I Found a Treasure.......

sail7seas

This will seem silly to some people but others might understand. :o

DH and I both save our boarding/ID cards from all our HAL cruises. Our next cruise will be our 70th and after getting a printout from Mariners confirming I had the count right, I counted out the ID cards we both had in our 'stack'. DH has 69. I only have 68. :( Where could the missing card be? I was about to compare his to mine to determine which was missing.

I had put some luggage at the curb for trash to take away a few months ago and one of my neighbors asked me to give her any luggage I wanted to dispose of. She brings it to a homeless shelter and some of their clients really seek a large bag on wheels they can put their few possessions in and roll along with them.

A few minutes ago, I went to my attic to look for more luggage to give her and brought down a few bags that are now too heavy for us now that we are older and the airline weight restrictions. Before bringing them to her house, I checked the interior and pockets to remove any ID and WHAT DID I FIND????? There was my ID card from ms Zaandam, Voyage #5710, February 22, 2002 and MY name on it. Here is my missing card.

I know...... silly, but meaningful to me. :) DH and I both now have a complete set.

Sail--it's not silly at all, IMO.

Each card represents a memory of a wonderful experience, much like a scrapbook. I am glad that you found that missing card. :)

I have kept all of my cruise cards, too.

Enjoy the moments!

Thanks all for understanding. It is meaningful to me. :)

How wonderful! Good for you. We, also, keep all our cards ... up to one each so far.:) 37 days until the second ones.:D

Maybe we'll get to 70 one day.

You ought to get a special book to hold your treasure. (JMHO)

Judy, glad you found the missing card. At least it wasn't a passport tucked away in that luggage in the attic.

:D Carol...... I promise you I thought of the Passport thread when I found the card. :eek: I think the passport is more replaceable than the cruise ID. I doubt there's anyway to get one recreated.

Thanks everyone for understand my pleasure at finding it.

Maybe because I was doing a good deed looking for luggage I could donate to the homeless shelter. :shurg:

Along this same theme, I was cleaning out a drawer and found an activity sheet from a cruise in the early 80s. It listed as the show for embarkation day a time to get to know the staff and a sing along. As I remember, the sing along was such fun. Of course that was back in the days when they still had passenger talent shows. Such wonderful memories to relive.

Archived