Tinted Moisturizers

vfb2girls

So can anyone recommend a good tinted moistuizer? I would like to use this instead of foundation on our Caribbean cruise, foundation just makes my face feel caky and heavy and since I have gotten older it seems to settle in the fine lines. Besides the only time I would even try to put make up on is the night we are going to the steakhouse, other then that it is pretty much bare skin.

I'm a recent convert to Laura Mercier, LOVE her tinted moisturizers. I use the oil-free version during the day and the "illuminating" formula with a little transluscent powder on top at night.

In the past I used Clinique and I still think those formulas are very nice for day wear.

I have a lot of friends who swear by the Laura Mercier, so I went to Sephora to buy some. The saleslady, who seemed very knowledgable, steered me towards the Tarte brand which is what I bought and I love it. However, didn't try the Laura Mercier. The saleslady was just so good at selling. I hope I wasn't scammed by some Tarte promotion for salespeople.

I have a lot of friends who swear by the Laura Mercier, so I went to Sephora to buy some. The saleslady, who seemed very knowledgable, steered me towards the Tarte brand which is what I bought and I love it. However, didn't try the Laura Mercier. The saleslady was just so good at selling. I hope I wasn't scammed by some Tarte promotion for salespeople.

let us know what you think of the Tarte brand...

let us know what you think of the Tarte brand...

I love the Tarte brand. In fact, I purchased several proucts that day and have gone back for replenishment since. I am 48 years old, very fair-skinned, and mostly dry skin (except in humidity when I sweat like crazy). I dab a bit of concealer (also tarte) in spots and then wear the tarte tinted moisturizer with SPF all over. If I'm going some place more formal, I will put a dusting of bare Minerals over the whole face.

My 20 year old daughter uses my Tarte products and loves them, too. In fact, she asked for a few of them on her Christmas List.

Again, I can't compare it to the Laura Mercier because the saleslady had me at hello! Next time I'm at Sephora, I will check them both out.

By the way, check out makeupalley.com for great makeup reviews. It's very extensive and incredibly informative. They have reviews on just about everything. Lots of fun.

Someplace else, another thread talked about this. I remember someone mentioning Balm Shelter. I needed another sunscreen for work (I work outside in the winter), so I decided to try it out. It's OK, but not my fave. But, then, I'm not a foundation user, so I might not be use to the "mask" it seems to put down.

I also have some Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Daily Face Shield SPF 40. It is more of a very watery serum. I mix it with the Balm Shelter and I am happy with those results. And, I get some good SPF protection in the process.

Archived