New Luggage anyone?

Has anyone bought new luggage and love it? Please share your thoughts as we are looking to replace our old stuff.

51012285-260x260-0-0_Samsonite+Samsonite+A67009066+450+Series+Sahora+Br.jpg

This is what we bought about 3-4 years ago. It is Samsonite and called Sahora Brights. Not sure if they still make it but we love the luggage. It is VERY EASY to spot, it takes a beating and it cleans up well. This is the best luggage we have owned.

I would recommend this colour as it stands out in a crowd. Whatever luggage you buy get something that is very easy to spot.

I recommend the Ricardo brand of luggage. It is 22 denier, tough and long lasting, also has extra removable compartments inside for toiletries and a separate garment section with hanging tabs. I've had mine over 8 years and it's as good as new. Just bought my DH a new set including carry on. I have a hot pink flamingo luggage tag on it to identify it on the carousel, very easy to spot. Oh, BTW, this luggage comes with a 15 year warranty which was the incentive behind my purchase. :)

If you are planning to fly, get the strongest yet lightest-weight luggage you can.

The luggage we purchased three years ago was Briggs & Reilly's Transend Collection which we absolutely love. The luggage has a lifetime guarantee and will be repaired/replaced for no charge no matter what/who caused the damage.

We each have the 21" expandable upright carry-on, a 29" expandable upright and a 29" rolling duffel that is checked. It is lightweight and we have never had a problem being overweight. It's an investment, but it was the guarantee that sold us.

We have your simple largest they make, pretty much any brand that feels sturdy. We dont fly much. We really only cruise and 99%leave from ports closeby. DD is boarding a plane this Wednesday, I made her pack duct tape just in case. I guess I dont have much faith in flying any more! lol I would like to someday have nice looking luggage though :cool:. Yes, I know, that does sound ridiculous! lol

My hubby travels for a living & is gone 2-3 weeks out of every month.

In his working career of 24 years, he has bought only 2 sets of luggage & both of them have been from Lands End. Actually, he only bought the 1st set, then when the zipper broke on it...he returned it to them & they sent him a brand new one. In case you did now know, Land's End is the only company that has ( and holds up to) a 100% guarantee of return, with no questions asked & no time frames!!!

I have two new pieces that I love: One is a 32" High Sierra rolling duffel, and the other is a 21" Rick Steves Roll-About rolling carry-on bag. I do not remember which website I purchased the duffel bag from (you could do a google search), but I got the Rick Steves bag from http://www.ebags.com. It also comes in a 24" and 26" pullman. If I ever have to replace either of my duffels, I'd buy the larger Rick Steves pieces in a heartbeat. Very lightweight and very well designed.

Check out the Eagle Creek line of luggage. It is lightweight, durable and has a No Matter What - Lifetime Warranty on the Exploration System and HC2 Hovercraft lines.

We have the Eagle Creek tarmac which is part of the Exploration System series and just love it. Just bought our second 21 inch since we are doing carry on whenever possible.

In relation to luggage, there has been a lot of talk about e-bags, so I purchased some. They are nice and really do hold a lot and keeps things from being wrinkled.

I am embarrassed about our luggage, while its in good shape, nothing matches cause we would replace as we go along. Some day we will get a whole matching set, just not today! :D

Started with a 25 inch Eagle Creek. DH broke one of the interior zippers (something was caught and he yanked instead of 'clearing' the jam). We took it back and it was fixed no questions asked - mailed back to us no charge for shipping. We bought a 28 inch for overseas travel. I found a 21 incher a couple of months ago at TJMaxx - great price. It takes a bit of practice packing these softsided bags - but they are very light weight which helps with the airline restrictions. I like to keep things on hangers in drycleaning plastic bags. I bought EBags packing cubes to help keep small things organized.

Check out the 'insides'. I prefer the type without the 'shoe box'.

Thanks everyone-you've given me lots to research. We are flying this time so thought it would be good to have something durable as I know bags get some abuse loading and unloading. Thanks again!

I'm looking for a new under-seat carry-on. Spirit's new policy allows one US piece (free) which is 16x14x10. Those measurements are very hard to find but I'm still looking so I can take full advantage of the space in that 1 piece of luggage. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We've used Travel Pro for years. We purchased it deeply discounted at Marshall's. We stick to the more expensive brands as there there nothing worse than a broken handle or a wheel that falls off. (One of the network shows rated luggage from Wal-Mart, Target, etc. Maybe an online search will bring up the report.) Now we've switched to Samsonite Spinners as I read such good comments on this board. For carry-on, the 20" is great as I can roll it in front of me going as it goes sideways. We've just returned from a 5-day trip and it held everything I needed. (X'ion 2) And, here's a link to the 16" which fits under the seat. X'ion 2 is discontinued and the 16" are few and far between. This online site still has a few pieces. http://www.lazarsluggage.com/saxwhsptobag.html I was at TJMaxx over the weekend and found Samsonite spinners for a friend in the 20" and also the 24". It's not X'ion but almost identical. X'ion is lightweight and has a rounded top. It's held for for 3 years and going strong!

We bought the rolling duffle bags from LL Bean.

Life time warranty, easy to squeeze stuff into a soft suitcase and the color choices are great......we got something easy to spot on the conveyor!

Dorsey Helium

Inexpensive

ultralight so my GF can carry a couple extra pair of shoes

and well made so far 2 years and still working and looking good

at least 10 plane RT and 4 cruises

Archived