Dinning in Blu

melgray13

We booked an Aqua cabin for our sailing and I understand that means dinner at Blu. Is the menu differnt than the main dining room or just the setting?

Thanks

Totally different menu as well as the venue. They have their own

galley.

If you do a search you will find lots of threads about it.:)

Rare or medium rare Osso Buco? When you are cooking a veal shank to make it tender, I allow at least 2 hours in a dutch oven. Believe me it isn't rare or medium rare but it is "falling off the bone" delicious.

Hope it is truly on the Blu Menu. Will order it for sure.

If anyone has had the pleasure of Blu for a 7 day cruise, can you tell us which 3 of the 10 day menus have been skipped? We'll be on Eclipse in AQ in January and are very much looking forward to this new experience!

I would love to try Blu but we always cruise with friends and so far they usually only opt for standard balcony cabins. Finally got them into a C3 so maybe there is hope:D We love traditional dining and are happy with that but to try Blu would mean not eating with them. So - maybe one day :p

We were recently on the Equinox with friends and learned some valuable lessons. They were in a concierge and we were aqua class and suites. Aqua and suites were always welcome and accommodated in Blue. All others had to wait it out or come at either very early or very late timing, or not at all. There were even nights they offered us free dining in Tuscan Grilll to open up seats at Blue which was over subscribed and packed. We found food as good as main dining room....Food was very good overall. Trying to get our group together in Blue.....near impossible. Either Aqua's or suites...or else prepare to eat in the main dining room or specialty restaurants.

Food greatly depends on the chefs who prepare it and some of them are better then others and move around. Three cruises after having the most wonderful meal you can return to have the worst. These floating cities always have people coming on and off contract. Luck of the draw!

Happy sails!

we are looking forward to Equinox, AQ & blu

recently saw the dining room layout...what are the best table locations for two--does not have to have a water view just some space!

Any location is fine. Also, do not concern yourself with a water view, since it will probably be dark.

We were recently on the Equinox with friends and learned some valuable lessons. They were in a concierge and we were aqua class and suites. Aqua and suites were always welcome and accommodated in Blue. All others had to wait it out or come at either very early or very late timing, or not at all. There were even nights they offered us free dining in Tuscan Grilll to open up seats at Blue which was over subscribed and packed. We found food as good as main dining room....Food was very good overall. Trying to get our group together in Blue.....near impossible. Either Aqua's or suites...or else prepare to eat in the main dining room or specialty restaurants.

Food greatly depends on the chefs who prepare it and some of them are better then others and move around. Three cruises after having the most wonderful meal you can return to have the worst. These floating cities always have people coming on and off contract. Luck of the draw!

Happy sails!

That has been the policy since the S class ships have sailed. Blu is exclusively for AQ members except that suite passengers are allowed with a $5 surcharge if available. On many cruises suites cannot get in. CC cabins are not supposed to eat in Blu, that is just the way it is on the S class ships...

Since a passenger has to be in Aqua Class to dine in Blu, does every one who books this class of cabin only travel with others who do, as well? I can't imagine cruising with friends who wouldn't be allowed to dine with us.

Well, that is the choice a person has to make~which cabin category

is good for everyone. I realize there are major, MAJOR AQ fans on here

but not all of us are, for various reasons.

I sailed in AQ on Solstice back in Sept. I was glad to have been able

to try it and the only way I could is that the prices dropped a TON and

so I booked. It is not condusive to the solo traveler so I would not book

it again. (That is just one person's opinion).

The other reason I would not book again is it is normally way out

of my budget.

As for eating with friends if you are in AQ and they are not? You said

you could not imagine them "not being allowed to dine with you"?

Then you would have to change and dine with them in another venue.

The Main Dining room or any of the other dining venues. Blu is set up

for the amount of people in Aqua Class cabins only (with Suite

Pax on a space availiblity basis for 5.00 each).

Archived