17-2010) are not subject to the new rules. If you have a cruise booked prior to today and the price drops, either before or after final payment, the price drop will be honored.

Cruises booked after today: If you book a cruise and the price goes down BEFORE final payment the price drop WILL be honored. However, if the price dropped after final payment, you will no longer get the price reduction.

Thie 48 hour thing: 1) If you book a cruise that is in the final payment timeframe and the price dropped you do not get the price reduction. 2) If you book a cruise and the price goes down within 48 hours of booking you can fill out the form and get the reduction plus 10%.

I hope my explanation helps.

Why should you even have to cancel and rebook. It saves everyone a lot of work to just call and get the price reduction.

As for the rest of it, I really hate it when companies try to put a positive spin on something that is clearly inferior to what is being replaced. It comes across as them implying that people are too stupid to figure out what is happening. It is annoying at best and insulting at worst. If they were set on everyone receiving the best price there would be no need for this new policy and countless new threads about the WOW sale would stillbe popping up instead of our attention being spent on this thread.

I think you may have hit the proverbial nail SQUARELY ON THE HEAD!!

If that were the case it would make more sense to AVOID booking during a WOW sale. All it would take to break even on a 7 night cruise would be a future $50.00 price reduction per person. I would rather take my chances on that happening rather than take the $100.00 OBC per cabin up front.

I just called to inquire about this myself... I spoke with Henry who told me the first 48 hours, you get the 110% difference (so the extra 10% is a bonus). Between 48 hours and final payment, they ARE still honoring price drops for either OBC or room upgrade. After final payment, they are only offering room upgrades. Huge sigh of relief!!!

How did you find the link for the online chat? I tried finding it this morning, but couldn't find it.

It is annoying at best and insulting at worst. If they were set on everyone receiving the best price there would be no need for this new policy and countless new threads about the WOW sale would still be popping up instead of our attention being spent on this thread.

Exactly, it insults our intelligence. Heyyyyy, we have this great new program that protects the price. Oh wait, we already had that program. This is a NEW program -- let's confuse the masses with vague rules that no one understands. Yeahhhh let's go with that! Type it up and send it out right away! :rolleyes:

It appears that this new policy is even confusing to the C&A employees. I have just spoken to 2 different C&A Employees.

This is what I was told:

Any cruises booked before today (5-17-2010) are not subject to the new rules. If you have a cruise booked prior to today and the price drops, either before or after final payment, the price drop will be honored.

Cruises booked after today: If you book a cruise and the price goes down BEFORE final payment the price drop WILL be honored. However, if the price dropped after final payment, you will no longer get the price reduction.

Thie 48 hour thing: 1) If you book a cruise that is in the final payment timeframe and the price dropped you do not get the price reduction. 2) If you book a cruise and the price goes down within 48 hours of booking you can fill out the form and get the reduction plus 10%.

Yep, this is the same thing that I was told.

I think it's the 48 hours thing that has everybody confused. Since we book so far in advance, as long as they will honor price reductions up to final payment.............we are happy.:D

Sounds good! Thanks for checking for us all! I got a price drop last week and hope to get more before our 2/26/2011 cruise on the Serenade of the Seas sails.

I just called C&A D+ desk and talked with Shirley who was very knowledgeable about the new program. When I asked her if she had received many calls about the new program I was told I was her first. I told her to be prepared.:D

This what she told me............any cruise booked prior to 5/17/2010 will be grandfathered in and eligible for any price reductions if they become available for your particular cruise.

Patti we book far in advance too.......but sooner or later.......well actually starting today.......the rules MAY HAVE changed......it will affect us all with our next booking........WHATEVER the rules have changed to in reality.

Heck I like to think I'm pretty smart, understand why business decisions are made, a college graduate and I still have a hard time understanding exactly what they have done........:rolleyes: and you know, it sounds like depending on the rep you talk to, they are just as confused.:)

I just called to inquire about this myself... I spoke with Henry who told me the first 48 hours, you get the 110% difference (so the extra 10% is a bonus). Between 48 hours and final payment, they ARE still honoring price drops for either OBC or room upgrade. After final payment, they are only offering room upgrades. Huge sigh of relief!!!

I hope this is right!

I 2) If you book a cruise and the price goes down within 48 hours of booking you can fill out the form and get the reduction plus 10%.

But according to their rules, the price reduction has to be available when they review the request form, which can be up to 48 hours after submission.

How many times have we seen price drops, and then went through the process of showing the price drop to a T/A or RCI direct. Now they will have to receive the form, find the price drop, then allow the credit. With this theory, they could include the Tuesday sales in the promotion, then not check their inbox until Thursday night, when they would be long gone, like any other short term price drop.

For cruise reservations booked on or after May 17, 2010.

NO price drop adjustments of any kind after the final payment due date?

Hey Jimbo..........there you go trying to insert logic:D The guy that makes $120,000 a year hadn't thought that up yet...........:)

I think maybe they are getting ready to introduce some rates where deposits are not refundable, it has already been done with CCL. This would tie you into that rate due to the costs of cancelling and rebooking, and as this strategy came out first it may make it more acceptable.

This move is likey to be part of a larger strategy, .... not a critisism; it may not be bad as we do not know the entire game plan yet.

From what is written, it really appears that they are throwing out all the old price guarantee and replacing it with the "new, improved:mad:" one. I really hope that someone in management can find a competent linguist to post a clear description of what is actually going on.

Archived