C&A Called! Free Upgrade fm JS to OS

It really does happen!!!!!:D:D:D

I received a call today from C&A for a FREE upgrade from my very special, long reserved corner aft JS on Grandeur of the Seas repositioning cruise Nov 1 to Owners Suite!:):)

We're newly Diamond and we love our corner aft balconies - suites are a bit out of our budget so we were very excited with our decision to go with the JS this cruise. But now, we get an Owner's Suite! And really, we didn't pay much for this cruise - I really monitored this closely for any price drops - and used a lot of Visa points. I almost (almost!!!!) feel guilty!:o

I am soooo happy and so grateful to RCI. Thankyou Thankyou! My B-Day was yesterday so this was the best present ever! I'm thinking we are going to spend more onboard than we normally do just to show our appreciation.

I'm not going to tell my hubby - I can't wait to see his face - surprise!!!

So I get concierge services with this room??? I'm trying to figure out what you use a concierge for on the Grandeur where there is no ice rink or specialty dining (and thus no reservations required)?

I only have a week to get used to this wonderful room change and all the new (to us) amenities that come with it!!! Please tell me all I need to know so that I can take full advantage of this wonderful, wonderful opportunity!!!!

It really does happen!!!!!:D

I received a call today from C&A for a FREE upgrade from my very special, long reserved corner aft JS on Grandeur of the Seas repositioning cruise Nov 1 to Owners Suite!:):)

We're newly Diamond and we love our corner aft balconies - suites are a bit out of our budget so we were very excited with our decision to go with the JS this cruise. But now, we get an Owner's Suite! And really, we didn't pay much for this cruise - I really monitored this closely for any price drops - and used a lot of Visa points. I almost (almost!!!!) feel guilty!:o

I am soooo happy and so grateful to RCI. Thankyou Thankyou! My B-Day was yesterday so this was the best present ever! I'm thinking we are going to spend more onboard than we normally do just to show our appreciation.

I'm not going to tell my hubby - I can't wait to see his face - surprise!!!

So I get concierge services with this room??? I'm trying to figure out what you use a concierge for on the Grandeur where there is no ice rink or specialty dining (and thus no reservations required)?

I only have a week to get used to this wonderful room change and all the new (to us) amenities that come with it!!! Please tell me all I need to know so that I can take full advantage of this wonderful, wonderful opportunity!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!

No Concierge Lounge, so no Concierge, on the Grandeur. Sorry. :(

But congratulations on getting that great upgrade! :)

I remember reading that Grandeur's library had been converted to a Concierge Lounge a couple of months ago.

I did a search. See this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1248043

The Grandeur CL lasted for two cruises. It was on an experimental basis. The bean counters in Miami did not like it. So, there is no CL on Grandeur. Sorry.

Rick and Deirdra

Well, the first OS benefit........is a ton more space! If you have CD's bring them......as there is a DVD/CD player in your cabin.

Dining in..........this one we love. You have a dining table.....either set up for 2 or 4. If there are only 2 chairs..........and you want to invite another couple to dine with you.......ask for the other 2 chairs.....and ask for a table cloth and all of the trimmings.

Set everything up with room service.......you get to order off of the MDR menu.......so if you want to take it easy on a formal night.....where prime rib or lobster is in order........you can get it.

Ask for a fantasy evening. Your room steward will have rose petals on your bed.........as well as seeing that you have an incredible dinner.....in your cabin.

Enjoy it in your bathrobes, if that is a desire!

We have been doing OS's and RS's as well as GS's for the past 9 years, and we always have been treated so well.......that we always come back to RCCL.

So, congratulations on your first OS.............and the only problem.....is that it's very hard to go back, once you have discovered all of the benefits of a full suite.

Rick

Wow, they serve you dinner on your balcony? What a super idea! And a great way to have a special setting without having to get all dressed up! We will definitely do this on a formal night, both formal nights if we really like it (or it rains!).

So who brings the food? A waiter or the room attendant? If the waiter, have you ever needed anything again after they left and if so, what do you do? Is everything brought out at once or in courses? And if you order wine it is brought to your room?? This would be fabulous! Did you do this on the Vision class ships - wondering if the Grandeur may not have all these services????

Enjoy, but don't forget there is at least one extra person to tip daily, the butler, and any extra people serving you dinner. It helps to know in advance.

No butlers on RCI. The daily gratuities charges are higher for suites but no butler.

Congrats on the upgrade. The OS is a great cabin.

The Grandeur is a great ship and you will love your suite. We were on the 9/25/10 sailing and we were in the Royal Suite for my 60th birthday. The crew is very friendly, you will get a choice of wine for your suite gift. You will get a basket of fruit and a few other goodies. If your room steward is Mary Joy tell her Irene & John says hi. She is a sweet girl and will do whatever she can to keep you happy.

If you get invited to the Captain's quarters for a cocktail party, please make sure you go. It was wonderful and what a nice man the Captain is.

Enjoy, have fun.

Irene

Enjoy, but don't forget there is at least one extra person to tip daily, the butler, and any extra people serving you dinner. It helps to know in advance.

Well, with no concierge (butler?) provided I figured the additional person to tip daily would not be included? RCI didn't add it to the pre-paid gratuities.

Thanks for bringing this up as I was wondering how I would tip the folks bringing the dinner to the room. We pre-paid gratuities already and, honestly, I just figured we would just tip the same amount (again) or more to the people delivering to the room. I really like the idea of only 1 formal diner instead of two. :D

The Grandeur is a great ship and you will love your suite. We were on the 9/25/10 sailing and we were in the Royal Suite for my 60th birthday. The crew is very friendly, you will get a choice of wine for your suite gift. You will get a basket of fruit and a few other goodies. If your room steward is Mary Joy tell her Irene & John says hi. She is a sweet girl and will do whatever she can to keep you happy.

If you get invited to the Captain's quarters for a cocktail party, please make sure you go. It was wonderful and what a nice man the Captain is.

Enjoy, have fun.

Irene

Irene, thank you so much for this additional info! Every little bit helps me plan a little more to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!

We love wine so this is wonderful news!!! If we get Mary Joy we will certainly tell her you said Hi - I have written it down!!

Cocktail party at the Captain's quarters - wouldn't that be special? All this additional "love" added to the normal "love" and special attention the staff provide while onboard will certainly have us booking ten more cruises before we get off the ship!:eek: Oh yeah, have to be able to take off work and pay for those too, right??? HaHa.

I'm having so much fun. Keep those bennie ideas coming!

If you had reserved JS 7650, then be happy that you were upgraded. There was a little sewage leak going on, started right before my cruise (9/11) and continued through the October cruises.

There have been some unhappy people in that cabin. So I hope they get the problem fixed.

Congrats on the upgrade!

If you had reserved JS 7650, then be happy that you were upgraded. There was a little sewage leak going on, started right before my cruise (9/11) and continued through the October cruises.

There have been some unhappy people in that cabin. So I hope they get the problem fixed.

Congrats on the upgrade!

Crusinmama06,

I saw your post when this happened to you...I was so sad for you knowing how important the room was for you. I don't know if I could have been in there but I understand your dilemma - if I remember correctly the ship was pretty full so the room change would not be a good thing for you and your family. You kept writing about how they were doing everything possible to make the best of an unfortunate situation, including offering to move you. The gentleman staying in your room (meetnmingle) the week we cruise seems like such a nice man that I have been sending silent prayers for the room to be perfect for him for his cruise. I didn't realize that people continued to have problems after you finished your cruise. How sad.

Hubby would love to visit the bridge. I was disappointed when RCI discontinued (limited?) bridge tours after 9/11. So this would be great!

We did a galley tour once on Monarch. Wow. Would love to go to another one to compare/contrast. Imagine my next comparison when, someday hopefully, on the Allure galley tour!!:eek:

Crusinmama06,

I saw your post when this happened to you...I was so sad for you knowing how important the room was for you. I don't know if I could have been in there but I understand your dilemma - if I remember correctly the ship was pretty full so the room change would not be a good thing for you and your family. You kept writing about how they were doing everything possible to make the best of an unfortunate situation, including offering to move you. The gentleman staying in your room (meetnmingle) the week we cruise seems like such a nice man that I have been sending silent prayers for the room to be perfect for him for his cruise. I didn't realize that people continued to have problems after you finished your cruise. How sad.

Our cabin attendant did his best to make the most of it. I can't say that that guest relations did anything. They never called to check on us. They never offered to move us although I know there were some higher cabins available just before sailing. I didn't want to be moved when I thought it was a leaking fridge. When I came back and read that it was possibly sewage, then I got angry.

Here are the stories from the people who stayed in the cabin after us...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1292139

Yep, say a prayer for that guy from your meetnmingle. I hope they have the cabin fixed.

Archived